#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #15
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
You might be making a bigger deal out of this than there really is, maybe. But if you can view an incident like this and rationalize it as a micocosm of the USA, representing the norm and as a harbinger of irrevocable doom, then whatever country you move to has little chance of satisfying you.
I understand what you're saying,I just made my comment on this particular incident so I didn't violate any forum rules.There are many more things going on in our country(if you can still say that)that are very disconcerting to me as is with many millions of Americans.Trust me when I say that I know America is an awesome country in many ways,I've served in the military and other govt.agencies in my time,but I don't like what's happening at all right now and really don't see any political party willing to do the right thing for America or Americans!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #16
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
I am a young person my self. Own a Camaro and a motorcycle.. i respect cops and what they do, and it really did make me mad to see how our or my generation if not a maybe a few years older treats the L.E.O's of today.. It's sad , at one point when the mustang is slow taking off i believe the cop got the license plate, but i do believe all those guys should of got arrested and had riot controll called on for obstruction of justice and i thought at one point a mob was going to break out. =/ Really sad, to see for officers.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #17
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
This is just sad. no respect for the law or themselves.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Appalling!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
Really hoping the cop got his plate.
There's a good possibility the car is stolen, or, plates removed.

Evidently, nobody on here was ever involved in the street racing scene back in the day. You're already involved in something highly illegal. If caught you face stiff penalties, lost license, impounded car, and possible jail time.

Shocking the people are running ...

... as for the others, mob mentality, psychology 101. One on one with an officer maybe 2 in the crowd would get this belligerent.

Not sayin' it's cool, just sayin' it's happened for years.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #20
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Crazy
Old 10-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #22
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
There's a good possibility the car is stolen, or, plates removed.

Evidently, nobody on here was ever involved in the street racing scene back in the day. You're already involved in something highly illegal. If caught you face stiff penalties, lost license, impounded car, and possible jail time.

Shocking the people are running ...

... as for the others, mob mentality, psychology 101. One on one with an officer maybe 2 in the crowd would get this belligerent.

Not sayin' it's cool, just sayin' it's happened for years.

Nope, always on track / sanctioned event. Even when I was 16. Why risk issues when you can do it legal for $10. Though I was lucky enough to live within 20 minutes of a drag strip that was open 4 days a week.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #23
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
And America continues spiral down no respect for authority. I'm 49 and stuff like this just scares me what is happening to our society? What will things be like 25 or 50 years from now?
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #24
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
And America continues spiral down no respect for authority. I'm 49 and stuff like this just scares me what is happening to our society? What will things be like 25 or 50 years from now?
Since these assholes are abusing the right for them to hang out my guess would be less freedom which means it ruins it for the rest of us.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #25
DDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Nope, always on track / sanctioned event. Even when I was 16. Why risk issues when you can do it legal for $10. Though I was lucky enough to live within 20 minutes of a drag strip that was open 4 days a week.
Good to hear you were way more responsible than me at 16. I'm better now. It took a big wreck (I was not involved, wasn't even there) when a car pulled out from a side street (side streets would get blocked so this wouldn't happen, that's what the police were mad about, so it wasn't being done) a mustang with no lights on t-boned the car (driver of said mustang was an off duty detroit officer) and the two people in the car were killed. You won't find any article or info. about this incident, kept very quiet. A friend of mine had his video camera confiscated for "evidence" and never got it back - it vanished.

There was a huge uproar and multiple news stories a week later when a crotch rocket slammed into a nearly parked car at a very high rate of speed (was not actually street racing, just driving very fast.) No mention of the mustang incident, but they were able to conjure up grainy images of cars street racing. I wasn't even sure if it was footage in detroit.

It made me rethink how I spent my very early Sat. and Sun. mornings. Closest drag strip was over an hour away - certainly not a good excuse, but my buddies and I were just a couple cars among a few hundred doing the same thing.

I have no idea if this still goes on. I don't hear anything about it though.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #26
DDoug

Quote:
What's funny is archaeologists have found evidence of communication between people who built the pyramids complaining about the "younger generation" and "where are we going to be in years to come" and "these are our future?"

Well, we see what happened there, lol.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
I agree with you. I am 17 and so many of my peers act like this...

I am just waiting for darwinism to take effect, so that smart ones are the ones that reproduce.

I promise we aren't all that stupid
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The police will have the last laugh with this
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote