Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #43
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I guess I've been slacking! I've missed a few posts. LOL

The ECM has no mechanism to utilize a wideband sensor. I wish!

If you use the CA delete pipes the secondary bung locations are perfectly fine. I ran my WB there with no issue. Headers is where you will start to see some deltas at idle and very low flow rate. But nothing that can't be accommodated.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #44
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Wooo!

Anyone have experience with the AEM Failsafe gauges? I would like to consolidate the two into one pod (second pod gets in the way of the already crappy visibility imo).

I understand the failsafe trigger built in may take some finesse to get working right, but my main intrigue is the ability to show both boost and AFR on one gauge.

Your 2 cents is appreciated.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #45
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Wooo!

Anyone have experience with the AEM Failsafe gauges? I would like to consolidate the two into one pod (second pod gets in the way of the already crappy visibility imo).

I understand the failsafe trigger built in may take some finesse to get working right, but my main intrigue is the ability to show both boost and AFR on one gauge.

Your 2 cents is appreciated.
I had one and it worked great for logging on my twin turbo 1LE. However as a guage is was a bit useless other than glancing at the boost level. My larger readout boost controller was more useful driving. The Failsafe part of the guage was cool but abrupt throttle changes sometimes set if off just with a tiny spike in the log. I suppose if you are fooling with A/F on the fly yourself it could be useful.

I like the piggyback AEM sensor Tim is selling for logging. It's cheaper. But I will just put it in the glove compartment as I will let Tim drive the tune.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #46
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I finally got around to installing the AEM WB guage. The post is here if it helps anyone.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...em#post9748290

My glovebox idea did not work out. Maybe that is for the best. Fuse #33 in the trunk is switched. And I grounded near the firewall on the engine side through the sound tube cover.