#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
How you guys kiss up to AL, just amazes me!!

Same guy talking about launch control in the 1st article, is the same guy, who refuses to fix our M6 launching problem.

Unbelievable.
It seems obvious to me at least that you've never met or talked to Al.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 PM   #16
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
How you guys kiss up to AL, just amazes me!!

Same guy talking about launch control in the 1st article, is the same guy, who refuses to fix our M6 launching problem.

Unbelievable.
Well, let's see how he answers us this next week or so. I'm nervous what the response is gonna be, but still somewhat optimistic. I'll be crushed if his response is "sorry, can't help".

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
DJ127

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Well, let's see how he answers us this next week or so. I'm nervous what the response is gonna be, but still somewhat optimistic. I'll be crushed if his response is "sorry, can't help".
I don't have much confidence in a clear cut explanation either. With the way they handled the original correspondence with Travis and the data logger from his car I have a feeling we’re going to either get a very “Lawyer type” response or a bunch of techno babble that says alot and nothing at the same time. God I hope I’m wrong!!!
DJ127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ127 View Post
I don't have much confidence in a clear cut explanation either. With the way they handled the original correspondence with Travis and the data logger from his car I have a feeling we’re going to either get a very “Lawyer type” response or a bunch of techno babble that says alot and nothing at the same time. God I hope I’m wrong!!!
+1

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #19
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
It seems obvious to me at least that you've never met or talked to Al.
Actions speak louder than words, He left us stranded.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #20
HDRDTD

Quote:
Actions speak louder than words, He left us stranded.
Just because they haven't solved the problem to your satisfaction yet does NOT mean they are not aware of the issue nor does it mean they are not working on a solution just because Al hasn't said anything about it yet.

As being someone that lives in the metro Detroit area and belongs to the local Detroit5thgen Camaro club, I run into GM employees all the time. Our club has many members that work at GM's Tech Center in Warren Mi.

If you ask ANY of the GM employee's about work-related issues, they will NOT give an answer. GM is extremely strict about things like this for many reasons.

I have met Al many times, and he is a very down to earth guy that will talk to you about Camaro's in general all day long.

However, as a GM employee, especially in a position as he has, he is extremely limited in what he can talk about in public. As you can tell by his interviews posted about, he can and will speak in generalities, but not specific facts usually.

The most often answer you'll get from a GM employee will be a smile and the words, 'Interesting'

Odds are, Al and his team are ware of the issues you describe and are investigating yet, but won't/can't reveal anything just yet.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #21
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Just because they haven't solved the problem to your satisfaction yet does NOT mean they are not aware of the issue nor does it mean they are not working on a solution just because Al hasn't said anything about it yet.

As being someone that lives in the metro Detroit area and belongs to the local Detroit5thgen Camaro club, I run into GM employees all the time. Our club has many members that work at GM's Tech Center in Warren Mi.

If you ask ANY of the GM employee's about work-related issues, they will NOT give an answer. GM is extremely strict about things like this for many reasons.

I have met Al many times, and he is a very down to earth guy that will talk to you about Camaro's in general all day long.

However, as a GM employee, especially in a position as he has, he is extremely limited in what he can talk about in public. As you can tell by his interviews posted about, he can and will speak in generalities, but not specific facts usually.

The most often answer you'll get from a GM employee will be a smile and the words, 'Interesting'

Odds are, Al and his team are ware of the issues you describe and are investigating yet, but won't/can't reveal anything just yet.
You can stick up for him all day long. I'm sure he is a very nice guy. But every time I hear him say the ZL1 is a triple threat I want to puke. Dual threat sure, Triple and using STRIP in that sentence is pure BS. I don't expect him to say, oh yeah we messed up the software and we will fix it in public. I DO expect him to get the ball rolling internally to get it fixed. And right now its almost a year and no fix. So I will not praise him like the rest of the people here.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #22
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
We’re gonna keep tinkering around with it. Wouldn’t it be cool to see a Camaro under 7:00 at the Nurburgring? I’d like to see it.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:25 PM   #23
HDRDTD

Quote:
You can stick up for him all day long. I'm sure he is a very nice guy. But every time I hear him say the ZL1 is a triple threat I want to puke. Dual threat sure, Triple and using STRIP in that sentence is pure BS. I don't expect him to say, oh yeah we messed up the software and we will fix it in public. I DO expect him to get the ball rolling internally to get it fixed. And right now its almost a year and no fix. So I will not praise him like the rest of the people here.
Fair enough.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #24
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
While I am basically with Bobby on this, I'm for slowing down the rhetoric and giving Al a chance to give us an answer. I appreciate him for participating in the Ask Al forum and hope we get an answer for this topic that is beneficial for those of us experiencing this. Looking forward to getting this addressed once and for all. If not, I'm sure we will go from there.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #25
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
While I am basically with Bobby on this, I'm for slowing down the rhetoric and giving Al a chance to give us an answer. I appreciate him for participating in the Ask Al forum and hope we get an answer for this topic that is beneficial for those of us experiencing this. Looking forward to getting this addressed once and for all. If not, I'm sure we will go from there.
Anyone know when Al will send us a response?
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #26
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
bump
Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #27
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
It's just whenever they have time to put the response together and get it sent back to the moderators. It could be tomorrow or it could be a month from now.

I felt like they did a really good job with the responses to the first two questions. With this question, they know it's a sensitive topic and expectations are higher than ever. I expect they'll take their time to give us the best response they can give us.

We're all eager, but we have to do our best to be patient.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #28
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
I think Al and team Camaro are good to go they brought us the best ZL1 Camaro made to date and the ZL1 1LE is a beast for a pony car.