Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
I said I wouldn't go Black; Got Mosaic... said no FI; Going BLOWN! Build Thread

First and foremost... special shoutouts to a few people:
1. Sledgehammer70... Mat; you were a huge help in getting me comfortable with jumping off the deep end on my first chevy in the first place. Was a ford guy prior to the gen6 SS so I was wary.
2. JDP Motorsports... Jordan. You're the man. I send the longest most detailed (annoying to read) emails... You powered through them and we made a deal. I appreciate all your time spent.
3.Procharger (Erik). All your expert weigh ins, your posts, your threads, pms... You sold the product well for what it is (best bang for your buck FI setup with least amount of invasion, all just my own opinion based on what I read)
4. AC Fabrications, Jannetty racing, ADM performance, and New Era Tuning (Alex namely) for dealing with me initially when I was feeling around for setups.

This will be the official build thread. I'll be covering as much as I can while we put this thing together over at True Bliss Customs in Canoga Park, CA. I'll do my best to include high res pictures and video as needed. I'll be doing a summary of the time we spend on the build, up to and including the tuning/final numbers. Followed by a few follow ups regarding how the car handles the power for a daily driver (soon to change), how I feel after the changes as after the first month, and first few months. And to answer any questions while things progress.

The mod list itself will consist of:
P1SC with 3.7 pulley + helical gear upgrade (Changed to D1SC + helical gear)
Stage 2 intercooler upgrade
NGK TR7iX
Alky Meth kit (for moar boosts)
Eibach Pro-Kit (lol)

Car is bone stock otherwise minus a currently hacked together offroad midpipe which will be modified to look better.

Shooting for over 600whp. We'll see where we land on a safe tune.

Sub up if you care to follow .

For now, we wait for delivery. >:|

Last edited by exxit; 03-24-2017 at 01:28 PM.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #2
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Why does everyone get helical gears??
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #3
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
The whine is too much for my taste, its a very specific noise. Not like a PD where it sounds sweet. But i guess its just opinion
Old 02-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #4
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Thank you for sharing and good luck with your build!
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
We're looking forward to following your build! Thank you for choosing JDP for your parts needs and we appreciate your business!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
Strait cut gears have a pretty noticable "rattle" at idle.
It can be cool at the track, but a little annoying when sitting in the drivethrough, LOL

To me the helical is the perfect amount of blower whistle for a daily driver. "Car people" will know something is up, and give you a thumbs up... but keeps the guy at the stop light from saying "Hey dude, I think somethings broken" LOL.

I rock a GMC truck with 22x,xxx miles on it with a helical blower.
Poor truck has had 5 different blowers on it, and still rocking stock motor, trans, and even converters (don't really know how thats possible, but hey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
We're looking forward to following your build! Thank you for choosing JDP for your parts needs and we appreciate your business!
Great shop here, and great group of guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
3.Procharger (Erik). All your expert weigh ins, your posts, your threads, pms... You sold the product well for what it is (best bang for your buck FI setup with least amount of invasion, all just my own opinion based on what I read)

Dude, this post made my DAY! Thanks man....
Can't wait to see results, and I know you will "blow away" your power goals. yes.... pun intended.

Happy boostin!
Erik
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Yeah, luckily you tube had a video of straight cut vs helica. I went helica all the way. 100 dollars well worth to eliminate that crazy noise like marbles being shaken in a tin can. Helica perfect!!!! Can't wait to crank it for the first time next week!!!
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #8
exxit

And so it begins... Now to line up the tune and install. Get this show on the road.

Further details:

Changed head unit to D1SC with 4.25 pulley (knowing myself I will eventually push this build farther) Procharger rep said about 9.5psi. Should get me past my goal
Old 03-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #9
exxit

All parts are in. Tune date has been scheduled for next week on the 18th.

Tore open the meth kit yesterday to confirm part list. That's going to be a fun one! Has anyone installed an Alky kit on the gen6 here? What was your experience? So far one person said it was an 8 hour ordeal (lol) and took some tweaking and readjusting to fit correctly under the passenger side fender. I'll do my best to be extremely detailed during our install and include any weird walls we hit on the way.

Otherwise, build thread gets updated with real content starting Thursday of next week and the updates should slowly trickle in up until Saturday (tune date) with a final first drive video likely with a PoV gopro.

Stay tuned peeps.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #10
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
All parts are in. Tune date has been scheduled for next week on the 18th.

Tore open the meth kit yesterday to confirm part list. That's going to be a fun one! Has anyone installed an Alky kit on the gen6 here? What was your experience? So far one person said it was an 8 hour ordeal (lol) and took some tweaking and readjusting to fit correctly under the passenger side fender. I'll do my best to be extremely detailed during our install and include any weird walls we hit on the way.

Otherwise, build thread gets updated with real content starting Thursday of next week and the updates should slowly trickle in up until Saturday (tune date) with a final first drive video likely with a PoV gopro.

Stay tuned peeps.

use isolators when mounting the meth pump they can tend to be loud
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
use isolators when mounting the meth pump they can tend to be loud
One of the installers mentioned that clearance is an issue when putting any sort of spacer between the pump and the frame. Maybe we can rig up some sort of cushion but the result of having the pump come out even that much farther is a bulge in the fender -_-
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #12
exxit

Got the car dialed in....

Numbers are in...

629/587 on a dynocom

Haven't had time to add notes but took many pictures and will add notes/post stuff this weekend. Been a crazy few days.

Overall impressed, car drives wonderfully so far. Trying to get a grip of how much meth it'll be sipping on with normal driving, will report that here as it becomes apparent.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #13
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Congrats on getting the supercharger done. How much boost did the D1SC end up putting out with the 4.25" pulley?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #14
V8SS

Drives: 2017 M6 NFG
Congrats! Let's see a dyne chart!
V8SS is offline   Reply With Quote