Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #43
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke1 View Post
I would like to thank everybody that responded to my questions with respect. I was not trying to get anybody mad with my straight forward questions. I was trying to see if my camaro was running correctly as compared to other fellow camaro car owners. For all of you that thought my questions were dumb, I apologize for wasteing your time.
I didn't think it was dumb, it's a fair question asked by many, many people. I apologize for my sarcasm in my first response.

Welcome to the addiction that is C5!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #44
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HOnestly, if i owned a bugatti veyron and was in a group of other owners, id bring up the topic just out of curiosity.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10BlkSS View Post
HOnestly, if i owned a bugatti veyron and was in a group of other owners, id bring up the topic just out of curiosity.

I see you have an H3 Hummer. It really cracks me up when people ask what kind of gas mileage I get on mine.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #46
10BlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post

I see you have an H3 Hummer. It really cracks me up when people ask what kind of gas mileage I get on mine.
Did you do the torsion bolt lift on the front end to level it out? I did that to get rid of the rake and lost 1MPG i think, its around 14-15, used to hit 16 sometimes. This is an awesome vehicle and GREEN since the H2 is like 10 all the time!

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #47
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
doesn't the V8 shut down half the cylinders during highway driving? in theory, it should get better gas mileage than the V6 in those situations
In my '12 1LT/A6, I could consistently get 25-27mpg on interstate trips. Went 1,500 miles last summer and averaged 26.8 for the whole trip - never reset my mileage calcs.

I now have a '13 1SS/L99 (auto tranny) and it does have the Active Fuel Management (AFM) system you speak of. Haven't taken an extended trip with it yet so I don't know what kind of results to expect. As others have said, I didn't buy a Camaro for the gas mileage but I (like the OP) am interested in the best fuel economy it can muster when on a trip. I mean... why not? Around town, going for a high-paced cruise, or just punchin' it 'cause it feels good... who cares?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #48
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10BlkSS View Post
Did you do the torsion bolt lift on the front end to level it out? I did that to get rid of the rake and lost 1MPG i think, its around 14-15, used to hit 16 sometimes. This is an awesome vehicle and GREEN since the H2 is like 10 all the time!
No clue! Can you tell from this pic?

I think I get around the same mileage you said, on the highway anyway.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #49
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
I didn't think it was dumb, it's a fair question asked by many, many people. I apologize for my sarcasm in my first response.

Welcome to the addiction that is C5!
I can respect a response like this. I apologize to you, sir, for my previous post. I just find these (what appear to be) knee-jerk responses to any MPG discussion very frustrating.
Again, my apologies and kudos to your post quoted above.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #50
10BlkSS

Does not look like you did...if you dont like the "raked" look where the front squats down you can jack it up by a simple turn of the bolts under the driver doors. Search the hummer forums for a DIY if interested, takes less than an hour.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #51
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
911medic all I can say is that mine was shite when I first got her, but it got substantially better the more I drove her. I suspect yours to be the same.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #52
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
I can respect a response like this. I apologize to you, sir, for my previous post. I just find these (what appear to be) knee-jerk responses to any MPG discussion very frustrating.
Again, my apologies and kudos to your post quoted above.

Right back at you my friend!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #53
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
okay today I decided to do a little test with my v6. I got on the highway and reset my computer and then drove around 35 miles from my girlfriends place home. the highway here is up and down and does not have a lot of flat ground. i drove beween 85 and 95kmh (50 to 55 mph) just taking it easy. 85 up the hills and 95 down the hills. When i got home the computer told me I got 6.8l/100k or 41 MPG on the canadian gallon which is the equivalent of 34 MPG on an american gallon so I can now rest at peace and know that when the commercials on television say that the camaro can get up to 40 MPG they are not lying. All this and I have not installed my VARARAM yet as it is still too cold. today it was a little warmer than it has been in the past few days - around 34 F. I expect to get a bit better MPG with the Vararam. Considering they test cars for the estimated MPG on a Dyno at a consistant 55MPH I think I did rather well. I have proven that I can get good gas mileage if I want so now for some more fun
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #54
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
i average 20.7mpg in my 2013 2SS/RS
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #55
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
I average about 16-23 mpg...Idk how accurate it is. It's not instant mpg after all. I drive in M a lot, so that probably explains why I don't get great mileage.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #56
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
I average 11 mpg. And proud. Camaros are built for speed not for mpg. To compensate my jeep averages 20 mpg
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote