Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
can't waiting!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
No one knows but i'd be kinda surprised if they had a 1LE version on the first year. They typically save that for at least the 2nd model year. Just like the new Corvette. There's no Z06 or ZR1 for the first year.
Why? They have the Z51 package out for the Stingray so I'm sure the 1LE would be available the first year of the 6th gen.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I am watching the Opel Monza's rollout for cues on the next Camaro. I think you will see all the 2014 models in 2015 with a possible LT1 option if the Gen6 looks like it will be pushed out at all. Chevy has the Tahoe/Suburbans based on the new truck to update in the middle and GM may want to watch the Mustang's launch reaction.
i think that is quite a stretch. if you look at the design language of the new camaros, from launch until the refresh 14, it is way too far of a jump to go from the 14s to what the monza concept looks like. and pretty much all opel designs or cars get translated/badged as buicks anyways; the monza matches the buick designs much closer than any chevy
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
i think that is quite a stretch. if you look at the design language of the new camaros, from launch until the refresh 14, it is way too far of a jump to go from the 14s to what the monza concept looks like. and pretty much all opel designs or cars get translated/badged as buicks anyways; the monza matches the buick designs much closer than any chevy
True Opels get translated to Buicks. However I think that the Monza will be close in terms of the dimensions, a lot of the interior, weight, etc. The Monza won't have a V-8 I wouldn't think, so that part won't be comparable. The Camaro will have its own sheetmetal too, but the Monza may be close in terms of roof lines, etc. I am thinking now we won't see the Gen6 until Spring 2016.

Edit I just checked and the Monza is not scheduled for production so that is a dead end.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
I heard that the LS7 will be a build option..

Jk

Me too.....but emissions certs will keep that from happening :(
Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
How many of you think no 6th gen until both after the 50th anniversary and the move to Lansing, MI? Notice how the Vette had its 60th anniversary before introducing the C7?
not is offline   Reply With Quote