Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #15
Johnny2343

Drives: 16 1SS 6mn npp
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Man !!! the closer Im getting to pulling the trigger on an 16 SS the more of these dumb ass problems keep coming up. This is some sad S****...They should have just left well enough alone as far as changing the plant location. The 15s didn't go thru half of this. I don't care If the car is built at Toys R Us as long as it is built properly.(A few problems is normal BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.) this MIGHT force me to wait for a 17.
2,200 miles here not a single issue
Johnny2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #16
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2343 View Post
congratulations brother !!!! I think the same guy is making all the mistakes on the build.
he was probably off when they built yours
Old 05-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #17
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
congratulations brother !!!! I think the same guy is making all the mistakes on the build.
he was probably off when they built yours
That one made me laugh. Don't be that guy messing up everyone's new car.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #18
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2343 View Post
Mine must have been built by the same guy that built yours.

The only issue I have had is the little paint chip on the trunk thing. Fixed with a little touch-up paint.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I have the AC vents issue as well.. maybe others. I am trading this thing in if this shit keeps up. If I had the oil pan issue + toe link issue i would have abandoned the car already.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:57 AM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing_nitro View Post
Same experience with the hill assist. Only works a very few times and when I want it on steep inclines it doesn't kick in.
Good Morning blazing_nitro,

I’m sorry to hear that your hill assist seems to be giving you some trouble, especially on the steep inclines. Have you been able to address this with your dealership? I would be happy to help you in get into contact with a Social Care Advisor in your region who could better assist you moving forward. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, current kilometers, and preferred dealer. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:08 AM   #21
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
As far as the A/C odor goes. I have always had this problem intermittently in every car I have owned. I noticed in a thread here the other day a guy mentioned turning the a/c and the recirculate function off but letting the fan still pull fresh air through the system for a short period before shutting the car off. Honestly I couldn't believe that hadn't dawned on me before. It makes complete sense and works great. I haven't had a single odor issue in my 120,000 mile daily driver since.

Keep in mind you don't have to do it for a long time. I probably spend the last minute of my commute with the a/c and recirc. off and the vent fan on at least 1 setting above low speed. So don't feel like you need to run the car with A/C off for a miserable amount of time. Essentially you only run it just long enough for the air exiting the vents to return to ambient air temp instead of cold A/C flow.
I've used this method for years.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #22
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Good Morning blazing_nitro,

I’m sorry to hear that your hill assist seems to be giving you some trouble, especially on the steep inclines. Have you been able to address this with your dealership? I would be happy to help you in get into contact with a Social Care Advisor in your region who could better assist you moving forward. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, current kilometers, and preferred dealer. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Lol.. This made me laugh... What about my issues.. you know the ones that I created a thread for ..
Old 05-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #23
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
As far as the A/C odor goes. I have always had this problem intermittently in every car I have owned. I noticed in a thread here the other day a guy mentioned turning the a/c and the recirculate function off but letting the fan still pull fresh air through the system for a short period before shutting the car off. Honestly I couldn't believe that hadn't dawned on me before. It makes complete sense and works great. I haven't had a single odor issue in my 120,000 mile daily driver since.

Keep in mind you don't have to do it for a long time. I probably spend the last minute of my commute with the a/c and recirc. off and the vent fan on at least 1 setting above low speed. So don't feel like you need to run the car with A/C off for a miserable amount of time. Essentially you only run it just long enough for the air exiting the vents to return to ambient air temp instead of cold A/C flow.
I've never had this problem on any of my cars, yet this seems to be an issue on multiple '16 Camaros and Cadillac ATSs. You shouldn't have to go through a checklist of activities in order for your AC to not smell bad on a brand new car. If it's not an issue on my 16 year old, 107k mile Camaro, it should not be an issue on the new ones.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #24
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
Lol.. This made me laugh... What about my issues.. you know the ones that I created a thread for ..
No man, hill assist is pretty serious! Without it, your car is pretty much non operable!!

LOL yeah, my hill assist never kicks in too :/

I'm the problem with the reverse light will need a software update. Hopefully that's the case, haven't seen to many problems with Mylink.

The AC, cabin filter change?
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
I have a service scheduled for tomorrow. One thing I am a little nervous about is that I hope they dont give a tough time about is that I have a catch can installed. Do I have a reason to worry? I saw some post some time back where some one was denied warranty repair because of his catch can (his problem was oil pressure drop off which may/may not be directly related to the catch can). Mine is related to the foul odor, but still can they give me a hard time about it?
Old 05-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #26
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Dead mouse in AC ductwork?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #27
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
I have a service scheduled for tomorrow. One thing I am a little nervous about is that I hope they dont give a tough time about is that I have a catch can installed. Do I have a reason to worry? I saw some post some time back where some one was denied warranty repair because of his catch can (his problem was oil pressure drop off which may/may not be directly related to the catch can). Mine is related to the foul odor, but still can they give me a hard time about it?
I think you should be fine. None of your problems is powertrain related. However, if that was me I would take it off just to be on the safe side.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote