Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #281
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBB View Post
Troll level = EXPERT!

Well done sir! LOL

I'll admit I'm guilty as I've posted I think three times now, but how is this thread still going? Agreed, Troll level EXPERT!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 06-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #282
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty35 View Post
What?
It is solely up to you.
Driving a car you prefer not to own is not enjoyable.
How did you expect to impress women with a car with a "small engine"
Once again, you are twisting my words and a V6 isn't a small engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post

I'll admit I'm guilty as I've posted I think three times now, but how is this thread still going? Agreed, Troll level EXPERT!
I seriously don't know what the hell you guys are talking about with this TROLL shyt, but internet trolls that I know don't post:

- Information on what city they are in
- Information on what cars they drive
- Information on how they look

Trolls are hidden, anybody who stays in Clinton Township with the PICTURES I've posted, will know EXACTLY what apartment complex I stay in.

I've been reading these "is this a troll post" comments throughout this thread and it's quite frankly as stupid as the "V8 or Go Home" mentality.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #283
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Silly Camaro owners..... EVERYONE knows women only like men in Corvettes.

Serious. If you like the car drive it. Nothing wrong with a V6 Camaro.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
Old 06-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #284
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I wanted to keep this thread going by asking you guys some questions. After doing even further research, I guess now I'm trying to figure out WHY is it that guys even buy a Camaro V8 in the first place? Is the "V8 Or Go Home" Mentality really based on something of value or is it just non-sense?

Let's break this down.

1.) They Claim The V8 Has Better Resale Value

The 2010 Camaro SS came out with a price tag of about $31,000 in 2009/2010.
The 2010 Camaro V6 came out with a price tag of about $23,000 in 2009/2010.

I ran a Kelly Blue Book on both today, with 40,000 miles on them and in Excellent Condition:

- The Camaro V8 comes out to a trade in value of $20,111

- The Camaro V6 comes out to a trade in value of $14,645

This means that give or take, both lost about $10,000 between 2010 - today in terms of dropping from their original purchase price. So when people are saying the V8 holds its value, what are they talking about?? It's doing like every other CAR does, which is rapidly depreciate because a car is a depreciating asset.

2.) They Claim The V8 Is Significantly Faster Than The V6s

When you look up the V6 Camaros at about 330 HP and the V8 Camaros at about 420 HP, do you know what this comes out to in terms of performance? The V6 goes from 0 - 60 in about 6 seconds with quarter-mile time of about 14.2 seconds, and the V8 goes from 0 - 60 in about 5 seconds with quarter-mile time of 13 seconds.

So wait a minute here.

You mean to tell me people are spending $13,000 - $15,000 more for "performance" that's only 1 second faster in the 0 - 60 category and only about 1 second faster in the quarter-mile??

3.) They Claim V6s Are Slow

I don't know about you, but how in the hell does going from 0 - 60 in 6 seconds equate to SLOW in any regard? 0 - 60 in 6 seconds is fast as all hell.

4.) They Claim The V8s Look Better

You can modify your Camaro with accessories to honestly make it look however you want. The bodies of all packages look relatively the same but you can always modify your exterior and interior.

5.) They Claim The Camaro Has Always Been A V8

There's been a V6 option for the Camaro since 1982 with the Third Generation Camaros. The Camaro has not always been a V8 option.

6.) They Say The V8 Has A Better Sound

This is the ONLY valid argument here in my opinion. But is it WORTH IT to pay $13,000 - $15,000 more for the V8 sound, or how about you just do what I'm going to do and add an MRTv2 exhaust to eliminate the V6 stock sound and replace it with a muscle tone?

I don't know, it seems to me that V8 Camaro guys are wasting $13,000 plus on a car that isn't significantly better than the V6 Camaro. But maybe I'm wrong. The ONLY thing I see that's significantly better with the V8 is the sound, but paying $13,000 MORE for that sound?? I don't think that makes any sense when again, you can MODIFY your car to add better exhaust packages to provide a much better sound than Stock.

What do you guys think about this?
I think nobody says....

I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

And I sure as shit ain't depressed about my car! $13,000 well spent bitch.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #285
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
This is a wonderful thread!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Old 06-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #286
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post

When i retire i want one as well.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:41 PM   #287
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post

They like smart cars over lambos.....so the corvette is further down the list.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #288
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
I seriously don't know what the hell you guys are talking about with this TROLL shyt, but internet trolls that I know don't post:

- Information on what city they are in
- Information on what cars they drive
- Information on how they look

Trolls are hidden, anybody who stays in Clinton Township with the PICTURES I've posted, will know EXACTLY what apartment complex I stay in.

I've been reading these "is this a troll post" comments throughout this thread and it's quite frankly as stupid as the "V8 or Go Home" mentality.

I beg to differ. I pulled this right off your profile
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #289
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I think nobody says....

I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

And I sure as shit ain't depressed about my car! $13,000 well spent bitch.
Seems like a waste of money to me to impress people who have a 1970's mentality of what a "muscle car" is supposed to be, rather than a MODERN day reality that the V8 isn't the only "get up and go" type of engine available anymore.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2014-c...cle-cars-exist

Let's look at the 2014 Camaro sales numbers. 97,632 units were sold (89,377 in US and 8,255 Internationally) and 71,481 of those sold were the V6 models. 73% of all Camaro sales in the country and internationally, are V6 models. That means when you drive down the street and see a Camaro, about 8 times out of 10, it's a V6 model.

The small minority who still hold to this OUTDATED belief that a Camaro isn't a "real one" unless it has a V8 in it are dying out. That belief was TRUE decades ago because it was the V8 technology that only produced significant HP. With the V6 now producing significant HP, that belief system is outdated, stale, and stupid. Call it like it is.

We can argue what a true "muscle car" is and we'll be here all day.

MOST people base their definitions of what a "muscle car" is based on the way cars were decades ago. I'm not even sure the term "muscle car" even still represents what it used to because again, BACK THEN, it was only the V8 that had some "get up and go". With V6s doing 330 HP and turbo-charged V4s doing 275 HP, we are dealing with a whole new world.

Here's the REAL QUESTION: Does the term "muscle car" even apply anymore with now these powerful V4s and V6s being on the road? Or, are we living in a new world where the term "muscle car" shouldn't even be used and instead...we should just refer to these cars as high-performance cars?
Old 06-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #290
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
This thread needs a song.
https://youtu.be/sSXiLVsq0cI

Last edited by Ragnar; 06-21-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #291
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
wrong debate about "real Camaro": not V6 vs V8, should be 1SS vs 2SS vs ZL1 vs Z28.

Threre can be only 1 true heir to the throne....
Old 06-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #292
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Seems like a waste of money to me to impress people who have a 1970's mentality of what a "muscle car" is supposed to be, rather than a MODERN day reality that the V8 isn't the only "get up and go" type of engine available anymore.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2014-c...cle-cars-exist

Let's look at the 2014 Camaro sales numbers. 97,632 units were sold (89,377 in US and 8,255 Internationally) and 71,481 of those sold were the V6 models. 73% of all Camaro sales in the country and internationally, are V6 models. That means when you drive down the street and see a Camaro, about 8 times out of 10, it's a V6 model.

The small minority who still hold to this OUTDATED belief that a Camaro isn't a "real one" unless it has a V8 in it are dying out. That belief was TRUE decades ago because it was the V8 technology that only produced significant HP. With the V6 now producing significant HP, that belief system is outdated, stale, and stupid. Call it like it is.

We can argue what a true "muscle car" is and we'll be here all day.

MOST people base their definitions of what a "muscle car" is based on the way cars were decades ago. I'm not even sure the term "muscle car" even still represents what it used to because again, BACK THEN, it was only the V8 that has some "get up and go". With V6s doing 330 HP and turbo-charged V4s doing 275 HP, we are dealing with a whole new world.

Here's the REAL QUESTION: Does the term "muscle car" even apply anymore with now these powerful V4s and V6s being on the road? Or, are we living in a new world where the term "muscle car" shouldn't even be used and instead...we should just refer to these cars as high-performance cars?
Muscle car isnt something thats a modern theme. Really when people post about certain cars that qualify as muscle cars currently its an insult to the originals. Its just not about drivetrain or 1/4 mile times.....its the look....the sound.....theres so much more then " my car is faster then any of those old muscle cars" Its plain and simple.... pull your v6 Camaro or Mustang or turbo 4 beside a Chevelle SS 396. Step back and take a long hard look......if you cant see what muscle is then you have no business commenting on the subject. Anything can be made to go fast......but a muscle car is in a class all by itself.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #293
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
This thread has been going for four days and at last count 290 replies and what have we learned?..........Not a dam thing that`s even close to being useful!
Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #294
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
This thread needs a song.
https://youtu.be/sSXiLVsq0cI
Here ya go.....

Closed Thread