Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #225
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
Yes installing myself not too hard, the guide holes are a tad off so I had to make them bigger, I have some miss alignment by the blinkers, not flush, and the top of the bumper holes are off , so had to drill new ones. Over all it looks good, just need to mount the led when I get more mesh.. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430852121583.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  130.4 KB
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #226
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
Yes installing myself not too hard, the guide holes are a tad off so I had to make them bigger, I have some miss alignment by the blinkers, not flush, and the top of the bumper holes are off , so had to drill new ones. Over all it looks good, just need to mount the led when I get more mesh.. Attachment 714045
Looks good!!

My excitement for mine quickly turned to anger. The shop I dropped mine off with on March 10th called me last Thursday (April 30). I was told I needed to come pick up the bumper, that it was trash and would never work. When I got to the shop those morons were attempting to install the factory grille with the shipping support straps still in place. The paint was now cracked due to them not properly molding the bumper back into shape, which they stated they had prior experience with urethane. The paint was peeling straight off of the bumper, no prep work at all!! The owner of the shop kept telling me the bumper couldn't be salvaged and they couldn't manage to get the urethane to straighten out no matter how much heat they applied to it. My buddy and I took the bumper back to my apt and in 1 hour of using a hair dryer and dremmel tool had the bumper looking great. We are planning on removing the worthless paint job this weekend and doing our own test fit for further modification, then painting it ourselves and installing. I wish I would have just diy'ed this project from the beginning. I did get all of my money back from the shop after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm trying to put together a pretty good DIY thread for this to help anyone else out in the future.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #227
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
Yes installing myself not too hard, the guide holes are a tad off so I had to make them bigger, I have some miss alignment by the blinkers, not flush, and the top of the bumper holes are off , so had to drill new ones. Over all it looks good, just need to mount the led when I get more mesh.. Attachment 714045
That looks great! Wow I love the way it looks with the grille. Mine is supposedly going to be done Wednesday or Thursday. Been working non stop but hoping to check in with them tomorrow.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #228
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
Looks good!!

My excitement for mine quickly turned to anger. The shop I dropped mine off with on March 10th called me last Thursday (April 30). I was told I needed to come pick up the bumper, that it was trash and would never work. When I got to the shop those morons were attempting to install the factory grille with the shipping support straps still in place. The paint was now cracked due to them not properly molding the bumper back into shape, which they stated they had prior experience with urethane. The paint was peeling straight off of the bumper, no prep work at all!! The owner of the shop kept telling me the bumper couldn't be salvaged and they couldn't manage to get the urethane to straighten out no matter how much heat they applied to it. My buddy and I took the bumper back to my apt and in 1 hour of using a hair dryer and dremmel tool had the bumper looking great. We are planning on removing the worthless paint job this weekend and doing our own test fit for further modification, then painting it ourselves and installing. I wish I would have just diy'ed this project from the beginning. I did get all of my money back from the shop after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm trying to put together a pretty good DIY thread for this to help anyone else out in the future.
Man that sucks, sorry to hear of your troubles.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #229
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Yeah in prefer trying myself first, there some areas that need work but I'll have a shop fix it, but they aren't noticeable. But yeah I love the look. Just such to put my grill on it cuz it had too much play
Old 05-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #230
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430857888747.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  130.5 KB

Just need a little work but looks good
Old 05-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #231
Blckscrpn

Drives: 2012 LT
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Uhoh5oh. I hope that all works out. Reggiocamaro it looks really good!
Blckscrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #232
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #233
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
I wish I would have just diy'ed this project from the beginning. I did get all of my money back from the shop after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'm trying to put together a pretty good DIY thread for this to help anyone else out in the future.
Sorry to hear that ... hopefully you can get it sorted out. And yes please do up a DIY if you can - I'll definitely be using it when I plan to install in a few weeks.
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #234
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Main issues I had was removing the guides and reinstalling, I use bolts to hold them on, had to drill the holes bigger. To slide on easier. U need to cut holes to insert your park lights. Besides that, it's pretty simple. Love how it looks Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430936206549.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  160.8 KB
Old 05-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #235
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Didn't mean to add 2Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430936371532.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  146.2 KB
Old 05-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #236
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
First off, your car is awesome dude, my last Camaro was yellow and yours is bad-ass. But, the fit, whether it be the bumper or your body shop, doesn't look like it fits for sh*t. The spots by the side markers don't flow, and it looks like it's sagging in the lower grill section (still see pieces of the bracing). Again, no disrespect to you or your ride but that would drive me crazy.

Love that grill, wish they made those for the '14+
Old 05-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #237
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
First off, your car is awesome dude, my last Camaro was yellow and yours is bad-ass. But, the fit, whether it be the bumper or your body shop, doesn't look like it fits for sh*t. The spots by the side markers don't flow, and it looks like it's sagging in the lower grill section (still see pieces of the bracing). Again, no disrespect to you or your ride but that would drive me crazy.

The grill isn't plastic, it's a metal. So it has some weight on it. Next week I have a shop that's gonna reenforce it so it doesn't sag.. that's what's making it so that. They also gonna light it up better. The market area didn't match up too well and was a bitch.. so when the shop fix it, it will look clean. The shop only gonna change 100 for those 2 fixes
Old 05-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #238
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post

If you're talking about the part I circled, that's how the bumper comes molded.
Attached Images

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote