Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/STABILITRACK LIGHTS ON AFTER BEING TOWED B ysY FLATBED

Hey Guys,

Just checking in here to see if anyone has had these lights come on after a tow. I broke a right front coilover and had to get a flatbed to take the car home and these have been on ever since. Headed to Autozone to get the ABS codes read now. Any other ideas to throw at me? Everything was fine before.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
When coilover broke could it have taken out some wiring going to the abs sensor?

Now on the towing side. I towed for 5 years and always used the proper tow hooks for the car that went in the proper tie down points. Now i worked with lazy slobs that just used big “j” hooks and j hook the front a arms and j hook the rear a arms or axle and pull it tight with the winch. If they did that maybe they pinched a wire. But im guessing its more something ding with the coilover
Old 03-10-2018, 04:55 AM   #3
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
yes I spent some time tracking the wire on that side and haven't come up with anything. MY Autozone doesn't have a scan tool that will help with ABS codes so I'll have to drive into town. Gotta get her aligned anyway. So yeah I should check the other side for damage wire as well. I was just trying the easy part first and have the scan tool tell me the obvious. And X2 for towing being an art form if you do it right. Some people are just winching cables while others are extracting vehicles. I was there the whole time and didn't see him do anything stupid but I don't remember everything he did. Just sucks in the rain not to have TC or on dry when squeeze it.