Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
MSull16

Drives: '10 Camaro SS LS3
Good Brands for Brake Kits?

Hello, Im just looking for community input on good brake brands and ones to stay away from. Im going to be needing a new kit in a few months; just rotors, pads, etc. Calipers are fine. Thanks!

(2010 SS M6)
MSull16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We have our brake kit available at a great price . Here is a link to our package. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Best regards,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Been rolling on the R1 Concepts Premier drilled and slotted with Hawk ceramics for 15k miles. Love them. No noise since day 1 and almost nonexistent brake dust on my matte black wheels. Same setup on my Charger with the same results. ~$600 plus $90 for the Vengeance Racing SS brake lines. Ordered the kit from the R1 vendor here for a little cheaper than the site.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSull16 View Post
Hello, Im just looking for community input on good brake brands and ones to stay away from. Im going to be needing a new kit in a few months; just rotors, pads, etc. Calipers are fine. Thanks!

(2010 SS M6)
What is your intended use/goal with the brake kit? Track use? Street only? Car show appearance? Answers to these questions will help direct you to what you need or can get away with.

Last edited by Nick S; 09-29-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Nick S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Why is your intended use/goal with the brake kit? Track use? Street only? Car show appearance? Answers to these questions will help direct you to what you need or can get away with.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #6
MSull16

Drives: '10 Camaro SS LS3
Street, no track usage. My current stock ones are simply near the end of their life and I need new ones. I just want reliable and if any particular brands would help limit brake dust that would be nice. The calipers are fine, I was planning on just getting pads and rotors. I dont see the need for new lines as my car is only 52k miles, unless it would help.
MSull16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #7
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Powerstop brakes has a pad and rotor selection for what ever you need
Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #8
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSull16 View Post
Street, no track usage. My current stock ones are simply near the end of their life and I need new ones. I just want reliable and if any particular brands would help limit brake dust that would be nice. The calipers are fine, I was planning on just getting pads and rotors. I dont see the need for new lines as my car is only 52k miles, unless it would help.
OE Brembo pads.

Measure rotors, if still above min thickness and don't shake... don't replace. If below min... new OE rotors.

A lot of engineering went into those Brembos. Aftermarket ceramic pads that are "low dust" are garbage. For performance braking, you want high dust. Means they are working.

Brembos also have the roller skate anti vibe/squeal weights. I've known many people to waste money on aftermarket pads only to have poor braking performance and squealing like crazy.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
OE Brembo pads.

Measure rotors, if still above min thickness and don't shake... don't replace. If below min... new OE rotors.

A lot of engineering went into those Brembos. Aftermarket ceramic pads that are "low dust" are garbage. For performance braking, you want high dust. Means they are working.

Brembos also have the roller skate anti vibe/squeal weights. I've known many people to waste money on aftermarket pads only to have poor braking performance and squealing like crazy.
This right here.

Russell is a fountain of knowledge.

Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #10
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Stainless lines regardless of car age equals nice improvement in brake feel...also do a bleed from all 4 corners and if possible incorporate the clutch in the bleeding..get all new fluid...do it yourself save $$$....