Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-20-2016, 04:50 AM   #141
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Dude i feel bad for you i mean i get it's their build car but to not discuss and keep you in the loop is really sleezy, i'm not saying they're bad at all one of my fellow camaro club members was the LFX test car for them but this amount of not caring isn't helping them.
The whole kit is done they are just stuck on the tuning. Fabberge is having to do a lot of waiting too. They are waiting for trifecta, they are waiting for other tuning options they have looked into. I've talked to Brian and it's ready to roll except for a good canned tune to send with the kit. If they just give up then nobody will get to buy the LLT turbo kit(and a lot of people want one). It does suck for the owner of the car though, but that's part of being the guinee pig and getting free installation. Personally I wouldn't have volunteered for that but I do know how much it sucks to not have your car. My car has been down for almost 4 months now and it's killing me. I want to go drive it so bad!!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #142
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I, also, feel so bad for you. I had a build shop for years and I admit that there was a time or two that major delays were involved for one reason or another but as owner of my shop, I ALWAYS communicate with the customer, to keep him informed so he was aware of why the delay or the reasons for it. If the owner of a shop utilizes this strategy when dealing with customers, it is surprising how patient customers can be. Personally, there is NO excuse that they cannot communicate issues they may be experiencing with you on a regular basis. I do not understand it and it would certainly upset me, as well. I feel so very bad for you.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #143
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
The whole kit is done they are just stuck on the tuning. Fabberge is having to do a lot of waiting too. They are waiting for trifecta, they are waiting for other tuning options they have looked into. I've talked to Brian and it's ready to roll except for a good canned tune to send with the kit. If they just give up then nobody will get to buy the LLT turbo kit(and a lot of people want one). It does suck for the owner of the car though, but that's part of being the guinee pig and getting free installation. Personally I wouldn't have volunteered for that but I do know how much it sucks to not have your car. My car has been down for almost 4 months now and it's killing me. I want to go drive it so bad!!
Oh i get they're done with the hardware end of it. They've been working on the tuning for ages. I'm curious who else they are working with on tuning as far as i know it's just trifecta who are terrible at communication on the best days.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #144
GO BIG ORANGE

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6-Synergy Green
last I was told dec 8th and what I read on here, they still need to redesign the maf pipe and tune
GO BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #145
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
When my LLT was being built I had to wait almost 4 months for it to be done. And thats after I was told the R&D was done (which it wasn't and my car finished it if you would call it that). The tune for the LLT is so hard to do and resizing the MAF pipe is the easiest way around some of the tuning limitations. Also if they are waiting on Vince to tune the car your in for a wait. He doesn't like dealing with the LLT at all and prefers more mainstream ECU's. He makes more money on everything else so he doesn't care about how long one waits for a LLT FI tune.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #146
GO BIG ORANGE

Did vince do your tuning?
Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #147
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO BIG ORANGE View Post
Did vince do your tuning?
Yes, my car was one of the first and last FI LLT tunes he did lol. This was back in 2011-2013 when the FI LLT was rare.

So im guessing HPTuners didn't bring the LLT tuning out of beta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2016, 10:03 AM   #148
GO BIG ORANGE

There's got to be someone out there besides vince at trifecta that can tune this car. There are too many turbo llt Camaros out there for him to be the only one...
Old 01-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #149
GO BIG ORANGE

If you hear of anyone that can tune the llt, PLEASE post on here.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:07 AM   #150
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Send Arno @ IPF a case of German beer and he will changes the strategy part of the code to where it will supply the correct numbers for the fueling at high load, high RPM.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #151
GO BIG ORANGE

I have reached out to several vendors that sell trifecta tunes for Camaros to see if they have the contact number for trifecta. Havent heard back from any yet...
Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #152
GO BIG ORANGE

thx for the contact tip. Sent IPF an email just now...keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #153
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Both IPF and HPTuners are the only other real options. HPTuners could get this going they did the tuning on the LFX TT setup. Why they went with trifecta is another matter altogether.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #154
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

HPtuners can't get the LLT going. They are locked out of the tables that are needed for the fuel. And since the interest is so low they not going to keep trying. IPF is the only real source of hope the LLT has left. But there are some tuner shops out there with their own tricks that have tuned the LLT. But they aren't well known shops, other than Vengeance Racing here in Atlanta. But Ron and Mike have they hands full with million dollar Ventures these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk