Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #15
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Thanks for the update on the ride quality.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
EM - I totally agree with your evaluation of the ZL1 1LE. Especially the ride quality. And the cooled seats. I love the cooled seats!
I'll be at COTA in my red ZL1 1LE. Are you the early or the late session? On edit...Sorry. went back and read more carefully. I'll be at COTA August 30th. Hopefully I'll make it out and meet some of you folks at other COTA events.

2:31 in a GT4...is hauling the mail. Nice job!

Last edited by Dwille; 08-21-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #17
Vintage

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
EM - as you know, your 2:31 in a GT4 will equate to SEVERAL seconds faster around COTA in your new ride! I bet 5 seconds quicker. I would not be surprised to see 2:25 out of you or better with your skills. It sounds crazy for almost a 2 ton car, but it really will handle the technical stuff as well or better than the GT4 . . . and the straights, 'forget about it'.

The SS is great and I love it - now if I can just have fun with it for another year before trading up . . . seeing yours in person will not help my addiction.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #18
Mlbraptor

That's a great looking car..
Mlbraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #19
Mize442

Drives: Current driver AMC emlin X 5ltr.
Very nice. Enjoy.
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #20
Electron Mike

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Thanks for the update on the ride quality.
Sure, honestly it's a brutal ride on anything but perfectly new blacktop. It reminds me of my old Santa Cruz skateboard when it comes to compliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwille View Post
EM - I totally agree with your evaluation of the ZL1 1LE. Especially the ride quality. And the cooled seats. I love the cooled seats!
I'll be at COTA in my red ZL1 1LE. Are you the early or the late session? On edit...Sorry. went back and read more carefully. I'll be at COTA August 30th. Hopefully I'll make it out and meet some of you folks at other COTA events.

2:31 in a GT4...is hauling the mail. Nice job!
Thanks! Who is out at COTA Aug 30th? Let us know how it goes. I'll be out there for my maiden voyage Sep 30 and Oct 1st. Stop by and say hi if you see me at the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
EM - as you know, your 2:31 in a GT4 will equate to SEVERAL seconds faster around COTA in your new ride! I bet 5 seconds quicker. I would not be surprised to see 2:25 out of you or better with your skills. It sounds crazy for almost a 2 ton car, but it really will handle the technical stuff as well or better than the GT4 . . . and the straights, 'forget about it'.

The SS is great and I love it - now if I can just have fun with it for another year before trading up . . . seeing yours in person will not help my addiction.
I'm pretty curious myself how quick it will be at COTA. I think the aero bits will slow it down on the back straight ala Z06 and ACR, but they should make for some fun through the carosel and esses. I only drive about 7 tenths on track in street cars, but I still think it will be quite quick after I have a few track days in it and get aquainted with it's characteristics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlbraptor View Post
That's a great looking car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mize442 View Post
Very nice. Enjoy.
Thanks!
Electron Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #21
Vintage

I have an ACR-E, a 2:23-2:24 car at COTA with my numb hands and feet. I think your 1LE will be better than expected compared to the ACR aero BRAKE. I can only hit 158ish on the back straight. It gets to 138 real fast and then you hit the wall when you shift to 5th gear, which is way too long and at that point you have close to 1,500 lbs of down force holding you back. As I understand it, max down force on your 1LE is about 500 lbs??? That is my long way of saying, I think you will be faster in the straights.

And you have a better ratio for the task. Please give us a thorough review when you make it out! I am excited about your upcoming review.

Great looking machine.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #22
TopazM3

Drives: RAM 1500
Car looks awesome in white! Congrats. 👍🏻👍🏻
TopazM3 is offline   Reply With Quote