Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
That's what we're trying to determine.

Injectors and entire fuel system is stock, no modifications. The way Trifecta tuning was able to get this fuel system to support the HP was with the redesign and enlargement of the MAF charge tube to 3 7/8" diameter. Stock MAF sensor. The Meth system is an Alky Meth Injection system with complete adjustability on the fly. 50% Meth and 50% water for supplemental injection.

Twin rear mounted turbos with front mounted intercooler.

Lets hope.
When will you guys take on the task?
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #16
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
We are really going to be testing HP Tuners on the LLT engine.

Looks like we are going to calibrate this fully customized 2010 Camaro with twin rear mount turbo system pushing 10 pounds of boost. Id say 95 percent of the normal tables are in HP Tuners. The owners says this show car has over $120K into it, so I wanted to make sure I have what I need to work with inside the HP Tuners software. I hope to push over that 550RWHP level

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 AM   #17
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:

Looks like we are going to calibrate this fully customized 2010 Camaro with twin rear mount turbo system pushing 10 pounds of boost. Id say 95 percent of the normal tables are in HP Tuners. The owners says this show car has over $120K into it, so I wanted to make sure I have what I need to work with inside the HP Tuners software. I hope to push over that 550RWHP level

This car popped up here about 2 years ago but owner isn't a member here. The shop that built the car has a FB page with it on it. The owner is a engineer and basically reworked the turbo kit and meth kit to support more than normal hp numbers. All the pipes under the car are thermal wrapped also. And he has shark teeth on the lower grill lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #18
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:

I think anyone who drives this will be exposed to gamma radiation...and will live in the mad max future.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Can they ( HP ) answer the simple question? When will the tune be off beta?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #20
ElecTech

Drives: 1997 GMC Jimmy - 4.3L TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Can they ( HP ) answer the simple question? When will the tune be off beta?
People really need to realize that HP Tuners is NOT developing a tune. They are only mapping the ECU contents and providing a utility to edit the contents. It is up to a shop or the individual owner to create their own calibration (tune).

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but it seems there are many who are not quite clear about what HP Tuners offers.
ElecTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #21
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
People really need to realize that HP Tuners is NOT developing a tune. They are only mapping the ECU contents and providing a utility to edit the contents. It is up to a shop or the individual owner to create their own calibration (tune).

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but it seems there are many who are not quite clear about what HP Tuners offers.
Let me refraise my question then, is there anyone out there that can properly use hp tuners to calibrate these engines?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #22
ElecTech

Drives: 1997 GMC Jimmy - 4.3L TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
Let me refraise my question then, is there anyone out there that can properly use hp tuners to calibrate these engines?
I think the best results I've read about have been from Redline down in Florida posted in this link below.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=31
ElecTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #23
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
I think the best results I've read about have been from Redline down in Florida posted in this link below.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=31
Redline basically said they don't have time for me, it takes to long to tune the car...
Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #24
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
2010 Camaro Twin Turbo V-6

Hi Guys, I am a member of this site although I don't spend much time on it due to my work load but Tracy of RX Products alerted me to the posting of my Camaro. I have built turbo vehicles all my life but I must be honest, the new technology of these cars are ever changing and I needed someone to guide me on this project and Tracy was the man. Several years ago when the 2010 Camaro's were introduced, Tracy began engineering a twin turbo kit for them and I became intrigued with his idea. I began engineering my own set up while collaborating with him, due to his expert knowledge of the 3.6 DI engines.

The basic difference between our designs is that Tracy mid mounted his turbos adjacent to the engine/transmission assembly and I decided to rear mount my turbos. Although there are other differences in the systems, they are minimal and the systems are fundamentally the same. Tracy's approach is a bit more efficient due to the fact that his turbos are closer to the engine and retains more exhaust energy and the charge plumbing is considerably shorter than mine. Because of the distance to the rear, I had to spend a lot more $ in exhaust insulation and charge plumbing and Tracy's approach was much more effective for kit applications than mine. My system is not an STS system but is the same basic approach they used, with many modifications and differences. Being that my Camaro was my daily driver, I was able to construct the system without any downtime to the car and thus, was able to drive it each and everyday, as the system installation progressed.

Tracy was instrumental in the success of my set up because he had much more knowledge about these 3.6 DI engines. One of the most important contributions Tracy made was in the area of Crankcase ventilation on the V-6 DI Camaro engines. His engineering approach to the inherent problem that exists in the DI engines, with respect to intake valve coking, was cured by his RX Catch Can design and modifications of the PCV system. THIS IS A MUST ON ALL 3.6 DI ENGINES!

Anyway, both of us developed our respective systems in parallel and both systems perform extremely well. Due to my age, 67, I was not interested in marketing and Tracy's development of his system was and that is one reason our systems are different. Nevertheless, they both work great and make monsters out the 3.6 DI engines. He has done many of these and his systems are great.

I have 25,000 miles on my twin turbo set up and no problems to date with the exception of a cat converter issue that had an internal breakaway. Other than that, no issues and car runs great. On another important note, Vince of Trifecta had done the initial tune and I am still using his tune. He did a great job, especially considering the early learning curve on these LLT ECU's. Only a couple glitches here and there but I was very happy with what Vince did for me.

As time has passed, I kept in contact with Tracy for more accurate tuning capabilities, as tuners learned more about cracking the tables. Tracy contacted me several months ago and had referred me to Tampa Tuning for a more precise tune of the engine, so I contacted Phil and we talked about my project. Because I am a perfectionist, I have waited until now, to pursue another tune until I was more confident about a tuner. Since Tracy has worked with most all of them over the years, I decided that his recommendation of Tampa Tuners be the one I would have tune this car.

I am getting all my ducks in a row to get this done. I am going over to Tampa to personally meet the guys at Tampa Tuning to discuss the project and familiarize myself with their approach and let them evaluate the vehicle and all the modifications that have been done. I am excited about this because I have heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks, Tracy, for the heads up and we will see how this all concludes in the end. I will keep all informed.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:18 AM   #25
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Hi Guys, I am a member of this site although I don't spend much time on it due to my work load but Tracy of RX Products alerted me to the posting of my Camaro. I have built turbo vehicles all my life but I must be honest, the new technology of these cars are ever changing and I needed someone to guide me on this project and Tracy was the man. Several years ago when the 2010 Camaro's were introduced, Tracy began engineering a twin turbo kit for them and I became intrigued with his idea. I began engineering my own set up while collaborating with him, due to his expert knowledge of the 3.6 DI engines.

The basic difference between our designs is that Tracy mid mounted his turbos adjacent to the engine/transmission assembly and I decided to rear mount my turbos. Although there are other differences in the systems, they are minimal and the systems are fundamentally the same. Tracy's approach is a bit more efficient due to the fact that his turbos are closer to the engine and retains more exhaust energy and the charge plumbing is considerably shorter than mine. Because of the distance to the rear, I had to spend a lot more $ in exhaust insulation and charge plumbing and Tracy's approach was much more effective for kit applications than mine. My system is not an STS system but is the same basic approach they used, with many modifications and differences. Being that my Camaro was my daily driver, I was able to construct the system without any downtime to the car and thus, was able to drive it each and everyday, as the system installation progressed.

Tracy was instrumental in the success of my set up because he had much more knowledge about these 3.6 DI engines. One of the most important contributions Tracy made was in the area of Crankcase ventilation on the V-6 DI Camaro engines. His engineering approach to the inherent problem that exists in the DI engines, with respect to intake valve coking, was cured by his RX Catch Can design and modifications of the PCV system. THIS IS A MUST ON ALL 3.6 DI ENGINES!

Anyway, both of us developed our respective systems in parallel and both systems perform extremely well. Due to my age, 67, I was not interested in marketing and Tracy's development of his system was and that is one reason our systems are different. Nevertheless, they both work great and make monsters out the 3.6 DI engines. He has done many of these and his systems are great.

I have 25,000 miles on my twin turbo set up and no problems to date with the exception of a cat converter issue that had an internal breakaway. Other than that, no issues and car runs great. On another important note, Vince of Trifecta had done the initial tune and I am still using his tune. He did a great job, especially considering the early learning curve on these LLT ECU's. Only a couple glitches here and there but I was very happy with what Vince did for me.

As time has passed, I kept in contact with Tracy for more accurate tuning capabilities, as tuners learned more about cracking the tables. Tracy contacted me several months ago and had referred me to Tampa Tuning for a more precise tune of the engine, so I contacted Phil and we talked about my project. Because I am a perfectionist, I have waited until now, to pursue another tune until I was more confident about a tuner. Since Tracy has worked with most all of them over the years, I decided that his recommendation of Tampa Tuners be the one I would have tune this car.

I am getting all my ducks in a row to get this done. I am going over to Tampa to personally meet the guys at Tampa Tuning to discuss the project and familiarize myself with their approach and let them evaluate the vehicle and all the modifications that have been done. I am excited about this because I have heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks, Tracy, for the heads up and we will see how this all concludes in the end. I will keep all informed.
Did Tracy Lewis at RX tell you he got banned from this forum? Be careful who you trust, especially if you are a perfectionist.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #26
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
The BS got thick in this thread.

I am tuning my IPF Supercharged LLT with HP Tuners Pro Suite with dual wideband's and MAP sensor. There are a few tables missing that would help out great for tuning knock out but they are not available yet. Currently running 13 psi of boost with methanol injection, 10 is the most I would run without meth unless you do a lower CR.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #27
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post

I am tuning my IPF Supercharged LLT with HP Tuners Pro Suite with dual wideband's and MAP sensor. There are a few tables missing that would help out great for tuning knock out but they are not available yet. Currently running 13 psi of boost with methanol injection, 10 is the most I would run without meth unless you do a lower CR.
thank you this is what I wanted to know! Can you please keep me updated on how your progress is going. I'm waiting to tune my car but I'm just waiting for it to be the best it could be so I don't waste time.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #28
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post

LOL I'm waiting for the infomercial to come out. Congrats on your success so far. All I feel I'm lacking is a solid tune.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote