Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #29
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
And here in buffalo it appears to be good ol fashioned rock salt, and yeah theres 14" of snow so hey.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
People bitching about salt on the roads and People bitching about people who garage their cars for the winter..:upset:

People bitching about bitching!!

This place is funny sometimes. and my car is garaged, so enjoy the salt on your $30k-$40k Camaro..

I would love to have a V6 Camaro to run into the ground in the winter time cause then I just wouldn't care!!!

What is your hate with the V6 Camaro? You slam them all the time, You do know that they have more horsepower than the 1st gen Camaros V8's and would beat one stock to stock in a race? You do know that Indy racing league have used a DI V6 for years now and they get 500 -700 horsepower more than your SS and would whoop it in a race also, You do know that in a few years the Camaro will have these engines , What they do with these are amazing and slamming these cars post after post will not stop them from producing them and making them better than even your SS while getting twice as far on a tank full of gas, Cars move forward in design and concept not embracing it is foolish .:fighting0040:
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #31
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Dude relax!! Can't take a little ribbing? I have no problem with any car and I mean any car cause I don't care what one drives, it's not my money. And as far as what is faster that is just as stupid as the whole V6 vs V8 threads. Most people don't race them anyways so who cares. Drive what you like..

You obviously don't read all my threads just the ones to post this stupid response..

Read post #22

Being thin skinned is just as foolish!! Lighten up V6er..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Dude relax!! Can't take a little ribbing? I have no problem with any car and I mean any car cause I don't care what one drives, it's not my money. And as far as what is faster that is just as stupid as the whole V6 vs V8 threads. Most people don't race them anyways so who cares. Drive what you like..

You obviously don't read all my threads just the ones to post this stupid response..

Read post #22

Being thin skinned is just as foolish!! Lighten up V6er..
Lighten up V6er--LOL Now that is funny I think your posts are funny till i read the V6 slam , Hey for the money they are great, But i aint stopping there ,If the LS7 is coming out i got to get one of them !
Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Lighten up V6er--LOL Now that is funny I think your posts are funny till i read the V6 slam , Hey for the money they are great, But i aint stopping there ,If the LS7 is coming out i got to get one of them !

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #34
enyce0387

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs ls3
Smithtown checking in here and we definitely have a surplus of salty white roads to, as much as I baby my car wash it a couple times a week, park away from everyone I still drive it because at the end of the day it's a car and what the purpose of it sitting in my garage except for a few good days a year. I'm sure in a few years I'm going to buy another car this one wont be my last and what's the point of having a car if your not going to enjoy it.
enyce0387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #35
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce0387 View Post
Smithtown checking in here and we definitely have a surplus of salty white roads to, as much as I baby my car wash it a couple times a week, park away from everyone I still drive it because at the end of the day it's a car and what the purpose of it sitting in my garage except for a few good days a year. I'm sure in a few years I'm going to buy another car this one wont be my last and what's the point of having a car if your not going to enjoy it.
Agreed! I've had so many people tell me I should have purchased a beater car for the winter instead of snow tires, but I want to drive my car and enjoy it every day (and believe me, I do).
Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #36
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
^^^^^ Two very smart guys above ^^^^^
I'm not saving my Camaro for anyone. Drive and enjoy.
Keep it in the garage and watch it depreciate.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #37
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Utah Department of transportation is the same way. They LOVE to dump the salt on the roads here and then bitch that their salt budget is blown by mid January. It's excessive. It's so bad sometimes you can taste it in your mouth they dump so much and the dust is in the air. That's why I'm grateful to have another car I can drive in the winter months in here.
+1

Ny has been really stupid with this for years. They blow all the salt starting in December for any little dusting and then come late January they barely have any left. We had a 2-4 inch storm here about a week ago and there is still piles of salt on various roads. I've been stuck in bad storms before and the salt barely does anything.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
^^^^^ Two very smart guys above ^^^^^
I'm not saving my Camaro for anyone. Drive and enjoy.
Keep it in the garage and watch it depreciate.
sshhhh , They are great cars to buy used, my plan for moving up to a V8 , I want a garage queen for $20K 5000 miles ,with lots of mods about a year away i fiqure.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Yes, I want to chime in on the "sand" they use around here. It's not sand, it's fine gravel. Great for adding a bit of traction to snowpack but once the snowpack is gone and the roads dry out it turns into mini-projectiles. A semi blew by me last night and it was like someone threw a handful of gravel at me going 70. Every time that crap hits my truck I say to myself "Man I'm glad I'm not in the Camaro!" The windshield glass in my truck has about six chips in it. The paint.. we won't even go there.
^^^^THIS^^^^^

This is the biggest issue I have. I can keep the car clean from salt and stuff with regular washing but the "sand"!!!

You hit it right on the head. When the road clears up it flings up and just sand blasts you. We all know about the paint on these things... Every time I hear that "clink, ping, clank, tink" from that sand, Im glad Im in my truck and not the Camaro. Even though I DO miss driving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #40
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
Global Climate Change = Erratic Weather = More Snow = More Salt Spreading
Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Guys, we all like our Camaros.

But these are not fine works of art. They are not vintage exotics or rare cars. Everyone thinks "Well in 40 years....". Think about that. If you're twenty, in 40 years you'll be 60. Who is driving your fossil fueled car in 2053? Nobody. I played with classic cars for a few decades. You try to get a classic that's old, so then you don't have to wait until you're an old man before you have a classic

My car is a new Chevy. I don't like salt and sand, and I hate my car being dirty.

But my car is a Chevy. Right now, a dirty Chevy. I'd be pretty up in arms about the anti-skid personally, but around here they don't do that. Cars simply don't rust out the way they did 40 years ago, today.

We have cool cars. But we have...Chevies. Cars. Don't stress so much about them
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #42
JimAlan

Drives: Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Hi,

What's a salt spreader?

Yours truly,

Houston, TX
Here in TX they are called sand spreaders. I just wish there was a way to remove it the next day as it is dry and all over the road causing our performance tires loose their grip.
JimAlan is offline   Reply With Quote