Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 PM   #15
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I was referring to the OP but he didn't respond on FB either so I appreciate your input.

I will admit that the only alternate E85 I have used is the FTW brand. And yes, it bumped content to 95+% and it didn't make any more power than pump. But it seems that I didn't lean on it hard enough. My target AFR in lamda is .89. I am curious about C85 though. I have some customers asking me about it but I don't talk or speculate about things I don't know about. The deal with target AFR/Lamda/EQ is how you have you WB configured. I leave mine configured for AFR and use that regardless of the fuel. (I can see Ted Jannetty (sp) rolling his eyes right now.) But it works for me so I stick with what works.

This thread does need to stay alive cause the guys using nitrous are flying but it still really hasn't caught on around here.

Oh yeah. I noticed the same with the FTW. It did not give much more power over pump E85. But in all honesty I have struggled in my area to find constant 85% ethanol. But I must say that C85 is LEGIT. It is hard to test with a tube ethanol tester as it reads 100%. But your ethanol sensor will pick it up. It is also an oxygenated fuel. But i also have to admit that I have only had my car on the dyno ONCE so my methods are looking for torque output, knock, and lambda readings.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Beasley91, when you say that you ran a 200 shot with E85 on the stock LT1 fuel system, do you mean that you hooked the fuel solenoid to the stock fuel rail?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #17
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Oh yeah. I noticed the same with the FTW. It did not give much more power over pump E85. But in all honesty I have struggled in my area to find constant 85% ethanol. But I must say that C85 is LEGIT. It is hard to test with a tube ethanol tester as it reads 100%. But your ethanol sensor will pick it up. It is also an oxygenated fuel. But i also have to admit that I have only had my car on the dyno ONCE so my methods are looking for torque output, knock, and lambda readings.
Got ya. I may have to try to get my hands on some. I here the Renegade E is also legit. Anything on that?
Old 12-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #18
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Beasley91, when you say that you ran a 200 shot with E85 on the stock LT1 fuel system, do you mean that you hooked the fuel solenoid to the stock fuel rail?
I hope he answers. I posted a ton of questions on his FB post and as far as I know I got no responses. If I can find my post on FB I will copy and paste it here.

I can only assume that the nitrous is solely fed off of the Low side or Low pressure pump in the tank. So that will have to be up to snuff. Which actually makes nitrous much more appealing considering you don't have to rely on the injectors or the injector ms limit and the high pressure pump. I would assume that you would need a ZL1 in tank pump and most likely an auxiliary pump to feed the bottle needs. The other cool thing and possibly the best part of it is that you are creating a quasi port injection system by running a plate or port system. Fuel is now actually passing through the head runners.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #19
wnta1ss

On the E85 inconsistency issue, up here in New England it's hard to find pumps at all. One station was reading 73% and another was 58%, these readings are from my flex sensor. Got some at a pump in FL when on vacation and it read at 73%. Did try some Ignite85, hoping to get some true E85 as it's advertised, but even that was only reading 78% for me. These numbers are after running it and putting some more in too, not the initial diluted reading you see when you still have some gasoline in the tank.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #20
PRAY

Quote:
On the E85 inconsistency issue, up here in New England it's hard to find pumps at all. One station was reading 73% and another was 58%, these readings are from my flex sensor. Got some at a pump in FL when on vacation and it read at 73%. Did try some Ignite85, hoping to get some true E85 as it's advertised, but even that was only reading 78% for me.
We average 73%-80% here. If I get some crap I will splash it with some good stuff.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #21
wnta1ss

Quote:
I hope he answers. I posted a ton of questions on his FB post and as far as I know I got no responses. If I can find my post on FB I will copy and paste it here.

I can only assume that the nitrous is solely fed off of the Low side or Low pressure pump in the tank. So that will have to be up to snuff. Which actually makes nitrous much more appealing considering you don't have to rely on the injectors or the injector ms limit and the high pressure pump. I would assume that you would need a ZL1 in tank pump and most likely an auxiliary pump to feed the bottle needs. The other cool thing and possibly the best part of it is that you are creating a quasi port injection system by running a plate or port system. Fuel is now actually passing through the head runners.
The NX kit per the instructions is supposed to tap off the factory fuel system. However they tell you to upgrade the fuel pump if you are going to use over a 100 shot, and I'll assume they are thinking about gasoline. That means he was using a 250+ shot by their standards (fuel demand) since he was using E85. That is why I'd like some clarity on his 'stock fuel system' thing, because it's far above NX's recommendation.

I agree there's some appeal to the 'port injection' effect of the plate system. Having seen what the ports look like on this motor with some miles on it, a little cleaning effect would be nice.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #22
jw0287

Drives: 2016 1SS NPP Black on Black
Interested in the information as well.
jw0287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #23
Turbo_RORO

Quote:

I use the NX kit that taps off of the low side pump. I like that you can use the nitrous solenoid to feed fuel it can lower the MS it becomes more of a tuning tool when running different levels of ethanol. NX makes a plate that can support two fuel and two nitrous ports. I toyed around with the idea of using it solely for port injection (still may) with the MS3.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #24
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
On the E85 inconsistency issue, up here in New England it's hard to find pumps at all. One station was reading 73% and another was 58%, these readings are from my flex sensor. Got some at a pump in FL when on vacation and it read at 73%. Did try some Ignite85, hoping to get some true E85 as it's advertised, but even that was only reading 78% for me. These numbers are after running it and putting some more in too, not the initial diluted reading you see when you still have some gasoline in the tank.
What are you using to test? I suggest for guys looking to buy 5 gallon pales of Ethanol fuel go with 98 or 100% so that way you don't have to drain the fuel system and you still end up with more than 85% ethanol.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #25
Joel2702zzz

Drives: My Dad's car is a '16 1SS 6MT
You spun a stock LT1 to 7300, wow!
Joel2702zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #26
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
can we keep this thread going? im really interested in going nitrous, possibly, I just would like to hear from more people that are doing it. I would like to know more or less the setup people are using with the car on E using flex fuel.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #27
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
I think 200 shot is probably fine. Procharged/Magnuson etc supercharged cars are in the mid to high 500's for whp. 200 shot should put you around 600whp~. Nitrous has no parasitic loss on the engine, so you should get more power on the same fuel system. In my experience with superchargers on much smaller engines you really need quite a bit more injector/pump for a supercharged engine. Not just from the extra power lost, but from the need for a conservative tune. Superchargers, aside from the procharger I or whatever it is, have no fail safes compared to turbos.

And with timing it makes sense. Nitrous in the cylinder pre combustion is so dramatically colder than any forced induction or even atmosphere. Combined with direct injection and high compression, should work like a dream. And clearly it does. Definitely seems to be the best bang for buck on this platform by a long shot.

7300rpm on the other hand, that's truely wild. If you can get an 8 speed to shift at that rpm, hot damn that car would move out.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #28
billyspeed
BILLYSPEED

Drives: 2016 black camaro SS
Following
2016 camaro SS sold
billyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote