Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Unhappy What a 60mph hit will do to a Camaro.

Happened Tuesday. As many of you know, I have hundreds of man hours and my blood, sweat, tears and love in this car. She was just recently featured in a Camaro calendar. I've done all the mods myself, and it's fully loaded with tons of engine mods, Hotchkis track pack suspension, many new body pieces, custom interior and engine bay, etc. I was terrified that because the side curtain and seat airbags deployed, the car would be a total loss. But fortunately, they valued her so high, it's not a total, thank God. Some people were telling me I should be happy if they totaled it, and for a while we thought it would be and were looking for an IBM SS (which is VERY hard to find in an automatic, loaded, because of how rare the color is, I discovered) but I wanted MY car, not a different one, and I broke down and cried when they told me they valued her at almost $20K even with 100k miles on her and that I'm going to get to keep her because there's only about $10k in damage. I was shocked how they included all my mods in the valuation; State Farm has truly been fantastic. They are covering my transportation, gas, time off work, medical bills, everything.

I was able to start her up and back her off the road, but the axle is badly bent and the suspension is trashed, so she's getting a new rear end, new 1LE wheel, new headliner and seat (which I actually needed), etc, but she's going to be fine. I'm shaken up and very sore, but she protected me, and before she even stopped moving after I was hit, OnStar was on the line asking me if I was okay and calling an ambulance. I will continue to pay for OnStar now because it truly was a huge relief to hear that voice talking to me and sending out first responders. I'm pretty sore; it was a hell of a hit, but the damage could have been far worse, and if she had hit me even three feet to the left I may not be able to sit here and tell you all about it. So I'm in my second car for a few weeks while they do repairs, and licking my wounds at home.

I was so distraught. When I posted about it on Facebook, some jerk made the comment that my priorities are all f'd up and it's just a car and blah blah blah, but this car is the reason I met my husband, and it has SO much sentimental value and so many good memories and it absolutely irreplaceable-- the first car I ever bought new, with signed stuff from everyone who built her at Oshawa. My baby!

Lot of wrecks lately; 5 just within our Camaro club. Be safe out there, guys. Your whole life can change in just a blink.

P.S. Airbags are disgusting. They smell like cow sh*t and get smoke and dust EVERYWHERE!
Attached Images

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Scott 78

Drives: 2014 SIM SS 6M
Sorry to see your baby all tore up. At least you are safe.
Scott 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Never worry abut anything negative posted on Facebook

Glad you're OK
Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Glad you're okay. Stories like this make me wonder if OnStar is worth it. Even just getting their least expensive package without the bells and whistles and shit..
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
kdalters
Nittany Lion in Hogville

Drives: 2012 Camaro conv.
Ouch! Glad you survived. Cars can be fixed......find a good shop and get your baby back on the road. Looks like it protected you well. Yes, airbags do smell-up a car after they're deployed!
kdalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Glad you are ok.. and the car will be fixed. That's the damage a 60mph hit does? I would have expected the back end torn off... seriously a solid build.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
60 mph ? Looks like you got off easy, some of the more recent posts people have been getting it a lot worse. Glad you are able to walk away.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Glad your Ok, And we know how you feel about your Baby. May you get it fixed with no problems. I took a similar hit back in August of last year. Really sucks, and don't forget your depreciation value, I got $8oo.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
over 100K miles, I doubt they will give me a diminished value claim.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Geezus~~~~

So glad you are ok!

Really sorry about the car, but happy the car kept you safe.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP. glad you are ok. Yes, it should be fixed. all the sentimental value plus actual mods you have done. i am happy you are ok. yes. this forum has alot of folks in accidents all of a sudden.
you know, yes, these cars are tanks. and we call them fat pigs too. but, boy, they sure protect us folks in accidents like this. take care
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
awesome to see you are OK, I know I no longer have my IBM but I would hate to see yours dissapear
Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
mvrwdakingtm

Drives: bmw
Even just getting their least expensive package without the bells and whistles and shit.
mvrwdakingtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Glad the car did its job and before you know it your baby will be back on the road cruising around. Glad your ok though.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote