Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Like or Dislike the refresh
like 583 38.23%
dislike 942 61.77%
Voters: 1525. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #1443
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
What I posted in another thread that needs to be posted here --

Let's really put this into perspective, everyone. If you had one Camaro from all 38 production years in front of you - I can without a doubt say that there'd be some years that we wouldn't like, some models that don't fit our taste, and some that we just think are ugly... but it's a Camaro, and thus it's part of the heritage. I regularly see on here people who think the 4th generation Camaro is ugly - while I might agree on the 98-2002 portion, I personally think the 93-97 era Camaro was one of the best looking Camaros designed. Likewise, a bunch of folks on here appear to like the 3rd generation Camaro and I think it's the red headed step child of the Camaro design. But it all wraps up to be the heritage of the car we've all grown to love - the Camaro. Not all of us will like every single Camaro from the 38 production years.

So if we don't like the 2014 MCE Camaro - so be it. There will be others that do like it and will want to buy it. And if it means sales to NEW customers who previously hadn't considered a Camaro then it's a win for all of us because it's one new owner to show what owning a Camaro is all about.

[/soapbox]
Well said. This could be someone's new favorite car, just like the 1969 refresh, lots of people didnt like that car when it came out, or the 1974 changes, a lot of people hated the restyle, but then again a lot of people loved them and that may have been the car that got them into being a car enthusiast, so all I'm saying is if you don't like the way it looks, that's your opinion but someone may really like it and in the end that's all that matters for the person buying it.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #1444
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
To be fair - Camaro5 represents the more enthusiastic end of the 2010+ Camaro owner spectrum. There's plenty of Camaro enthusiasts who did not like the 5th gen and/or are not on this site.
Fair enough.

I recall that most of the sneak pictures of the 5th gen made it look a lot more "thick-bodied" than it did in person. Maybe we need to hope for a similar difference between the crappy pics and the metal.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #1445
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I wasn't alive when the first Gen Camaro came out but looking back I MUCH prefer the 67/68. This will be no different. They will sell the hell out of them and everyone will buy/have the one they like.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #1446
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
fbodfather kept posting... "this'll go down like the :not the real head lights:

I hope he meant " not the real tail lights, and hood"

EvoWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #1447
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Thanks for making up my mind. Stingray deposit going in today! They looked lost on this refresh, extracter looks outta place on a wide hood, too small, and smushed grill and lights I dont get, rear tails look like they didnt have alot of thought look cheap. This looks like it should have been for the transition to the fifths not a refresh of the fifths. Looks flatter and duller to me. Early votes here not pending well for gm. My SS will stay and welcome the vette.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #1448
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Dont have much problem with the front end refresh. The tail look was too brief for me to form an opinion. I actually kinda like the hood vent though. Steve from Hex Vents should get some royalties as that vent is just a spin on his product.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #1449
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
Dont have much problem with the front end refresh. The tail look was too brief for me to form an opinion. I actually kinda like the hood vent though. Steve from Hex Vents should get some royalties as that vent is just a spin on his product.
I think the hex vents look much better as they are split and do not mess with the existing body lines on the hood.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #1450
Anyfish

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
That had to be a joke yesterday?
Pehaps this new 2014 Camaro is not a Chevy! LOL. Maybe it's just me, but that hood with the chrome strip may have come off a Buick.

At least the Corvette crew won't be able to bitch about the rear tail lights looking like a Camaro any more.

No LS7, no Z28, why bother.
Anyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #1451
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Calm down people, you'll get over it.
Remember when the production version was shown for the first time? Hardly anyone liked the changes they made from the concept. Many posted about the back bumper hump, the reverse lights, changed the interior, not likening the front and the most ironic thing I remember we're complaints that they made the roof taller than the concept version.
When they added the back up sensors people complained.
When they added the corporate steering wheel and the dash leather people complained.
When they added the Mylink radio many complained it looked stupid...
Many people grew to love the changes and some have still not embraced them.
Any change they would have made would have met with resistance. These changes were greater than any to date so they will receive the greatest complaining... But guess what, the world will go on, just like it did when they changed the concept to the production version, those that don't like it don't have to buy it, those that do like it will buy it...
I believe as time draws nearer to actual production many will have changed their opinions of it especially once they see one up close and in person.
JMHO...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #1452
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Remember when the production version was shown for the first time? Hardly anyone liked the changes they made from the concept. Many posted about the back bumper hump, the reverse lights, changed the interior, not likening the front and the most ironic thing I remember we're complaints that they made the roof taller than the concept version.
When they added the corporate steering wheel and the dash leather people complained.
Any change they would have made would have met with resistance. These changes were greater than any to date so they will receive the greatest complaining... But guess what, the world will go on, just like it did when they changed the concept to the production version, those that don't like it don't have to buy it, those that do like it will buy it...
I believe as time draws nearer to actual production many will have changed their opinions of it especially once they see one up close and in person.
JMHO...
angrybird telling US to calm down!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #1453
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
3 hours!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #1454
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I don't mind it but I'm looking forward to seeing all the pics today.
Make the heat extractor hood an option and we're talking. I don't like the idea of not having rally stripes as an option and with the heat extractor I don't see how it will be possible.
We all like the looks of our current Camaro's and it can be hard to accept a change... but it will be alot easier if this refresh includes an LS7 and a Z28 badge.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #1455
jrohan07

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Supercharged SLP
Why not keep the original tail lights but make them real sequential leds with smoked lenses and the Euro Model like the pictures. Do Europeans like this style or are they forced by some law?
jrohan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #1456
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
JMHO...
And many will not. I really like the 2010-2013 tail light styling. The 2014 tail lights look like an aids stricken dumpster fire.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote