Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #295
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
T-tops didn't hit the muscle car/ponycar segment until most of the performance had been bled out of them. An appearance-oriented bone thrown to the overall concepts of youthfulness and fun that didn't really replace what made that segment hot in the first place.

That is not a good association for some of us, Smokey and the Bandit notwithstanding.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #296
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaulll View Post
T-TOPS FOR SURE!

They just add to the overall Muscle car look.
Yes
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #297
Michael2000

Drives: .
Proximity door locks and push button start.

Clutch with linearly increasing force as it reaches the floor (vs. clutch pedal pressure going down as it reaches the floor with current car).

Adjustable lumbar support, even if it is manual adjustment.

Gauges not blocked by steering wheel, and temp gauge with numeric markings.

1LE with differential cooler.

Standard HID headlights with better beam pattern.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #298
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaulll View Post
T-TOPS FOR SURE!

They just add to the overall Muscle car look.
T-Tops didn't pass new safety regulations. Those aren't going to factory if you want them.

What the Camaro needs:
1. BETTER PAINT!!!!!! I understand it can't be lead paint, but better quality paint would be a huge improvement.
2. weight loss
3. A medium blue. Aqua blue didn't sell well, because not many people got a good look at it before it went out of production.
4. White dome light, headlights "non-rs" and fog lights. It's 2013 nobody wants those ugly color headlights.
5. better MPG. I shouldn't be get better 15 mpg especially with an intake and exhaust system in a v6. I live in a hilly area, but I rarely hit 3000 rpm let alone 2500 rpm.
6. better cup holder placement. This is for the manual guys.
7. A way to turn off AFM without voiding the warranty or paying $200+. Something like an "offroad" tune.
8. Better service departments and sales rep at dealerships, but that will take a lot more then one car generation to fix.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #299
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Wow it seems like many on this board want a Cadillac/Audi/ insert your favorite luxury car instead of a camaro with all the comforts youre asking for. It's a MUSCLE CAR! Not a LUXURY SPORTS CAR. I say make ALL creature comforts optional. Keep AC and a radio. It'd be much easier to create the car then.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #300
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Wow it seems like many on this board want a Cadillac/Audi/ insert your favorite luxury car instead of a camaro with all the comforts youre asking for. It's a MUSCLE CAR! Not a LUXURY SPORTS CAR. I say make ALL creature comforts optional. Keep AC and a radio. It'd be much easier to create the car then.
Iff we did that the camaro be a lot more expensive on our end. The less options we have,the cheaper they can produce the car.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #301
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Sorry, but I'm with Wizard on this one.

If you're a pure muscle car/pony car/sports car fan, or remember when driving did not mean having to have all kinds of luxury and technology items present, you understand this.

Those who don't have allowed themselves to become spoiled. It's a shame that the leading edge of that group of folks is dragging the feature content ever upward. And downright annoying that sometimes in order to get a single option that you do want that you have to put up with one or more that you don't even want being there on your car.

Norm
Old 06-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #302
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Sorry, but I'm with Wizard on this one.

If you're a pure muscle car/pony car/sports car fan, or remember when driving did not mean having to have all kinds of luxury and technology items present, you understand this.

Those who don't have allowed themselves to become spoiled. It's a shame that the leading edge of that group of folks is dragging the feature content ever upward. And downright annoying that sometimes in order to get a single option that you do want that you have to put up with one or more that you don't even want being there on your car.

Norm

Just little common sense things like Stereo, AC, Power windows+locks, USB and AUX port, and cruise control. Everything else should be optional.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #303
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
offer recaro seats as an ss option
autos and manuals same hp and tq
offer different grill options (front bow tie delete option)
improve my link tech (and have a cd insert, i still like my cd's lol)
drop the price a little!
keep kicking mustang and challenger ass
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #304
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post

Just little common sense things like Stereo, AC, Power windows+locks, USB and AUX port, and cruise control. Everything else should be optional.
lol that's a lot to keep in if you're talking bare bones. My LS had all that in it except the USB, am I muscle car now?
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #305
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Wish list:

1: Look amazing
2: Perform like a thousand dollar an hour hooker.

Done.

ok ok, for realy though:

1: Stripped version of SS like the z/28. I mean stripped, too. crank windows, manual race buckets, no sound deadening, a/c optional, crappy one speaker radio, the works. With all the same mechanical parts as whatever the 1LE SS equivalent will be.

2: Wider range of engine options. Options are always good. Some people want to be a bad ass, some people just wanna look good and cruise. Let everyone be happy.

3: For the sake of all that is good two inches more head room or a lower seat!!!

4: no seat belt snaps on seats. Annoying-ish

5: A free one for anyone who's forum name is Mamooth.
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #306
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post

Thanks.

It seems that there are various interpretations of "stripped", as my own list is shorter still.

A/C is a virtual necessity even if you don't have heat stress issues - it's the fastest way to clear a fogging up windshield (A/C + heat, with defrost and outside air) and in this part of the country is worth it for that reason alone. As a "paint-saver", remote lock/unlock has some legitimate purpose, so that can stay. As can the power windows - when it wasn't such a physical stretch/contortion to reach the passenger side door from the driver seat, manual-crank windows weren't entirely unreasonable.

The stereo does need to have CD capability, as that is a whole lot easier for some of us to deal with than USB or AUX inputs.

Cruise . . . no need for it. Why I even bother checking it every couple of years to see if it still works is a mystery now that I stop to think about it. My wife never uses it at all (not sure she even knows how).

Norm
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #307
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
Wish list:

4: no seat belt snaps on seats. Annoying-ish
What I would rather have is one that fastens it to the side of the seat vs the side bolster of the back.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #308
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
1) 3300 pound curb weight for the base car with ATS-like dimensions
2) Keep the black steelie rally wheels. They are iconic Chevy base wheels.
3) Keep the 300+ V6 as the base motor.
4) Lower beltline somewhat for improved visability.
5) Improve the interior materials without going overboard.
6) Improve the paint quality.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation