Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #15
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
Does cover the hvac vent and some of the heated/vented seat controls?
It partially blocks the center vent, but not enough that I worry about it. I have a 1SS, so I cannot comment on the seat controls.
Attached Images

WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Island Camaro View Post
Hey guys first post on the forums just got my 2016 2SS 6M, really loving it but damn where do we put our phones.

Figured out a pretty decent option I think, I didnt want anything obstructing the windshield that thing is small enough already lol, wire for car play reaches perfectly and out of the way of the shifter, gave it a custom touch to match the car also, lemme know what you think!

That looks great. Perfect look for our car. Can you post where you got the chevy SS logo (I see where you posted the link to the mount on Amazon)?

I had picked the exact same place for my mount but just have a generic Scosche one from Walmart.

I ran my Apple USB out the hinge of the console, underneath and up over the knee pad. Just have to plug in and mount on the magnet.

For those who say Apple Play" doesn't need phone in view.....this enhances the apple maps...Camero screen shows the map, the phone shows turn by turn instructions.

Also, I find that I forget to grab my phone when it's plugged in and slid between the seats. A lot easier to remember to grab it when I get out of the car when it is mounted in view

Also, for those with a Valentine 1, you can run the app, see the alerts and arrows, and change the programming. I just wired up my detector and concealed display, but recently sent an old one in for replacement upgrade and have that and the iPhone Bluetooth V1 Connection coming so will set that up once they arrive so I can use phone or concealed display (Running Demo mode in the photo here)

unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
It partially blocks the center vent, but not enough that I worry about it. I have a 1SS, so I cannot comment on the seat controls.
I have this one too. Blocks the buttons for passenger seat heat/cooling, but I can still turn them on and off. The vent is partially blocked for the passenger, but keeps the phone nice and cool! lol Passenger still feels the vent though. Also have their suction cup mount for when I am on the track. Both hold phone solid.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #18
finney84

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Magnetic phone mount

Just wanna know where you got the chevy emblem disc for your magnetic phone mount.
finney84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #19
katrinacop

Drives: 2016 White SS Convertible
Scosche MAG12V MagicMount Magnetic Power Socket Mount

This one has worked fine for me. I've had it for as long as I've owned the car... (8 months)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

katrinacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #20
Majorvol

Drives: 2016 2SS Black on black
OP, Where did you get the SS Chevy emblem for the center of the mount? Very cool
Majorvol is offline   Reply With Quote