Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
NEW THROTTLE MAP from GM petition to buy!

Hey all, this needs to be done!
So many SS owners are unhappy with the mushy throttle map across ALL the drive modes. So many have commented on how the car is fast but doesn't feel like it-mushy throttle lag! So many have talked about installing an aftermarket TC device just to mask it. If GM can just release an optional software update with a 1:1 throttle map-we would all buy it! It would be an instant sale from every SS owner out there! I came from driving a stock L99 Gen5 into a 2016 2ss M6, and I actually miss the old throttle map!

What do we need to start this request/petition? Vendors have frequently developed products based on discussions in this forum. Lets give GM an incentive to do the same-easy sales!

There has got to be a GM engineer somewhere who knows EXACTELY how to change the stock map to make this happen! We need to let them know there is a need, and we will buy it!!! We don't need radical tunes-just a better throttle map! How do we make this happen? Please chime in and take over if you have the resources and knowledge to build this into an official request for GM !!!!

I'm in, who else is?
MR-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
This will never happen.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Low 12's stock? Guess I never was bothered by the acceleration feel of the car. Love it even better with the tune.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #4
MR-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
This will never happen.

Tim
Why wouldn't it just become part of the GM Performance parts products?
Old 05-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
This will never happen.

Tim
They are not gonna offer this AND give you warranty.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
No it will never happen with GM!! It never has and probably never will. Seek the aftermarket tuning and call it done.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #7
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
So many SS owners are unhappy with the mushy throttle map across ALL the drive modes. So many have commented on how the car is fast but doesn't feel like it-mushy throttle lag! So many have talked about installing an aftermarket TC device just to mask it. If GM can just release an optional software update with a 1:1 throttle map-we would all buy it! It would be an instant sale from every SS owner out there! I came from driving a stock L99 Gen5 into a 2016 2ss M6, and I actually miss the old throttle map!

What do we need to start this request/petition? Vendors have frequently developed products based on discussions in this forum. Lets give GM an incentive to do the same-easy sales!

There has got to be a GM engineer somewhere who knows EXACTELY how to change the stock map to make this happen! We need to let them know there is a need, and we will buy it!!! We don't need radical tunes-just a better throttle map! How do we make this happen? Please chime in and take over if you have the resources and knowledge to build this into an official request for GM !!!!

I'm in, who else is?
I wouldn't buy it...i like that I don't have a touchy throttle. Keeps the tires healthier! Lol.

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #8
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
RS owner here and already have a JMS TC. I can tell you I would buy it if offered to the V6's.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #9
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
I'd definitely be a customer IF it came out. But chances are slim to none...probably none
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #10
MATTHEWLONG

Drives: 2017 CAMARO 2SS
Ford racing did a tune on my 2014 Mustang GT and you got to keep the warranty.
MATTHEWLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
So many SS owners are unhappy with the mushy throttle map across ALL the drive modes. So many have commented on how the car is fast but doesn't feel like it-mushy throttle lag!
Try to take a wider view here. There are more situations where a too-aggressive throttle tip-in is NOT your friend than where it is. Not all throttle situations need (or even want) the sort of throttle response you'd want for response to street challenges or tire-spinning showing off in general.

I get that snappy pedal response could work well in some situations, but at the very least it should not be the default 'normal' setting, nor should it be the same for all modes. Keep in mind the wide range of driver skill - and self-control. For example, would you want to be standing on the curb anywhere near the exit of a Cars & Coffee meet and the next hot-responding Camaro out was being driven by a guy who totalled a Mustang the week before under similar circumstances? I'm only half joking here.

A separate mode might be the place to put it, perhaps as a new mode rather than 'Sport' or 'Track'. There is certainly such a thing as a too-responsive throttle out on a road course (especially in the wet). Giving up the easy ability to adjust your line in the wet with gentle throttle adjustments would clearly be a performance loss.

Norm
Old 05-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #12
Interceptor9c1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Be nice at least if Race mode was 1:1.

I miss cable throttle
Interceptor9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #13
MR-02

Well I understand what you are saying but it could just be a reprogramed mode under sport. Driver selected if desired just like the competition mode stabilitrak etc. I really think GM just gave us the Cadillac soft throttle seeing as how so many things are shared. It really should be more aggressive. Basically ford did it-I think GM can do it. We need to show our interest. Aftermarket tuning is best after warranty expires.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
Srt-cuatro

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I would buy it. My previous car was a 2010 WRX STI with drive-by-wire, and it didn't have any delay when the fastest throttle map (S#) was used.
Srt-cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote