Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #57
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
"Government Motors".. Sound like someone who has come here from a Mustang forum. Lol.
PROUD to drive a FORD because they're NOT GUBMENT / OBAMA MOTORS LOLOLOLOL

BLUE OVAL 4 EVER

NO OBAMA MOTORS FOR ME

GM SUX

MUSTANG RULZ

PILL IZ LYFE
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #58
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
According to Mike Judge, "the 5thgen will roll off the line for the final time on Friday November 20th."
Old 05-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #59
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
"Government Motors".. Sound like someone who has come here from a Mustang forum. Lol.
Actually I swore I'd never buy another GM vehicle after that bail out. Especially since every previous GM van or truck I owned had transmission issues. However after test driving the 3 pony cars the Camaro made me eat my words. I'm not a fan of GM by any means though.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #60
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
That would be a horrible mistake on the part of GM to release a new car in May and not be able to deliver any till April of the following year. I realize Government Motors has a history of bad decision making but there's no way this is true. Especially piggy backing on the tremendous success of the Gen 5.
When I ordered my 2013 ZL1 convertible, ordering open in April of 2012, with production beginning in August 2012.

Ordered mine the first day ordering was possible, got lucky and got the only convertible allocation for my dealer, and took delivery August 27.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #61
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Actually I swore I'd never buy another GM vehicle after that bail out. Especially since every previous GM van or truck I owned had transmission issues. However after test driving the 3 pony cars the Camaro made me eat my words. I'm not a fan of GM by any means though.
Funny, I test drove all three and ended up with the Mustang. Haha. Even though I liked the seating position, gearing, etc., better in the Camaro, I couldn't go with it due to the tiny looking windshield.. If it were my only car, I would have gotten an SRT8 Challenger.

I'm excited to see what the 2016 Camaro brings. Based on newer Chevy interiors, I don't see a reason to be disappointed unless they mess up the exterior. I like the renders I've seen from Chaz so far. Have driven my buddy's 15 GT PP and it just didn't do it for me.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #62
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Funny, I test drove all three and ended up with the Mustang. Haha. Even though I liked the seating position, gearing, etc., better in the Camaro, I couldn't go with it due to the tiny looking windshield.. If it were my only car, I would have gotten an SRT8 Challenger.

I'm excited to see what the 2016 Camaro brings. Based on newer Chevy interiors, I don't see a reason to be disappointed unless they mess up the exterior. I like the renders I've seen from Chaz so far. Have driven my buddy's 15 GT PP and it just didn't do it for me.
I actually liked the way the Mustang handled better but it had the performance pack or whatever they called it with the strut tower bracing and pirreli tires so it wasn't really fair since the Camaro didn't. But the difference was so small. I thought the Ford V6 was really sluggish. The interior seemed really cramped even though I liked it a lot better than the Camaro's plain plastic interior. The Challenger was gutless and handled like a boat and was way out in left field with their pricing. In the end I thought the Camaro won out as the most well rounded car. The chevy V6 was definitely superior to the other 2. It's the most fun I've ever had with a car. I'm a biker.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote