Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Angry Power steering woes

I had an encounter with a deer near Augusta 4 months ago and I had my Camaro repaired at a body shop up there recommended by GEICO. About a month ago,I had to take my Camaro to the dealership in Yulee for a loud squeal which turned out to be a damaged power steering pump do to the accident then I had to take the car back to the dealership last week & they said a seal on the power steering column was going bad.

They said it may be do to this accident or maybe not. Today I was called by GEICO whom said the service manager at the dealership told them that this is a pre existing condition not do to the accident.

It will cost $900 + to replace the power steering column not to mention the cost of getting a rental car.

Is the steering column covered under the factory warranty if this is a pre existing condition?

I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this situation!

Thanks all...

Last edited by FLGator75; 04-10-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Grammar
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
My first phone call and visit would be to the dealer to see said service manager.

It's not beneath insurance companies to try and get out of paying a bill. If it were me, the dealer would have to be able to prove to myself that there was a way to definitively determine that this was pre-existing and not just an opinion. I'd also stand there while they made the call to the insurance company and redacted their previous assessment.

Hopefully someone else chimes in but that's where I'd start.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Thank you!
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote