Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #407
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
You drive a Mustang GT Norm. Why aren't you on a mustang site convincing people to trade in their 5.0 for a high mpg 4 cylinder Honda version of a mustang? Just wondering what they think. Wonder how Challenger SRT8 392 drivers feel about making it a 4 cylinder?
I'm a car enthusiast, not a brand fanboy. That's why I'm here, as well as on three other F-body boards (over 10 years at two of those) and a couple of G-body sites (I had a '79 Malibu from brand-new until last summer). I guess I'm a bit less concerned with how the power is made as long as it is adequate for the specific target - even if it turned out to be something I wouldn't buy for myself.

So I wouldn't be pitching a high-mpg four over there either (for the record, I belong to 6 Mustang boards and regularly contribute to three of those). Just like I've been doing here it would be strictly about a turbo four having an appropriate level of entry point power, and letting the mpg fall wherever it may without commenting on that.

Truth is, there just hasn't been a whole lot of talk about fours in the places of those sites that I commonly visit - on one forum a new "S550" forum opened up only a week ago and has at this moment a total of three threads and less than 40 total replies. Make your own conclusion.

I have no idea what the Dodge boys are thinking, as I have zero presence on their message boards.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #408
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Um, no. What everyone's saying is base V6 Camaros and Mustangs will be replaced by turbocharged 4 cylinders. There will still be V8 engines.

Again, if you want a V8, then buy a V8. Nobody's holding a gun to your head demanding you buy a 2.0T 6th gen. Jesus.
Actually people on this thread HAVE spoken about getting rid of V8s to make way for Turbo 4 cylinders due to CAFE standards.

And Norm I get your opinion I just was tweaking you a little and wondering if the Mustang faithful ( my wife drives a 2010 mustang GT) was looking forward to getting 4s in place of 6 bangers.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #409
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Um, no. What everyone's saying is base V6 Camaros and Mustangs will be replaced by turbocharged 4 cylinders. There will still be V8 engines.

Again, if you want a V8, then buy a V8. Nobody's holding a gun to your head demanding you buy a 2.0T 6th gen. Jesus.
Exactly.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #410
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

The turbocharged four cylinders are necessary to offset the V8s for CAFE standards. That's all. We're not getting rid of V8s anytime soon. The LT series of engines should have made that evident for you with all the fuel-saving technology integrated into them.

Again, if you want a V8, THEN BUY A V8. WGAS.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #411
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Actually people on this thread HAVE spoken about getting rid of V8s to make way for Turbo 4 cylinders due to CAFE standards.
The only ones that keep pushing that line are the ones trying to turn this into a thread about the government.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #412
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
And Norm I get your opinion I just was tweaking you a little and wondering if the Mustang faithful ( my wife drives a 2010 mustang GT) was looking forward to getting 4s in place of 6 bangers.
It's all good.

It had crossed my mind that I spend enough time here that folks might have started to wonder.

I've since read that entire "S550" forum, and so far there's more chatter about the upcoming IRS than about an Ecoboosted four (though there is at least one person strongly in favor of that). Even the possibility of an Ecoboost V6 has gotten more attention. Time will tell, once more people stumble into it.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #413

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It's all good.

It had crossed my mind that I spend enough time here that folks might have started to wonder.

I've since read that entire "S550" forum, and so far there's more chatter about the upcoming IRS than about an Ecoboosted four (though there is at least one person strongly in favor of that). Even the possibility of an Ecoboost V6 has gotten more attention. Time will tell, once more people stumble into it.

Norm
Norm, don't go anywhere anytime soon...lol...I enjoy your posts regardless of the pic...lol...If you were a Ford sabeteur, you could do a lot worse (or better)...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #414

Quote:

The turbocharged four cylinders are necessary to offset the V8s for CAFE standards. That's all. We're not getting rid of V8s anytime soon.
...Then hooray for the I-4....Then let's be honest...The I-4 Camaro is gonna be foisted into the Camaro line, not because of demand, or how "great" a performer it will be, but out of necessity to keep the image of the Camaro what it should be...a high-powered performance modern American muscle-car with a V-8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
The only ones that keep pushing that line are the ones trying to turn this into a thread about the government.
...Seems like there's more truth to this for everyone concerned...
Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #415
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You do realize if you actually own a 2010 Camaro, it already has the black box and I doubt your life has changed one bit. It would be nice if you could post without a political slant on things.
The box in my 2010 does not record the amount of things in this mandate, and until this mandate went into effect the box could not be read without my permission.

If you want political discussion related to cars to end then tell your politicians to stop meddling in cars.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #416
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:

Yes, but people are holding a hand in my wallet for no reason other than the fact that they believe some junk science about plant food and weather.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #417
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Are you actually saying the government has nothing to do with:

Limited car choices
Less performance
Inferior products
Extra weight
Extra cost

These are all factors which directly affect the buyer and the engines available.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #418
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....one if by land, two if by sea....
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....one if by land, two if by sea....
...and as he looked up...he knew...yes, HE LOVED BIG BROTHER!...lol
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #420
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...and as he looked up...he knew...yes, HE LOVED BIG BROTHER!...lol
...that one flew right over my head.....I was merely toying with the Captain...not sure about your meaning.....

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation