Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #29
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Checked these ZL1 1LE’s out about a month ago. Mentioned to a saleman to get them off the front row before the snow and salt, unfortunately it didnt happen.
That happens to that dealer every year. They seem to always place the Camaro's or corvette's right there. I will never buy a car from them because of the clear and blatant negligence.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #30
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Oof that's a sad sight.

I started looking at Camaro's last February. Stopped by the one dealer here in MN near me that showed a 1LE in inventory. It had obviously been on the lot all winter. Cracked tires, sand and mud dragged into the interior from the lot guys moving it around. To top it all off, they wouldn't even deal on it...
Old 12-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #31
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
The issue really isnt the cleanliness of the cars, but the R compound tires sitting out in fairly poor weather conditions (super cold).

With that said, my 1LE will never even see rain, so to see this is quite alarming ha. I would totally understand a new owners frustration to see their car like this.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #32
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
My bad phrased it wrong.
Maybe call it, "Tears in my Eyes". It is a sin that those cars are being abused like that. I got lucky and mine was made in January and shipped to North Texas and bought it in March.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #33
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Alright, everyone start calling the sales department to see what deals they are gonna give for those shit snowed/salted out, tires ruined Camaros as well as raise some hell about how they store their cars so future customers don't fall in to this trap. A shame to say the least...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #34
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I could 100% for sure care less. I unfortunately have a 2 car garage at my house and usually 1 of my cars along with my new F150 stays outside and it's just not a big deal to me. They are disposable cars meant to be driven hard and enjoyed. I'm too poor to have something this expensive (Zl1, ctsv, and Z06) to barely drive, and sit in my garage covered. If I wanted something to cherish and stare at without enjoying I would have bought a Picasso painting. Ppl always ask me ( locals in the Mexico league) why do I daily my cars instead of getting a beater and using that instead of putting wear and tear on my 3. My answer is always the same (bought em to use em) and not at a track.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #35
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I could 100% for sure care less. I unfortunately have a 2 car garage at my house and usually 1 of my cars along with my new F150 stays outside and it's just not a big deal to me. They are disposable cars meant to be driven hard and enjoyed. I'm too poor to have something this expensive (Zl1, ctsv, and Z06) to barely drive, and sit in my garage covered. If I wanted something to cherish and stare at without enjoying I would have bought a Picasso painting. Ppl always ask me ( locals in the Mexico league) why do I daily my cars instead of getting a beater and using that instead of putting wear and tear on my 3. My answer is always the same (bought em to use em) and not at a track.
Easy to say when you live in an area with no salt on the roads. Try comparing the rocker panels on a 15 year old Chevy that spent its winter months in IL and a similar one in Texas. You folks have cloudy headlights, faded interiors and paint and 200k miles. Here we have surface rust frames and rotted out rocker panels and 100k miles. A garaged vehicle in Texas won’t suffer some of that but in IL it still gonna rust out the rockers if driven. No hate towards you, just putting in perspective. When I get my ZL1, I will daily it, just not in the winter or when salt on the roads.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #36
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
I don’t think this is an argument about using the car, but rather actual damage to the tires being the compound they are made of...particularly the 1LEs
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #37
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
I wouldn’t buy a ZL1 that was sitting in the snow like in the PIC. I would never drive a ZL1 in the snow or with salt on the roads.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #38
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
To each their own. But to me, here in NJ, it is common to see cars covered in snow like this. Heck both of my cars were covered in snow. It happens just about every year. None of my cars have had harmful effects from this. Not the tires, not the aluminum, nothing. So to me it isn't a big deal. Would I buy one of those? Absolutely. They are fantastic cars to say the least. Having snow on them for a day or two or even a week won't harm them one bit. Either way someone will buy it and be happy.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote