Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks like the little bolt there popped out. Quick fix
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #16
TJR1952

Drives: 2013 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Looks like the little bolt there popped out. Quick fix
I wish it was that easy. The last fastening bolt on the end is there and tight. There is no reason for this and only solution is to add a small screw at the end.
TJR1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
There is plastic that wraps around the bolt (screw) that you've mentioned in your last post OP, and it seems that that plastic has broken. Even if the screw there is tight, it will not stay in. (For those wondering it's not in the pics posted, it's farther out.) I had this same issue after my car was hit in a parking lot and had the "repairs" done. Still not satisfied with the repairs either, but can't get anywhere with the insurance company.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #18
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Easy enough to fix without bringing into the dealership.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #19
TJR1952

I will let them fix it. I'm just a little upset that as carefull as i am , this should never have happened. I can understand if it was hit or abused ,but that was not the case here.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #20
cam45

Drives: 45th anniversary 2LT/RS
As for mine, the edge of the rear bumpers were sticking out like yours.

It always got on my nerve and one day when I was installing LED for the reverse light, I noticed that if I do not tighten hard on that last piece, which should be 10mm bolt to the rear quarter panel, it stayed flushed. Idk if this helps but wouldn't hurt to try to loosen the bolt a little.
cam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #21
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
These cars are a great design. Designed by our Aussie mates at Holden. They designed and built the GTO........They designed the Camaro that is built in Canada and they are responsible for the upcoming SS. Do some research on Holden and the cars they build.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #22
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR1952 View Post
I will let them fix it. I'm just a little upset that as carefull as i am , this should never have happened. I can understand if it was hit or abused ,but that was not the case here.
I'd do the same thing. I'd rather have it corrected under warranty than come up with my own fix.

My side trim on the center console had a couple broken pieces from the previous drivers (rental car) so it would flap loose near the gas pedal. The broken piece is attached to a much larger piece of the whole dashboard. That I did fix on my own by drilling two small holes and using a zip tie. Hasn't moved since and you can't notice unless you crouch down and look underneath the dashboard.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Looks like someone on the assembly line failed to do their job. This should have been cought during quality inspection. May be they were at lunch and the car got passed inspestion. Not good Chevrolet, this is bad press that you don't need.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #24
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
No problem with mine.
Ditto 3 1/2 yrs.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
These cars are a great design. Designed by our Aussie mates at Holden. They designed and built the GTO........They designed the Camaro that is built in Canada and they are responsible for the upcoming SS. Do some research on Holden and the cars they build.
If you want to attribute the design of the 5th gen Camaro solely to Australians/Holden team, then you haven't done your own "research."
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #26
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The rocker panel (I think thats what its called?)on mine has a seperation right infront of the rear wheel, the area immediately under the three ventlines. Looks like a clip is missing or something but it is so minor I havent done anything about it, been like that since I got it and it only had 1,000 miles, im sure it was like that from the factory.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #27
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Same subject, different part.

Staying on the threads poor workmanship subject but a different part of the car. I notice that when standing at the rear of the car looking forward. I see that the lower rear edge of the passenger door, ( below the handle, above the btm corner, sticks outboard a little. The drivers door is a smooth transition from rear edge, blending with the rear quarter panel. Everything else on the passenger door lines up real good. I went to a dealership and looked at all the new camaro's on the lot. Out of about 10, 3 or 4 of them looked like mine. I really don't think it can be improved by adjusting the hinges or the door striker. The top and btm fit good. The window fits and seals real good. I would hate to have it adjusted then to create some sort of wind noise. It seems like the contour of the door did not get formed correctly, or the rear quarter panel did not get lined up properly. Here is a pic of my drivers door compared to the passenger door. Anybody else noticed this on theirs?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
TJR1952

[QUOTE=Avenging Orange;6322781]These cars are a great design. Designed by our Aussie mates at Holden. They designed and built the GTO........They designed the Camaro that is built in Canada and they are responsible for the upcoming SS. Do some research on Holden and the cars they build.[/QUOTE

Who is responsible for designing how the exterior body parts fit and are put together. The look and style of the camaro is fantastic , thats why i bought it.

Last edited by TJR1952; 03-23-2013 at 02:13 PM.