Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Black Hole

Drives: 2017 2SS Redline
New M and H 20” Drag Radials and Drag Launch

I swapped out the factory rubber on my 2017 2SS 8A Redline for some 285/35/20 Toyo r888r tires in an attempt to get more grip off the line. I picked up .2 0-60 (based on the dash timer) with tc on and flooring it from a dead stop. With tc off the car still has to be babied out of the hole for the best 0-60 so I have been considering drag radials for the factory wheels. I went with the Toyos due to the size being close the stock but have read that 305/35s will fit. I just ran across M&H drag radials in a new size, 305/35, and was wondering if anyone had experience with these, and how they stack up against the Nitto nt555r and the MT Et Street in the same size.

I’m looking for a tire that will hook at the track but also in the street on a launch. I don’t have to worry about cold temperatures or snow; we always drive cautiously in the rain no matter the tire.

Appreciate any insight.
Black Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I run NT 20" 555Rs full time. Not too bad in the rain. Not the best tire for the drags, but I have gotten some low 1.7s 60's on them. Not on my current M6 SS though.

They also wear pretty well for a drag radial tire.