Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #197
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Thanks buddy. Ive done all I plan to on it. Upper/lower pullies, ported EATON, CAI, catback, and Dynotune. The thing is insane. I just REALLY want to be back in a GM car. Im hoping the Gen 6 turns out to be, sorta, an "economy C7". Lol. Most of the features for near half price! If it doesnt turn out as Im hoping, Ill get back in a used C7.
I've got kind of the same plan/idea in my head lol

I've never owned a corvette either. In the same price range I've been scoping out c6 zo6s as well. Talk about a platform 3200 lbs and a 427 under the hood. But then I've essentially got a 40k toy with no warranty and low grade interior by today's standards. A good deal on a 14 c7 next year could be really tempting as well... And the styling is amazing imo.

Tough decision but I'm leaning camaro right now.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #198
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Hey Pill and Todd15Fastback.. You guys want to lie and talk shit(especially Pill, while butt buddy Ford fanboy goes along with everything)? Bring your ass over instead of just spying on the forum and twisting words, ass clowns. You guys can snip something from this as well and post it on Mustang6G.

So much shit talking about a damn Car and brand. What a joke of a person. Who has time for all that shit?
Have you ever seen my Sig? Been like that for years.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #199
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Have you ever seen my Sig? Been like that for years.
Omg that is epic can't believe I never noticed it.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #200
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I've got kind of the same plan/idea in my head lol

I've never owned a corvette either. In the same price range I've been scoping out c6 zo6s as well. Talk about a platform 3200 lbs and a 427 under the hood. But then I've essentially got a 40k toy with no warranty and low grade interior by today's standards.
To give youa little perspective(C6Z), I am putting down 580/600 and STILL lost by a 1/2 car to a intake/exhaust C6z!(weight played a factor. 2x250lb guys in mine, PLUS the 700 extra lb curb weight) They are craaaazy fast! That was always my dream car. But like you, my tastes have "evolved". Dont believe I could go back to a pre-C7 interior. Ive got really high hopes in the new Camaro.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #201
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
To give youa little perspective(C6Z), I am putting down 580/600 and STILL lost by a 1/2 car to a intake/exhaust C6z!(weight played a factor. 2x250lb guys in mine, PLUS the 700 extra lb curb weight) They are craaaazy fast! That was always my dream car. But like you, my tastes have "evolved". Dont believe I could go back to a pre-C7 interior. Ive got really high hopes in the new Camaro.
haha I know no personal experience but I've youtubed them for days. Heads/cam zo6 is a very hard car to beat... No matter what you bring. They are no slouch with light mods either. I wanted to run a stocker with my 5th gen but never got a chance... Guessing it would have been somewhat close with me losing.

But yes tastes evolve and I just don't think it's what I want right now. The price and performance value is tempting though... Low mile 08s (most issues gone and other significant updates by then) can be had for low 40s.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-13-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 AM   #202
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Let's see, the hood is completely different, the grills are completely different, the rear side window is completely different, the rear bumper cover is completely different, the trunk character lines are completely different, the lower side sculpting is completely different... Yeah you are right its just like the 14/15 refresh....

Well for a first thought it certainly looks like they added enough front cheap plastic to match the 14/15refresh's butt plastic that runs half way up the rear, now we get it taking up the whole front as if its some amazing design. Not sure why they constantly do this and sacrifice appearence in favor of weight saving ugly machine cut plastic pieces? oh yeah I forgot they got keep em cheap enough for teenage base model drivers that like to say :i have a camaro too" lol
hmm how have them sales been going since that refresh?

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #203
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
here is the side shot lightened up.. you can see the wheel arches and the headlight bucket a little now.

How it shouild be..... 427 all aluminum. AFR heads and EFI with all the stops pulled out. 8500 rpm redline.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:58 AM   #204
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Well for a first thought it certainly looks like they added enough front cheap plastic to match the 14/15refresh's butt plastic that runs half way up the rear, now we get it taking up the whole front as if its some amazing design. Not sure why they constantly do this and sacrifice appearence in favor of weight saving ugly machine cut plastic pieces? oh yeah I forgot they got keep em cheap enough for teenage base model drivers that like to say :i have a camaro too" lol
hmm how have them sales been going since that refresh?
Funny you should ask, considering sales went up after the 2014 refresh.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:30 AM   #205
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Funny you should ask, considering sales went up after the 2014 refresh.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:44 AM   #206
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
I still think the LEDs are vertical rather than horizontal due to some of the camo's running around. On around 2 or 3 you could see vertical LED strips where the LED's are shown in the rendering..

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote