Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #141
SlowTurtle

Drives: camaro turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I don't understand why they're focusing on the super small niche market of the turbo build with no room for intercooler crowd when they could have the large market NA crowd set up already.
Because it didn't make power
Old 12-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #142
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Your point seems valid, until you consider that this is NRE. They are not a major or even a minor performance parts manufacturer. Not likely that NRE will ever manufacturer 1,000 of these intakes and put them out into the mainstream aftermarket parts distribution channel. I think they are doing the TT IC setup just because that is what they are into primarily. More likely they do small production runs of like 25 units and hoard them in-house for their big pockets customer builds. These IMs may never be available to anyone other than a NRE customer doing an uber build?

Yes, NRE is da bomb. They aren't f*ing around. And while everyone here is so excited about the N.A. peak HP numbers, I think that they are a yawn compared to the huge azz TQ gains.
This is why I hate reading this thread! What's the point? If nothing is going to be produced that an average Camaro owner can buy. These threads give high hopes of a great new intake that will outperform the Fast Intake.
Everyone supposedly has 1 right around the corner! Hogwash!
I wished they would either build 1 that does what it says and that will be able to be bought by the masses, or don't tease us with the hopes of one.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #143
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Hey guys I know waiting for stuff to come out is hard, but just be patient.
No reason to get mad at the thread
They just want to make it as perfect as they can get it to be and it takes countless of hours to test and develop these things.

Once it done and ready I think they will be ordering a bunch of them to sell to all.

So grab some and just chill hahahaha. As soon as I get this thing and test the shit out of it I will let you guys know how it is, and trust me I cant wait either but just have to be patient

Unless you are looking to buy a IM soon everyone else should have no problem waiting
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #144
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post
Idk why everyone is trying to call bs on this intake.. The dyno graph clearly states 500 peak hp. With stock exhaust manifolds, cats and resonators that's freaking amazing.

For those who question NRE, research that car they unveiled at SEMA.. The car makes 2000hp with their custom 'alien' intake and 'mirror' turbos. Makes UGR look like a bitch compared to what they custom fabricate.

They have a similar setup (632 bbc pushing out 1600 hp on pump gas) that dishes out so much torque, so quick it broke their engine dyno.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5y5m8wB0mY
There's a BIG difference between making a intake that will flow 2k HP on a dyno and run down the 1/4 mile track vs one that will work for the guy road tracking his car or using it as a daily driver. It's very cool but unless they solve the heat issues, it's a bust for the ones I mentioned. If they don't care about that crowd, then so be it. It's their business and they can do as they please. It does make you wonder why they started with the one that EVERYONE wanted, only to shelve it and go with this frankenstien version.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #145
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
What good comes from putting a IC core in the intake manifold?
Lpe did it and we tested it......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=283673&page=7

the Ford Gt that broke the texas mile record uses an intercooler intake and now GM is using an intercooler intake in the NEW CTSV SPORT TT.

and 1 more(OLDEST) IS Cummins 855 CID diesel used an intercooler intake that they call an "AFTERCOOLER"

http://wancum.en.alibaba.com/product...s_3626715.html
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #146
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Lpe did it and we tested it......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=283673&page=7

the Ford Gt that broke the texas mile record uses an intercooler intake and now GM is using an intercooler intake in the NEW CTSV SPORT TT.

and 1 more(OLDEST) IS Cummins 855 CID diesel used an intercooler intake that they call an "AFTERCOOLER"

http://wancum.en.alibaba.com/product...s_3626715.html

As far as everyone else speculating about the N/A guys getting left out to dry and this only being for the rich customers of NRE I would say just chill out and hang in there. Why would they contact the G5.R build if they didn't have plans for an N/A version that had respectable gains?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #147
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
As far as everyone else speculating about the N/A guys getting left out to dry and this only being for the rich customers of NRE I would say just chill out and hang in there. Why would they contact the G5.R build if they didn't have plans for an N/A version that had respectable gains?
This is not the company that was supplying an intake to Nathan's build. Thats Vararam.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #148
LSXaddict

Quote:
This is not the company that was supplying an intake to Nathan's build. Thats Vararam.
Well then... this is awkward. Are they co devolping it or?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #149
Synner

Drives: cars
Completely different units, R&D, and companies. Visually there will be some similarities because there's only so many ways to skin a cat.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #150
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
They are still making it for the NA guys, they are working on the IC version because they have a customers car which is going turbo and will be using that intake. So yes they will still be doing the NA version aswell.

Heat soak shouldnt be a problem on that intake, They said while the engine is on it stays cool to the touch, and stays cool with each pull. only when they turn the car off is when it soaks up some heat. Dont quote me exactly on that but thats what I think I remember
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #151
LSXaddict

Quote:
Completely different units, R&D, and companies. Visually there will be some similarities because there's only so many ways to skin a cat.
Well hopefully while they're making this they can figure out an OTR intake for my 13. I know New Era has one but Vararam has been around along time for Vettes and I trust the name a bit more (nothing against New Era I just am not as familar with them).
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 AM   #152
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmRZuM0JQM

Xram explained in great detail by Nelson himself, comparing stock numbers vs Xram cfm numbers in real time.. With much much more.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #153
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
Even hints at the inferiority of fast manifolds.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 AM   #154
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm sorry but 30 minutes of blah blah blah blah vs FAST intake which has shown their gains on a bone stock LS3 engine...I'll go with the FAST intake. Because all the talking and explaining in the world means nothing if this intake manifold costs $1500 and makes no gains. Like my father once said, an empty wagon makes a lot of noise. If they can sit here making videos with all these grand explanations and flow tests and X cfm and so on, then they can strap it to a stock LS3 and show us some real proof of what it does in an A to B comparison. Since they haven't yet, I'm assuming its just a bunch of talk.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote