Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
cmoz28

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3
Tire Sensors

so i changed my stock rs chrome rims to factory rs midnight silver rims w/ tire sensors and my tire monitor still cannot see the new sensors. Is there a way to learn them or do i have take a trip to the dealer?
cmoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoz28 View Post
so i changed my stock rs chrome rims to factory rs midnight silver rims w/ tire sensors and my tire monitor still cannot see the new sensors. Is there a way to learn them or do i have take a trip to the dealer?
Page 9-60 of your owners manual.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
cmoz28

9-60 is conversions and add on ons. i put oem rims and oem tire sensors on my car. im sure it is covered.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Rob3D

Quote:
9-60 is conversions and add on ons. i put oem rims and oem tire sensors on my car. im sure it is covered.
Did you try re-matching them?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
cmoz28

no because the rims i bought came off a 2011 camaro so i figured it must have the same sensors. i wasnt going to pay to have a tire place take the tires off the rims and swap them.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Rob3D

Quote:
no because the rims i bought came off a 2011 camaro so i figured it must have the same sensors. i wasnt going to pay to have a tire place take the tires off the rims and swap them.

so if the sensors are the same type, but different to the car then you have to match them per the manual. Just because it's the same type of sensor doesn't mean the car will automatically read them.. They have to be matched.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
rahallfly

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170203

Hope this helps

SHAKE ANNNNNNND BAKE!!!!!
rahallfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Each sensor has a 'serial number' associated with it, and the car needs to know which 'serial number' is on which corner of the car.

Even if you keep the same set on the car and just rotate the tires, the car needs to be re-told where each sensor is now.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Dealership will need to reprogram sensors
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Just buy one of these:

http://tpmstools.ca/products/tpms-pe...-use/ateq-vt15

I have one and use it on my truck when I swap from summers to winters and back. Can be used on ANY vehicle that has the TPMS sensors to reset them. Lots of my friends have come over to use it. Very simple to use and worth every penny IMO.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Yup... this here. I have done it a number of times (with tire rotations AND with a different set of rims), and it's a piece of cake. For me it was easier than driving 35 miles to the dealer...

1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.
3. Go to the TPM vehicle information screen on the DIC. See Driver Information Center (DIC) on page 4-27. Press set to relearn the sensors. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.
4. Start with the driver side front tire.
5. Remove the valve cap from
the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the TPMS sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.
6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
9. After hearing the confirming horn chirp, for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote