Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #239
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
The Camaro is the weakest out of Scat Pack, GT, and SS. And again the least powerful out of Hellcat, GT500, ZL1. Very disappointing. Should've got something else instead! The GT, Scat Pack, and 5th gen SS are all much better choices and I can't help but feel envious when I see one pass me by.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #240
EV2DEMON

Drives: 2004 Z06, 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
A lot of people who don't know how to drive around turns.
I agree.
EV2DEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #241
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The Camaro is the weakest out of Scat Pack, GT, and SS. And again the least powerful out of Hellcat, GT500, ZL1. Very disappointing. Should've got something else instead! The GT, Scat Pack, and 5th gen SS are all much better choices and I can't help but feel envious when I see one pass me by.
Please tell me more how the Scatpack and GT can drive on par with the current M4
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:51 PM   #242
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
The Scat Pack has a 6.4L. They need the extra displacement and the resulting 30 hp, that comes with it, to cart all that 4400 lb curb weight around.

The GT now has direct injection, but the 5.0L Coyote has to rev to the moon to get competitive power ratings. You also have to check all the right boxes for the performance pack option and perform the special launch control dance to get those sketchy sub 4 sec 0-60's.

5th gen SS? Aren't those regarded as slow and heavy around here? lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #243
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2DEMON View Post
I agree.
Yes, because we all know that there are no high horsepower cars that can handle.

Zero
None

They don't exist.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #244
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Then buy one of the other cars! Pretty simple solution. Oh yeah, not everyone gives a $hit if they have the fastest car.
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #245
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjross View Post
Then buy one of the other cars! Pretty simple solution. Oh yeah, not everyone gives a $hit if they have the fastest car.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #246
EV2DEMON

Drives: 2004 Z06, 2017 1LE
Quote:
Yes, because we all know that there are no high horsepower cars that can handle.

Zero
None

They don't exist.
The ZL1 outperforms the Hellcat in all but a straight line and even that's a close contest. Do you honestly believe that the ZL1 would be a measurably better car with 30 more HP?
Attached Images

EV2DEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #247
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2DEMON View Post
The ZL1 outperforms the Hellcat in all but a straight line and even that's a close contest. Do you honestly believe that the ZL1 would be a measurably better car with 30 more HP?
That's my point, though. GM built the 6th gen ZL1 to be a triple threat. However, it's not the fastest on the drag strip. The Hellcat and Demon are faster. The GT500 will probably be faster, too. Do you like knowing that your car isn't the best it can be, because GM doesn't care how much horsepower other cars are making?

You're the one claiming that the only people that like horsepower are the ones that can't drive through turns.

Would it make a massive difference? No. Would it make some difference? Probably.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #248
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
That's my point, though. GM built the 6th gen ZL1 to be a triple threat. However, it's not the fastest on the drag strip. The Hellcat and Demon are faster. The GT500 will probably be faster, too. Do you like knowing that your car isn't the best it can be, because GM doesn't care how much horsepower other cars are making?

You're the one claiming that the only people that like horsepower are the ones that can't drive through turns.

Would it make a massive difference? No. Would it make some difference? Probably.
Many (including the automotive press) would argue the ZL1 and SS are the best cars in the segment. Power does not equal performance and the three dimensional capabilities of the Alpha cars elevates them to world class.

ZL1>Hellcat>GT500. ZL1 equal to HC on the strip and GT350R on the track
SS>Scatpack>GT. SS is better in all areas of performance. Period.

Fair guess that the new GT500 is AOL because it can't match the ZL1 in three dimensions.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #249
lpe403

Drives: None
I don't think an LT2 or LT3 is in the cards:

Last edited by lpe403; 10-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.
lpe403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #250
lpe403

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Many (including the automotive press) would argue the ZL1 and SS are the best cars in the segment. Power does not equal performance and the three dimensional capabilities of the Alpha cars elevates them to world class.

Fair guess that the new GT500 is AOL because it can't match the ZL1 in three dimensions.
The Mopars are barges - and old barges at that.
The S550 GT 500 doesn't exist. The prior GT500 was a $30K motor stuffed in a $20K car. The GT350, while good, exists in the same performance universe as the 1SS 1LE, and which gives the Camaro owner lots of extra cash for hookers, while the GT350 owner is forced to masturbate due to budgetary constraints.

GM is doing quite well today.
lpe403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #251
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Nuff said.

Zl1 convertible.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #252
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

No doubt the 6th gen Camaros are some of the best cars available for the money but that doesn't mean big horsepower numbers don't impress a lot of people.

The base V8 Camaro has always seemed to have an advantage over the other cars in the segment, but the upper performance versions seem to lag behind.