Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
vicks17SS

Drives: 17' SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Accident alert on my 17 SS camaro :(

What is up forum! While it is mostly good news in here, I would like to share and report that I was involved in a minor accident this past weekend. I was driving home and some stupid tube (or it seems) was in the freeway. It bounced off a truck and went straight into my right lower bumper. As you can see the damage it seems bad. I need your guys expertise on how much done it was done and how much I'm I looking to ask the insurance for? I know the car comes with 3 radiators but here are the pics...

[IMG][/IMG]
vicks17SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
TimmyTurner

Drives: Matte Black 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicks17SS View Post
What is up forum! While it is mostly good news in here, I would like to share and report that I was involved in a minor accident this past weekend. I was driving home and some stupid tube (or it seems) was in the freeway. It bounced off a truck and went straight into my right lower bumper. As you can see the damage it seems bad. I need your guys expertise on how much done it was done and how much I'm I looking to ask the insurance for? I know the car comes with 3 radiators but here are the pics...

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't see anything buddy......try hosting the pictures in Google Drive and making the pictures shareable with the link.
TimmyTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
vicks17SS

free screen capture
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #4
vicks17SS

There they are sorry...man, I am so sad about this but glad I am OK. Thats what matters but that is my baby!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
Maybe I'm missing something but you don't get to ask your insurance for any amount. They send and adjuster out to survey the damage and that is the amount you get. You might take it to a local trustworthy shop and have them quote repairs.
ClaunchOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
TimmyTurner

Quote:
There they are sorry...man, I am so sad about this but glad I am OK. Thats what matters but that is my baby!
Dang man I'm sorry about your car. That really sucks, do you have a dash cam? I got into a car accident a few weeks back and posted a video of it here on the forums. I feel your pain.

Good luck with the insurance company.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #7
vicks17SS

16 years driving and no accidents so this is my first. Sorry for the newbie question.. :/
Old 01-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
vicks17SS

No dash cam man, I filled the claim and not sure how long it will take..I hear horrible stories about filling claims ..
Old 01-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
16 years driving and no accidents so this is my first. Sorry for the newbie question.. :/
I see. Just pay attention and make sure insurance company does it right. Be sure they fix everything and use OEM parts. Don't let them try to lowball you with after market cheaper parts.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #10
vicks17SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
I see. Just pay attention and make sure insurance company does it right. Be sure they fix everything and use OEM parts. Don't let them try to lowball you with after market cheaper parts.
I should be able to see the parts when they give me a quote right?
Old 01-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #11
ClaunchOfficial

Quote:
I should be able to see the parts when they give me a quote right?
Yes they will have an itemized list of parts and labor in the quote. Not trying to scare you most insurance companies do it right and being a new car it should be back to new when it's all done.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #12
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
Yes they will have an itemized list of parts and labor in the quote. Not trying to scare you most insurance companies do it right and being a new car it should be back to new when it's all done.
So not trying to jack this thread at all...but on my wreck I have to replace my bumper and left rear quarter panel and either buff out the wheel because of scratches or get another wheel. They estimated at around 1500.00 wondering if they estimated using all brand new parts now.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
This is what my insurance paid to get what you see fixed. Just got my car back today. was gonna have a SS bumper put on, but the insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the DRLs ,so the body shop just put her back the way she was. I'm in the middle of buying a house and couldn't afford to spend money where it wasn't needed. The headlight was busted as well as the DRL. I know mines a V6 and i dont have the radiators you have there. But it might give you a idea.
Attached Images

chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
vicks17SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTurner View Post
So not trying to jack this thread at all...but on my wreck I have to replace my bumper and left rear quarter panel and either buff out the wheel because of scratches or get another wheel. They estimated at around 1500.00 wondering if they estimated using all brand new parts now.
1500? Not bad. But yeah good idea to get a new wheel in. I wonder if I can keep the old wheel? For back up

Tags
accident camaro