Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #15
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Forget GM, they have no power in this. Take all the stuff To the general manager. Write him first per certified letter. If That does not work, go find the owner. It’s probably owned by a corporation so you may have to go to another facility.
Then I would say their system is flawed. They should almost be more concerned on hearing from ppl they lost the sale rather than a server from buyers.

I thought also they discourage dealers from not returning deposits
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #16
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
You do understand that oxidization is going to happen to all exposed aluminum parts eventually right? I mean, the one picture was of the alternator casing... I hate to be "that guy", but if you want absolute perfection on every surface maybe you should throw an extra 1 on the front of your car budget and go from there...although...I've preflighted 30 million dollar aircraft that had some checkering on the aluminum in places. I understand that expectations vary greatly...but I'm not sure that yours are reasonable.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #17
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
You do understand that oxidization is going to happen to all exposed aluminum parts eventually right? I mean, the one picture was of the alternator casing... I hate to be "that guy", but if you want absolute perfection on every surface maybe you should throw an extra 1 on the front of your car budget and go from there...although...I've preflighted 30 million dollar aircraft that had some checkering on the aluminum in places. I understand that expectations vary greatly...but I'm not sure that yours are reasonable.
Yep. Just like a vehicle will eventually be scratched, steel parts will eventually rust, and the paint will eventually fade. Nobody wants to start day 1 with those conditions though.

Take a look at my current car. That car is normal. There is a very small amount of oxidation, and with time it will gradually increase. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I hate when people excuse problems based on the Camaro's price tag. Since when is a 73K car inexpensive to the point that major cosmetic problems are excusable? Do you think when Porsches have quality problems, they say well it's not a Lamborghini? What about the Lamborghini guys? They could hide behind that same argument, and say, well it's not a Bugatti.

Probably every 20K car on the lot would have had aluminum in better cosmetic shape than this car. What you're saying is just a meaningless cliche that people throw out anytime a Camaro has an issue.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)

Last edited by travislambert; 12-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #18
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
I don't understand why some people are saying that its unreasonable for the buyer that is shelling out over $70k for a BRAND NEW car is expecting every part to appear brand new and when it isn't to get his deposit back? If this car was used then I would understand from the dealers standpoint.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:52 AM   #19
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
I don't understand why some people are saying that its unreasonable for the buyer that is shelling out over $70k for a BRAND NEW car is expecting every part to appear brand new and when it isn't to get his deposit back? If this car was used then I would understand from the dealers standpoint.
Thank You!

In 5 years my ZL1 will still be in much better shape than this car was with 3 miles on it.

I wish people would look at how many times I expressed concern for oxidation leading up to driving to pickup the car. Not once did anyone at the dealer say my requests were unreasonable. And after the car arrived, wouldn't any decent human being at least mention to me that the car had bad oxidation?

Instead, they let me make the drive, and then hid the car from me while they tried to get me to do paperwork, etc. before I could see it.

Luckily, I had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. (I really did. LOL)

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 12-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #20
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Thank You!

In 5 years my ZL1 will still be in much better shape than this car was with 3 miles on it.

I wish people would look at how many times I expressed concern for oxidation leading up to driving to pickup the car. Not once did anyone at the dealer say my requests were unreasonable. And after the car arrived, wouldn't any decent human being at least mention to me that the car had bad oxidation?

Instead, they let me make the drive, and then hid the car from me while they tried to get me to do paperwork, etc. before I could see it.

Luckily, I had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. (I really did. LOL)
Does this POS dealer have an official buyback policy?
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
Good luck with getting your deposit back. If I had a ZL1-1LE. I would treat it like a race car that you could eat off of when it wasn't at the track or on mountain roads. For some $70,000 isn't much money, but for me it doesn't matter how much the car costs. If a car is clean and prepped, you will know if there is an issue. Why start with a flawed car that looks like crap before you even use it. I'm not a car show guy, but if the engine bay looked crappy, I'd walk too. Car salesmen don't have the same passion and they just don't get it. I'm sure you'll get your money back. You'll find another one.
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Just an FYI, my car has similar oxidation on the aluminum parts on the engine block as well. Not quite to that level, but it is there. I have no dog in this fight, other than to say perhaps it has something to do with how the 1LE's are transported.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #23
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
While I think the reason for not taking the car is a bit ridiculous it shouldn't matter at all to get your deposit back. Simply stating you didn't want it anymore should be enough hah.

How did you pay the deposit? Credit card? Issue a charge back
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #24
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
While I think the reason for not taking the car is a bit ridiculous it shouldn't matter at all to get your deposit back. Simply stating you didn't want it anymore should be enough hah.

How did you pay the deposit? Credit card? Issue a charge back
If you saw the car you might feel differently. Like I said, the pictures don't do it justice. Oxidation had started on both the steel and aluminum parts on the entire underside of the car. Entire exhaust, rear diff, suspension components, etc. A year from now this car will look terrible.

You'll have to forgive me for wanting a brand new $73K car to look new instead of 5 years old. If I were simply being "ridiculous" , they wouldn't have immediately hid the car once I mentioned getting more pictures.

Glad to hear we're at least in agreement on the deposit. I paid by Credit Card, and I've already disputed the charge.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 12-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #25
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Affair View Post
Does this POS dealer have an official buyback policy?
They probably do. They have tons of gimmick incentives. Lifetime engine warranty, etc. I'm sure in the fine print it's only redeemable on the 30th of February or something like that.

It's a good thought, but since I didn't buy it I'm sure it wouldn't apply.

I'll get my money. They have no idea who they're dealing with. They probably think I'll just cut my losses. Like I've said before I don't care what I have to spend to get it back. I have the money and time to fight it.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6

Last edited by travislambert; 12-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:21 AM   #26
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I don’t understand why all of the metal on the car seems to be deteriorating at such a rapid rate. All of these ZL1s are coming out of the same spot. A month or two after being assembled the car shouldn’t be falling apart. Why is this car suffering and so many other not? Strange.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #27
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I don’t understand why all of the metal on the car seems to be deteriorating at such a rapid rate. All of these ZL1s are coming out of the same spot. A month or two after being assembled the car shouldn’t be falling apart. Why is this car suffering and so many other not? Strange.
At 1st, they were delivered by covered carrier then at some point, that stopped and the deliveries were by open carrier.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #28
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
At 1st, they were delivered by covered carrier then at some point, that stopped and the deliveries were by open carrier.
99% of all new cars are delivered on open carriers. Do 99% of Cars look like this after two months? I don’t think so.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote