Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #43
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
First video I might say something to the manager about, but the second video that guy was not trying to steal anything. He was making sure he didn't leave anything behind and was actually careful with your car. Also, never leave any of your stuff in the car in plain sight for any reason. When I drop my car off I lock the glove box and put everything else in the trunk.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #44
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
(Can't see the video at work...)

I wouldn't bother talking to the dealership about it.

If you don't plan on going back for anything, perhaps post the first video (of the guy unable to drive stick) on Youtube, addressing as you found it funny, not something that got you angry.

It may or may not get back to the dealership. But, if you are interested in saving other manuals from being driven by that employee, public embarrassment may be more effective than just telling his manager.

"Hey, I'm dropping of my manual Camaro...but I saw a video on youtube...you have a different tech that can drive stick, right?"
Old 03-12-2015, 11:22 AM   #45
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
No harm no foul with either guy. You car was not hurt, and neither were your possessions. I would not leave things in the car of I was you. First guy should practice with manual cars, but the first time I drove our Camaro, I struggled with the clutch as well, and that was coming for over 10 years of driving the WS6.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #46
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
First video kid obviously has little to no expirence driving a manual and should have asked some one else to drive. The second video just showed a guy checking to see if they left anything in there before you picked it up. Just throwing an idea out there next time maybe not leave stuff in your front seat if someone else is working on your car. Even if it is your car take responsibility for your possessions and don't give anyone a chance to mess with your things, even though there was no malicious intent. And for everyone bashing the guy for looking get over yourself, any reason to stir the pot you'll try to sell that crap like Kirby vacuum.
I agree with this. The 1st Video, the Idiot should not even be in your car if he can't drive a Stick - your Clutch should not be a learning tool for that Tool.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #47
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Human nature being what it is, if you leave things in your car, there is a good chance they may get looked at. Leave a Penthouse on the seat next time and watch the video on that. You may never want to touch your steering wheel ever again.
Gotta put the Lotion on!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #48
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Human nature being what it is, if you leave things in your car, there is a good chance they may get looked at. Leave a Penthouse on the seat next time and watch the video on that. You may never want to touch your steering wheel ever again.
Ew?
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #49
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Sure, he let out a HUGE BURP (who doesn't?) and announced to the world, "BIG RED DICK COMING THROUGH" while backing it out of the bay, but who doesn't act silly when no one is watching?
Hehe, I like this guy.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #50
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Oh my goodness, a stranger touched our belongings for a second.

Sue the guy for damages and have him sent to prison for years.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #51
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I think Jbow89 is being kind of a jerk. I understand your frustration regarding him stalling your car, theres a learning opportunity here for the guy. He also wasn't rifling through your stuff, he lifted your bag and it just looks like he was making sure he didn't leave anything behind.

He's a young kid, he's likely still learning, so yes, theres room for improvement. I say good on him for being a mechanic than some welfare sucking druggie like most young folks today.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #52
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSS View Post
I say good on him for being a mechanic than some welfare sucking druggie like most young folks today.
Please define "most young folks today"....
Old 03-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #53
BrutalSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Please define "most young folks today"....
Well, people who would rather mooch off the system, do drugs, not do anything beneficial etc. And I'm a bit on the younger side myself, I'm 29. As it turns out a lot of the people I went to school with are that way. Think entitlement generation/mindset and you got what I mean to a T.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #54
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
If that's your worst nightmare you live a sheltered life.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #55
BrutalSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
If that's your worst nightmare you live a sheltered life.
QFT.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #56
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSS View Post
I think Jbow89 is being kind of a jerk. I understand your frustration regarding him stalling your car, theres a learning opportunity here for the guy. He also wasn't rifling through your stuff, he lifted your bag and it just looks like he was making sure he didn't leave anything behind.

He's a young kid, he's likely still learning, so yes, theres room for improvement. I say good on him for being a mechanic than some welfare sucking druggie like most young folks today.
If you look at actual statistics of how many people are on welfare, including younger age groups, they show that most people aren't.

College admissions are also at their highest points ever, as well as people entering professional occupations. Turns out Millennials aren't all drug-using loafers that live at home until they're 30.

At any rate, no, it's unprofessional and poor business to let a lot attendant learn how to drive a manual in a customer's car. At most dealerships, it's a requirement to know how to drive stick BEFORE employment.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote