Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Dobbins4

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Any interest in solid bushings/ rod end suspension?

We all know that our Camaro's are rolling, fat, understeering behemoths from the factory. There are plenty of suspension modifications out on the market, and lots of urethane bushings.

However, I am the design engineer at a suspension design company, and I'm always looking for new projects, and why not let that project by my 5th gen Camaro? So I am putting out a feeler to see if there is interest in the market. We make fully adjustable suspension components, either from tubular chromoly steel, or billet aluminum depending on application. Each of our parts allows for adjustment range that can get you to wherever you want your setup to be, and use high quality rod ends. We also can design solid bushings, and replace all the awful rubber slop in your suspension. All of our parts are purchased and machined in America, and everything really is high quality.

I definitely understand that there are already a boatload of suspension options out there, but most still use urethane bushings for most of their components, and there's still room for improvement in a lot of parts, especially the rear end. I would like your thoughts on the manner. Yes, our parts will be moderately more expensive than a few of the ones out there, because of our use of high end rod ends, but in turn you get fine tuned adjustment, and massive suspension feedback. Let me know what you think!

(If there is actual interest I can let you know what company it is, but I don't want to start getting even more phone calls from people asking us to make parts for a market that we aren't going to sell in - it's a headache of mine)
Dobbins4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
There are a lot of Options out there for Cradle Bushings - Polyurethane, Delrin and Solid Aluminum. There are no issues with Poly for Cradle Bushings.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
At one time PFADT made a mono ball front lower control arm bearing it was kinda of expensive but was a very nice unit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pAFD...a0IfUHXONAN1M:
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
A kit to convert front from struts to wishbones/a-arms would be really interesting and unique. I see some of the racing versions of similar cars have had the conversions done.