Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2022, 10:37 AM   #1
Ryfly05

Drives: 22 2SS 1LE
Shoutout to Heiser Chevy in West Bend, WI

Hey everyone, first post here. Been lurking for a couple months when i decided a Camaro was on the short list. I had originally planned on ordering a 23 Camaro when they become available to order, but after seeing some folks waiting for 6+ months for their custom order, and some not even leaving 1100 status I knew that wasn't the path for me. I went to chevrolet.com and started looking for inventory for the options that I wanted (mainly 2SS, 1LE, PDR, 6 spd). On top of that, I was not going to pay any sort of "market adjustment." Needless to say, finding one was going to be a challenge.

The closest car that had all those options was 250 miles away, and of course "in transit." Called the dealer, and it was a sold customer order. Bummer. The next closest car with everything I was looking for was 1500 miles away, in West Bend, WI. Also in transit of course. Called them up, and the car was still available, and they weren't marking it up! Long story short, I ended up putting my deposit on it on Feb 28th, the car arrived at the dealership Mar 18th, and arrived at my house last weekend Mar 27th.

Throughout the whole process, the guys at Heiser (especially my salesman Ceasar) were very honest and accommodating to making the process as easy and painless as possible. Ceasar was super helpful, and at least made it seem that he was almost as excited as I was about the car. He sent me multiple videos and pics of the car throughout the process. He even came in on his day off to set up on star for me so I could track the car before it shipped to my house. (Didn't know it was his day off till afterwards, otherwise I would've asked someone else to do it.)

Anyways, just wanted to give them a shoutout since I had a really good experience with them. We hear too much about bad experiences and not enough good experiences when they do happen. I would highly recommend them if you're in their area (or even if you're not, like me).
Attached Images

Ryfly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Good stuff, hope you enjoy the car!
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:51 AM   #3
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Good to hear positive dealer stories on here. There are way too many greedy dealers nowadays. I had to call 20 or more dealers before I found a good one willing to be honest and stick to his word, plus no markup.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Gorgeous car (and Ducati). I hope you enjoy it. Ive been trying to buy an in-stock or in-transit 1SS 1LE, but everyone Ive talked to has crazy markups.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #5
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Beautiful stable you got there and it is refreshing to hear a good dealer experience. I’ve talked to about 15 of them and out of those only 3 seemed like they wanted my business. The tide will turn again and I’m hoping those greedy dealerships pay dearly.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:13 PM   #6
silstream

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Car looks amazing! I came really close to getting the Cherry Tintcoat after having Garnet Red last time around and seeing yours really makes me wonder if I did the right thing going for Satin Steel! Both look great I'm sure (and neither color will be continued in 2023)

Many congrats on finding the car for you!
2022/01/25: 3800 Built!
2022/01/26: 4300
2022/01/27: 4B00 (Hood-wrap)
2022/01/28: 4200 (Shipped from Grand River -> Toledo, OH - ready for train)
2022/02/22: Tour of the US by train (currently in Grand Island, New York)
2022/03/03: Rail-ramp offload at Kent, WA
2022/03/11: Arrival at dealer
2022/03/17: Collection! (3.5 months from date of order with allocation to collection)
silstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #7
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Cool. This is the same color and 1LE package I'm waiting on, except mine is a 1SS. I was actually discussing this exact car with Heiser late in February. But then my original order from last fall was accepted on Feb 24.

They seemed like a good dealer to me too. No markup and no mandatory accessories. I knew it wouldn't take long for it to be sold. Nice to see it went to someone on the forum.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #8
Ryfly05

Drives: 22 2SS 1LE
Thanks everyone. Whenever I open up the garage door, I can't help but be grateful for the awesome machines I've been able to not only own, but also to put through their paces. I dont own things that I don't use to the fullest (at least of what I'm capable of). The Panigale has seen many track days, and my plan is that the Camaro will see its fair share of track days as well. Never done a track day in a car, so I can't wait! From the little I've experienced so far on the street on some country roads, this thing is going to be VERY capable at the track. By far the most fun/capable car I've ever driven. The only other comparable car that I've owned was an 06 GTO that I bought in 2014 also with the 6 spd, and this Camaro is light-years ahead in pretty much every possible way. Really an amazing car, and I think somewhat underrated. Just did my 500 mile oil change today, can't wait to get that 1500 so I can really see what she has to offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Cool. This is the same color and 1LE package I'm waiting on, except mine is a 1SS. I was actually discussing this exact car with Heiser late in February. But then my original order from last fall was accepted on Feb 24.

They seemed like a good dealer to me too. No markup and no mandatory accessories. I knew it wouldn't take long for it to be sold. Nice to see it went to someone on the forum.
Nice, I figured there were at least a few other people asking about this car since they are hard to find, let alone without a markup. I was somewhat surprised I was the lucky one to give them my money Sounds like you may have gotten it if your order didn't get picked up. I'm glad it did!
Ryfly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:17 PM   #9
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Beautiful ride. Congratulations and that’s great that you found a great dealer to deal with.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote