Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #1
Galonso$*

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Looking for the options on Muffler.

Hey guys. Just wanted to ask what kind of mufflers are gonna be good for my Camaro. I recently got stage 2 BTR cam with a tune and I'm LOVING every minute of it. Only downside is that it may be a tad bit too loud and might need to calm the exhaust down a little. Like as the other day I went through the drive thru at McDonald's and I literally had to yell for them to hear Me or any other place where it's kinda enclosed. . Should I just stick the stock mufflers on there? Or what kinda mufflers or brand do you guys suggest to be quiet down my car but still keep it Loud but not too loud to the point where I have yell lol

Last edited by Galonso$*; 04-21-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Editing
Galonso$* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galonso$* View Post
Hey guys. Just wanted to ask what kind of mufflers are gonna be good for my Camaro. I recently got stage 2 BTR cam with a tune and I'm LOVING every minute of it. Only downside is that it may be a tad bit too loud as the other day I went through the drive thru at McDonald's and I literally had to yell for them to hear me. Should I just stick the stock mufflers on there? Or what kinda mufflers or brand do you guys suggest to be quiet down my car but still keep it Loud but not too loud to the point where I have yell lol
Flowmaster super 10 race mufflers......heaven.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
You can turn the engine off at the drive through. I do it all the time.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Burger King asked me to turn my car off today as the order taker couldn't hear me.

Flowmaster Outlaws baby! Awwwww Yeaaaa!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:41 AM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Burger King asked me to turn my car off today as the order taker couldn't hear me.

That would be a good feeling

OP, as these two gents have suggested, try something from Flowmaster. Or, if you experience done, knockout two birds with one stone and opt for a Magnaflow resonated x pipe.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:48 AM   #6
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

Many years ago, when they first started drive thrus, early '80s IIRC, I pull up to the the window, check the bag, and the order was all wrong. So I hand it back to the clerk. He grabs another bag that has my order. He says, "You must have passed the car in front of you." I said, "Yes, I press this button on the dash and my car leaps over the car in front of me."

I had to pull over to the side of the road on the way home as my wife was laughing so hard I thought she was going to puke.

Last edited by CamaroFred; 04-22-2017 at 05:35 AM.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
That would be a good feeling

OP, as these two gents have suggested, try something from Flowmaster. Or, if you experience done, knockout two birds with one stone and opt for a Magnaflow resonated x pipe.
This is true.....i did get rid of my resonated x pipe because it was to quiet. But it may be good for you.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
btr, cam, camaro, muffler, stage2