Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #71

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Well, IMO, it's just to the point that even the Mopar guys think it will be pricey.
There really should not be any surprise when it comes to price with the Mopars. In the late 60's and early 70's the Mopars were more expensive than what GM and Ford brought to the table.

Fast forward to now and the same trend is going on - the Challenger is more expensive than the Camaro and Mustang.

The Mopar guys do not think it will be expensive, they know it will.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #72
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I'll say this, without the 580hp ZL1 you wouldn't have a 670?hp GT500, but then again you wouldn't have gotten the ZL1 without the 550hp GT500.

So the Dodge guys get to thank the GT500 and ZL1 for this new monster being unleashed.

What I'm saying is fast cars beget fast cars. Competition is strong amongst the big three right now and we all are the winners. It's like 1969 all over again, including the part about the libs in Washington doing every thing in the power to curb this horsepower battle in a few years with more CAFE restrictions. So enjoy it while it lasts, I know I am.

And as far as whether the Hellcat will beat a ZL1 at the drag strip. Who cares? I'll run that race for fun just so we can get some cool video up here.
Two steak houses side by side are packed every night. One on it's own barely pays the bills. It's a fact that competition makes everything improve. I noticed that someone above had an IROC-Z. My buddy got one in 1985 upon graduation from high school, and we thought it was the s--t. Looking at it now, 274 HP, 0-60 in 5.7, and a quarter somewhere about 14.5 is what you get from a honda civic today.
Keep up the competition, and keep it strong!
I have looked at buying an Aventador in the past, very, very fast. But I want something I can ACTUALLY drive, and put miles on, and not have horrible upkeep bills. I can buy 4 ZL1's for the price of 1 of those.
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #73
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
^^^
Rex, before I bought my ZL1 I considered a Ferrari 430. The release of the Ferrari 458 helped that as owners sell off their existing 430's for the new car. Like you stated, I just couldn't see myself using it as a daily driver, and dealing with the maintenance. The urge is still there to get one!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #74
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
Didn't your family give you hell last time you came home with a ZL1 lol

YEAH! LOLOLOL! YA all remember! hahahah heres a pic. Matches the two SRTs

qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote