Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2016, 07:58 AM   #15
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
On the 5th Gen ZL1 the steering rate is also increased (tighter) in Sport Mode and PTM 5 which is Race. I assume it's the same for the 6th gen as well.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #16
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is my first car with mrc and from my experience I can tell a huge difference. Tour is pretty comfy, sport stiffens up and on the road near me it is a rough ride. I haven't been in track mode much, the steering is too heavy for normal driving. If it weren't for the run flats the tour mode would be really nice. and i am not saying the run flat ride differently, they are much more noisy. The noise fakes your mind in to feel the bump more than you really felt it.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:28 AM   #17
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I can feel the difference between touring and sport. It's slight, but, there's a noticeable difference. Obviously, touring vs track is a night/day comparison. There's a rough section of road I take coming into work every day and I've tried each mode (except for snow/ice).

I've got to say that I'm very impressed with the MRC
I agree. I find Touring to be rather comfortable and feel a good bit more of the bumps in Sport. I like the extra burble in the exhaust in Sport.

The road out in front of my hood is under destruction. It is slated for widening and resurfacing. The first mile or so of my commute is pretty rough. So much so that I've taken to cutting through one of the neighborhoods to miss the mess.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #18
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
I have driven cars with MRC but I haven't owned one. My take on it is that it's possible that the baseline settings aren't much if any different in track vs. sport, but they have a higher threshold for how much it will stiffen to control the car over bumps and for corners. I guess that's one of the advantages of magnetorheological shocks; they can still be reasonable over small bumps or in normal driving, but assert control when necessary.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #19
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
This is my first car with mrc and from my experience I can tell a huge difference. Tour is pretty comfy, sport stiffens up and on the road near me it is a rough ride. I haven't been in track mode much, the steering is too heavy for normal driving. If it weren't for the run flats the tour mode would be really nice. and i am not saying the run flat ride differently, they are much more noisy. The noise fakes your mind in to feel the bump more than you really felt it.
You can go under the engine management section on the MyLink and override the settings mapped to each drive mode. Personally, I set the Exhaust to always be in Track Mode, Steering in Tour Mode and then leave the Suspension and associated Transmission Shift Points/Shift Firmness tied to the mode toggle switch.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote