Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #43
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedLT1 View Post
I'm sure you guys would be more than happy considering I've already turned down one offer from GM since filing a claim with the BBB. I'm done dealing with a company who doesn't care about their products.
Like I said in a previous post and what pisses me off is GM still builds and sells cars with known problems and that really sucks, people buying 2017 camaros are experiencing some of the same issues in the 2016 camaros. GM does not seem to care enough to fix the issues.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
GM does not seem to care enough to fix the issues.
That's a big assumption. It may seem like it...especially if your car (or others) are acting up while we sit here typing...But for what it's worth - I happen to know that they do care quite a bit...

There are dozens of examples of running fixes that they've done for these cars over the years when an issue manifests. Generally they're pretty quick about it. Sometimes, it takes a bit longer.

If this problem is, indeed, a software problem; it's likely not something that can be cooked up in a day or even a week. And if it was released this way, it's possible something was missed that needs to be retested.

I hope for a quick solution for you guys. Hang in there.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
I may have a similar issue, at first I never noticed it until one day the car was pulling left slightly and I glanced down at the steering wheel position and it was off by 1-3 degrees to the left. Hasn't pulled right yet, I thought it was because of the ruts/crown of the road however; for me (I think) it is a alignment issue, as my 5gen 1LE didn't do this on the same roads with bigger tires. I talked to my local dealer about it and they're going to align/reset the steering when I bring it in. The weather isn't favorable to be driving the car here right now, so maybe next month. When I get the steering fixed I will post here again on my findings, fixed or not.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #46
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
My 1le pulls all over the place but mainly when I'm in track mode which stiffens the steering... Like almost going from power steering to manual steering. Guessing it's the 285 tires up front that add to it too. Makes you feel like you are apart of the road.
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #47
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrakcer View Post
I may have a similar issue, at first I never noticed it until one day the car was pulling left slightly and I glanced down at the steering wheel position and it was off by 1-3 degrees to the left. Hasn't pulled right yet, I thought it was because of the ruts/crown of the road however; for me (I think) it is a alignment issue, as my 5gen 1LE didn't do this on the same roads with bigger tires. I talked to my local dealer about it and they're going to align/reset the steering when I bring it in. The weather isn't favorable to be driving the car here right now, so maybe next month. When I get the steering fixed I will post here again on my findings, fixed or not.
Have you had any luck at the dealership?

My car is still indexed to the left about 3-5 degrees and I have to constantly pull the car to the right to go straight when it should be the other way. On the interstate (its concrete here so no worries about tramlining) if I let go of the steering wheel in either lane it will pull me to the median. Dealer says its "normal" and said the alignment is good.

Im taking it in again in a few weeks for the second oil change and will say something again but I need more concrete stuff for them to recalibrate the steering.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #48
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
There is a fix in the works for this... Issue with the electric steering. Tell your dealers to reference information bulletin #PIC6256 as it will give them information for a temporary repair until updated software is available.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #49
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Have you had any luck at the dealership?

My car is still indexed to the left about 3-5 degrees and I have to constantly pull the car to the right to go straight when it should be the other way. On the interstate (its concrete here so no worries about tramlining) if I let go of the steering wheel in either lane it will pull me to the median. Dealer says its "normal" and said the alignment is good.

Im taking it in again in a few weeks for the second oil change and will say something again but I need more concrete stuff for them to recalibrate the steering.
No sorry, nothing yet, the car is still in storage. But I will be getting it out by March 1 the latest, and bringing her in soon after. So I should have some good news to report early in March, I hope.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #50
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
There is a fix in the works for this... Issue with the electric steering. Tell your dealers to reference information bulletin #PIC6256 as it will give them information for a temporary repair until updated software is available.
What does the temp repair do?
Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #51
JohnE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS / 1SS
Just thought I'd share that I had the same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. My car is a '16 SS and has just over 2000 miles. The car pulled to the right. If you let go of the steering wheel it would want to rotate to the right. Didn't read this thread til now, but I also thought at the time that it felt like a software issue, not mechanical.

I kind of assumed it was in the electric steering rack. The problem went away after about maybe 5-10 minutes. I checked the tire pressures and they were all equal.

-John
JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #52
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
I love you!!!! Haha
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 AM   #53
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
February (Preliminary Information Bulletin) ... #PIC6256 - Intermittent Pull Or Hard Steering While Driving
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #54
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
What does the temp repair do?
Requires doing a relearn of the steering angle sensor and also other learned values in the power steering control module. It's a temporary fix and will not repair the condition. Real fix will be a software update unless that changes.

Last edited by TedJS; 02-23-2017 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Update! :-)
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #55
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmetc89 View Post
I've owned Camaros before. Older gens,1991 1994 and a 93 firebird then. I just traded in a Kia Forte Koup for this SS..so maybe I'm still adjusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a sweet upgrade. I'm having the same issue with my ZL1 usually at slow speed when turning it feels like the power steering stops working for a split second, then it's ok. I've had several performance cars and never felt anything quite like this. I'm going to monitor it for awhile if it continues, time for a trip to the dealer, not a fan of that....
VAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #56
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
February (Preliminary Information Bulletin) ... #PIC6256 - Intermittent Pull Or Hard Steering While Driving
Can't wait for the fix....
VAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote