Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #141
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Front shot looks good!
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #142
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Almost there
1. If you switch the headlights with the turn signal position and give it a little turn around
the corner ( couple inches ) while keeping the same shape , you may don't need the
side markers
2. Can you move the lower lights a little further to the corner , by extending the lower grille
to just short of the radius portion ( 2 ") and keeping the ends square , just like the one
above
3. You mention earlier the the trunk can't be made wider because of the wheel well , but
on the existing model , we open the trunk lid and there is some room beyond the lid to
outside , but that's not a big deal

4. On the hood , and by the same reason , it looks to me that it needs to be wider , closer
to the fenders edge , or it will cover the suspension tower , air cleaner etc

5 The exhaust as per your question , you are going to the fighter look
So it may be hidden just under the rear diffuser , cut just with the same angle off the
diffuser , and keep it in black or even with some kind of screen , and the shape of it
to mimic the geometrical vision of its surroundings
Just trying to make it not to standout from where it's in
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #143
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Front shot looks good!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Almost there
1. If you switch the headlights with the turn signal position and give it a little turn around
the corner ( couple inches ) while keeping the same shape , you may don't need the
side markers
2. Can you move the lower lights a little further to the corner , by extending the lower grille
to just short of the radius portion ( 2 ") and keeping the ends square , just like the one
above
3. You mention earlier the the trunk can't be made wider because of the wheel well , but
on the existing model , we open the trunk lid and there is some room beyond the lid to
outside , but that's not a big deal

4. On the hood , and by the same reason , it looks to me that it needs to be wider , closer
to the fenders edge , or it will cover the suspension tower , air cleaner etc

5 The exhaust as per your question , you are going to the fighter look
So it may be hidden just under the rear diffuser , cut just with the same angle off the
diffuser , and keep it in black or even with some kind of screen , and the shape of it
to mimic the geometrical vision of its surroundings
Just trying to make it not to standout from where it's in
I've removed the wrap-around on the tail lights so it will be consistent with the front styling. I know what you're asking but it's awkward looking on this particular body style for some reason.

Fog lights are square-ish now and moved out towards the sides. Is this what you had in mind? Might be too far out.

I didn't say the trunk 'couldn't' be made wider, just that it may not make much difference but I widened it here on this model since it was easy to do.

Hood... I'll have to look into that. The edge placement is actually part of the fender design.

I can make some adjustments on the tail pipes. They have to stick out a certain distance otherwise they'll melt the diffuser. I can play with it though and see what I can come up with.

Here are the revisions based on input, and the revised tail lights/rear corner of the car.

Name:  2020 Concept alt11d1.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  102.7 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt11d2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  55.7 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt11d3.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  36.8 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt11d4.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  53.3 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #144
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
No thank you to all of them.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #145
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
No thank you to all of them.
Got anything positive? Like what you would like to see?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #146

Drives: Getaway Special
Exercise in futility! Reboot!! Since you asked. Like most say, history repeats itself and I think I've seen that shape many a time... and it's kinda old hat.... Rounded edges needed vs flat panels. etc ... good luck! Oh, it is starting to look like an oversized FXXXXXXO... Oh No... well, I think you recognized your own vision was taking that old pontiac look.... It lacks cohesive vision mainly.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #147
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
this is the ugliest thing i have ever seen

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #148
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Exercise in futility! Reboot!! Since you asked. Like most say, history repeats itself and I think I've seen that shape many a time... and it's kinda old hat.... Rounded edges needed vs flat panels. etc ... good luck! Oh, it is starting to look like an oversized FXXXXXXO... Oh No... well, I think you recognized your own vision was taking that old pontiac look.... It lacks cohesive vision mainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
HAHA you guys are hilarious I specifically said this CONCEPT is inspired by the 1967 Camaro so yes you would expect to have already seen some of the shapes and styling. People say they want retro-inspired but then complain that a retro-inspired design looks like the past.....what else would a retro-inspired design look like? The "vision" on this one is not only cohesive, it's pretty clear.

Ugliest thing you've ever seen? That's so "not" true it's ridiculous you even said it so why even bother posting such nonsense.

What's "lacking" in most of these comments and posts are reading and comprehension skills. I've already stated this is inspired by the 67 Camaro so people shouldn't be surprised to see things they've seen before. I've already stated I don't care if it looks like something from the past. I've already stated I don't care if someone doesn't like it. I've already stated if you don't like it and think it looks like something from the past don't post that because that kind of post is useless. I've specifically and repeatedly asked if you want to comment, put something positive and constructive; if you don't like the design then what WOULD you like? Try and be as specific as possible. Read some of the comments by the people who DO read and comprehend; their posts are useful and help improve things and I thank them GREATLY for being positive and having the right spirit of the adventure.

For the rest of you who just complain and/or criticize....post up YOUR concept drawings and ideas. Let's see what YOU think is better if you don't like what others are doing. Show us what you've got.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #149
Chuckduck

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
I guess we are in the age where it's okay to just shout out how you really feel and there is a post counter that will even give you credit for it. This is the reason many people can draw, sing, write..... but don't show it in public, kudos to you for having the nads to take the heat.
Chuckduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #150
oldfriend

SS

Doc , can you give it a chance , and try to increase the size of the head lights like 50% wider , with a line dividing it in two sections
And maybe putting the turn signal at the far outside corner of the grill
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #151
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Doc , can you give it a chance , and try to increase the size of the head lights like 50% wider , with a line dividing it in two sections
And maybe putting the turn signal at the far outside corner of the grill
Thanks
Here ya go. I was also experimenting with some lighting effects which gives it an interesting look.

Name:  2020 Concept alt11c2b.jpg
Views: 3128
Size:  39.1 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt11c2a.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  62.8 KB
Name:  2020 Concept alt11c2c.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  43.0 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #152
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....interesting Doc, I saw some Corvair inspired lines to it!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #153
oldfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here ya go. I was also experimenting with some lighting effects which gives it an interesting look.

Attachment 593374
Attachment 593373
Attachment 593375
I like the front , but the big space in between the headlights and the lower fog lights is asking for something in there
And I'm not sure what to put in there , maybe a intake vent for the front brakes ?!

And on the back , regarding the exhaust pipes could be within the rear diffuser , flash with it , having a 1" clearance and some kind a metal trim around it but not round tips , something that go hand on hand with the shape of the area surrounding it
And all in black and kind of looking downwards a little , this can be archived by following the angle of the diffuser
On the door handle , I think that it should be just in the door itself
Thanks
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #154
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....interesting Doc, I saw some Corvair inspired lines to it!
Funny you should mention Corvair. Realizing that the gas mileage requirements coming in the future of over 50 mpg was going to make it nearly impossible to keep big V8's, I was working on the idea of a super slippery shape with a low drag coefficient as a way to help improve gas mileage. A car could still have a small-block V8 or V6 and reach the mpg requirements if it had a low drag coefficient.

Originally I was trying this shape as a Camaro but I realized the Camaro crowd would simply not accept a shape like this, so I was thinking it might work as a revived Corvair and it could even have either a rear or mid-engine design. Something new for Chevy... a light-weight, super-handling, perfect weight-balance car that's a blast to drive and gets great gas mileage. Beautiful styling but not a lot of expensive technology so the price could be kept low. It's an idea anyways.

Name:  2020 Concept Corvair1.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  60.6 KB
Name:  2020 Concept Corvair2.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  2020 Concept Corvair3.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  53.2 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation