Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #71
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
I can't say I agree with that. My wife and I took a ~3000 mile round-trip to the east coast of Canada a couple years ago in my 2010 C6 (base coupe). Except for a couple LONG driving stints (~10+hrs) where my neck and shoulders would eventually get sore for the monotony of driving TOO LONG, we were perfectly fine in the car for the whole trip . Although "snug", it fit two large suit-cases, a case of water, and a small bin of "miscellaneous" items (snacks, etc.), no problem. The rear cargo area is really NOT that bad in the 'Vette ... and with the huge hatch lid (similar to the 4th-gen F-Bodies), it's super easy getting stuff in and out (although you're restricted to height ..... tall items - ie: a full size cooler - have to be as far forward, otherwise they won't fit under the glass).
I guess I'm feeling my age a bit then. lol

I hate driving her car for longer than 50 miles.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #72
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
I know you all know...but the reason you see mostly old guys in 'vettes, is that when we're younger and don't yet have kids, we can't afford one. When we're a few years older, two-seaters aren't really practical...darned kids need a back seat, even though we may still be drooling over the 'vette that we may now be able to afford. The retired guys have the money, have lost their need for all those seats (kids gone), and also have the $ for the car. I'm almost to Corvette age (though want a Ford GT), but still need those extra seats...
oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #73
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I think so.

BUT, while I think the Camaro is really cool in yellow for anyone I do think that the Vette in yellow is kind of for a female. jmo of course.

Ouch, that hurts!

I haven't driven a C6. The one thing I did notice when I drove a new Camaro, is that it was harder to get into and out of than my Corvette. The Camaro is a really nice car. However, I'm buying a Camaro so that I will have something to drive on the days when the weather isn't nice enough to drive my Corvette.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #74
NjSpeed

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS
I test drove a 08 vet right before i bought my 2010 SS the vet was awesome but i couldnt see driving it every day as this is my DD (i had a 92 vet it got old driving it everywhere) Also maybe its just me but i found the interior of the vet boring when compared to the retro styling of the Camaro. I went to the dealer dead set on a vet until i saw my inferno SS and drove it and decided it was the better car for me personally. Just about everyone who knows me thought the Camaro was a better fit more of a Muscle Car then a sports car like the vet, im 6'2 220 i look a little funny getting out of the vet
NjSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #75
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
if im spending 30-40 thousand on a car i want that thing to be brand new
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #76
gcope63

Drives: 2007 Corvette, 2004 Grand Prix GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6needluv2 View Post
if im spending 30-40 thousand on a car i want that thing to be brand new
That is something else I am thinking about, for $40k you either get a brand new Camaro with a warranty or a 3-4 year old Corvette with no warranty.. I know you can add an aftermarket warranty but that can be a hassle plus it adds to the cost.. With the new car you know pretty much who has driven it and how hard. On top of that I have always wanted to order a new car from the factory! I think that would be pretty cool!

Going out tomorrow to drive another Camaro SS, the salesperson I am dealing with is going to let me and wife take one out for a little while to see what she thinks! After that I am going to sit down with her and try to find out what they know on the 2013 1LE's, doubt much yet but want to get on the "list" when they do find out.. Hope the weather cooperates so we can have some fun!!

Gary
gcope63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #77
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcope63 View Post
That is something else I am thinking about, for $40k you either get a brand new Camaro with a warranty or a 3-4 year old Corvette with no warranty.. I know you can add an aftermarket warranty but that can be a hassle plus it adds to the cost.. With the new car you know pretty much who has driven it and how hard. On top of that I have always wanted to order a new car from the factory! I think that would be pretty cool!

Going out tomorrow to drive another Camaro SS, the salesperson I am dealing with is going to let me and wife take one out for a little while to see what she thinks! After that I am going to sit down with her and try to find out what they know on the 2013 1LE's, doubt much yet but want to get on the "list" when they do find out.. Hope the weather cooperates so we can have some fun!!

Gary
I bought a new 2011 Grand Sport for 47k 5 months ago.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #78
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
I liked the Camaro more than the Vette.
Although I am very tempted to go for a ZR1 next to the Camaro...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #79
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcope63 View Post

Gary
GM warranties are 5 years and fully transferable, at least mine was. I have the memo from GM

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #80

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
i didnt. i bought a slightly used camaro over a new or used malibu .
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #81
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
For me it was solely by choice. Although I like corvettes and I could have afforded one new (thank God), I really was in love with the camaro of my choice. There are advantages and disadvantages with both the Camaro and the Corvette; One really needs to know what he/she expects from their car purchase before deciding on a model.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #82
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I almost traded my 1LE for a Stingray. I had the approval.

But after driving the C7, although it drove great, I preferred my 1LE. Not a fan of the new look I do not think it will wear well over time. Although there is much more to a car than looks, it is a factor. C6 is better looking in my book.

A C6 GS might be my next daily driver once I get done spending $$ on my 1LE.