Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
drago

Drives: 2015 1le
best supercharger

i have been playing around with ideas on upping power, cam headers heads, but i have decided the best bang for the buck is a supercharger and headers, leaning towards edelbrock but don't know that much about it. anybody bolted 1 of these on?
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:01 AM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if it comes with a tune the tune sucks. Its only good to get you to the tuner. you will need a dyno tune. I has to be a wide band o2 tune.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
First of all, the best supercharger is the Heartbeat. The best installer/tuner is Andy at ADM Performance. Don't mess around with it yourself, call him.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
There is a "forced induction" sub-forum here that this should be in. You'll get a lot of good info and opinion there. This particular question is like opening a can of worms though.

But since you asked..

I'm a fan of top mount positive displacement superchargers. So here's a few options to think about:

Best bang for the $ = ADM LSA conversion. Nothing else comes close.
Most power from a base kit install = Whipple or Kenne Bell (my choice...love it!)
Newest technology = Magnuson Heartbeat
Tried and true can't to wrong = Magnuson 2300 or Edelbrock or SLP
Easiest to install = SLP

Then there are Centri's and Turbo's as well. I'm sure you'll hear from people there as well. Lots of great options too.

make sure you do a lot of reading and research. There is a ton of great reading available on this site. But like any forum...there can be some BS and confusing info as well. Be wary of vendors and their fanboys spreading BS about other systems so that you'll only buy theirs. Try to find independent users who have actually used the supercharger and seek out their advice.

There are many many fine supercharger set ups available. All of them have some positives and negatives. But all very high quality. We are lucky to have so many great aftermarket vendors supporting this platform.

Good luck! Superchargers are awesome on these cars.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
There is a "forced induction" sub-forum here that this should be in. You'll get a lot of good info and opinion there. This particular question is like opening a can of worms though.

But since you asked..

I'm a fan of top mount positive displacement superchargers. So here's a few options to think about:

Best bang for the $ = ADM LSA conversion. Nothing else comes close.
Most power from a base kit install = Whipple or Kenne Bell (my choice...love it!)
Newest technology = Magnuson Heartbeat
Tried and true can't to wrong = Magnuson 2300 or Edelbrock or SLP
Easiest to install = SLP

Then there are Centri's and Turbo's as well. I'm sure you'll hear from people there as well. Lots of great options too.

make sure you do a lot of reading and research. There is a ton of great reading available on this site. But like any forum...there can be some BS and confusing info as well. Be wary of vendors and their fanboys spreading BS about other systems so that you'll only buy theirs. Try to find independent users who have actually used the supercharger and seek out their advice.

There are many many fine supercharger set ups available. All of them have some positives and negatives. But all very high quality. We are lucky to have so many great aftermarket vendors supporting this platform.

Good luck! Superchargers are awesome on these cars.
^^^ This.

Also, if you're looking at an E-force, get in touch with 'SSCamaro'. He has had his one for about 40k miles now and has been very happy with it. I believe he has 546rwhp with a conservative tune.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
the e-force has to many issues to recommend ,the air to water aftercooler is crap ,the tune is crap ,the injectors are very small ,the tank for the heat exchanger is tiny, the fuel has to run past all injectors before it gets to the last cylinder,the coil covers trap in heat from the headers ,the heat exchanger it self is too small ,the heat will kill boost on hot days. honestly the E-force is the worst supercharger you can buy for the 5th gen
davidscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
if your wondering what supercharger does not have any of the problems that I listed, vortech V3 or V7 is a great pick ,they come with large injectors {65 to 70}, a huge air to air intercooler {1600hp+} ,there boost is far cooler than a PD ,they use meth much better than PD blowers ,no wires or bleed off plungers to worry about ,if you go with the v3 and get tired of 700hp you can swap to the v7 head unit in a hour and make over 1600hp ....the list just go's on and on
davidscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I'm very happy w/my Heartbeat...
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:54 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
What is the intended use for the vehicle? There are alot of factors that should guide you toward the right system for YOU.

I'd love to help anyway that you need. Call email or PM me anytime.

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #10
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I'm biased, let me get that out of the way.

ADM LSA kit is the best bang for the buck! I did the install my self so it is doable. Can not go wrong having Andy at ADM do it for you. PROVEN over several years. Love mine...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:29 AM   #11
2Intense

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
My Heartbeat gets installed next week so I am anxious to feel the results....won't know for 5-7 days though as I am having it primed and powder coated bright yellow before the install.

For those of you who have had a supercharger installed or installed one yourself, what was the first thing that went through your mind the first time you drove it after? How noticeable was the change?

I would be curious to hear your experiences...
2Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:49 AM   #12
nnettepos

Drives: Chevrolet
The best installer/tuner is Andy at ADM Performance.
nnettepos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #13
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Intense View Post
My Heartbeat gets installed next week so I am anxious to feel the results....won't know for 5-7 days though as I am having it primed and powder coated bright yellow before the install.

For those of you who have had a supercharger installed or installed one yourself, what was the first thing that went through your mind the first time you drove it after? How noticeable was the change?

I would be curious to hear your experiences...
I dropped it into 3rd at 65-70 mph on the freeway at WOT and lit up the tires. First thought, this will do just fine.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
For me, on entrance ramp to highway and flooring it. Going sideways and hearing the SC whine... Priceless. Knew then the 3.91s had to go ;o)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote