Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #211
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
1LE w/ LS7 option would be great, but wait that would be what a Z28 would be. The 1LE suspension package has also been an option on the Z28 in the past for many years. lol!
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #212
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
1LE w/ LS7 option would be great, but wait that would be what a Z28 would be. The 1LE suspension package has also been an option on the Z28 in the past for many years. lol!
True, but that was when the SS was dead and there was only the Z28. The name Z28 became so watered down it really didn't mean what it originally did. A street legal track car.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #213
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Something to think about:

We must pass strict 'drive-by' noise standards........it's a federal law and several communities (Cook County Illinois comes to mind) are somewhat more stringent. Therefore, no ones' stock exhaust systems sound as 'robust' as they'd like.

You ask us for 'loud' exhaust systems. We can't provide them on a new vehicle. However, there are many exhaust systems out there that are for 'off-road' use. (meaning that you must be careful of where you drive....)

Forget what the mule looks like. We don't go out an put a new camaro (or Corvette or Silverado or whatever) into service every time we develop something...rather, we reuse mules. So forget the front clip. That car is very likely a car built in 2008 or 2009.......

that particular car may very well have sounded like a V8 because we are constantly working on performance parts for YOUR Camaros as you ask for more stuff.

OR - it was a V6 perhaps and they didn't really hear it.
Thank you for keeping things in perspective.
I know it must be the absolute best job in the world working on stuff like this!

I got a chance to talk with David Ross at the GM display at the proving grounds when the Power Tour kicked off.
I could have talked to him all day, and I am sure he had a very long (but enjoyable) day that day.
His excitement about this car was just bubbling out.

One of the GM guys driving the ZL1 in the hotel parking lot at the Muskegon stop went out of his way talking to me about that car.
He specifically mentioned those "drive-by" noise standards, and how the ZL1 was able to meet them.
You guys do an amazing job.

It has to be hard hearing all the internet forum rumors, and not being able to "correct" some of the misinformation.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #214
Rapid Runner

Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
V6 1le ?
Second this!
Rapid Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #215
Steve83ta

Drives: 1998 Trans Am / 2018 Camaro SS
My vote is for the LT1

While we can all guess till the cows come home of why this throw back Iver from 2008 or 2009. I say I must lean toward its an LT1 prototype. Like GearBangr said

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBangr View Post
It could be an LT1 under there for all we know. Testing for gen 6 purposes or for end of gen 5 switchout. But I do like to think its an LS7
And we all Love when the Fbodfather chimes in to spice up the thread.

But here is something interesting I found on our sister site about that LT1 Engine

Look closly at the vehicles it will be going in, in the near future. Its the engine will be in the Camaro within a year testing has to begin now.

This is a great read on what will be in the next generation of the ls series, still a lot in common even if the name is offically LT1

The artical is a great read, check the rest of it out at Sister site http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366

Steve83ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #216
2010rjt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue SS
How can we assume it's an LS7?
2010rjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #217
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot02Z28 View Post
How can we assume it's an LS7?
Speculation based on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
In case you missed it, the 2014 Camaro was recently discovered with an LS7 engine option [full details].
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #218
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Great....another way to make the camaro more expensive than it already is. What they should do is make this a Z28 option only, where you get cloth seats, no nav, no heated seats, no retarded options. Base car with a big engine. But we all know that won't happen.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #219
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I think the problem is that the market for that car is quite small... Too many people have been spoiled by having all of the creature comforts in the world and still go fast. When I was younger the ONLY way to go was strip it down to nothing and stuff the biggest motor you could. These days the fastest cars are absolute bisons... Think about the Bugatti Veyron. It weighs what? Almost 4200lbs?

Personally a stripped down car with a big engine stopped appealing to me 10+ years ago. I would love a 1LE with a 7.0L I want more TQ than the LS7 offers though.

I've always wondered why when you get over 450HP the TQ starts lagging on LS motors. I mean think about it the LS3 is essentially even at 425HP/425FTLBS. But the LS7 is at what 505HP and 470FTLBS? Where did those 30FTLB go?
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #220
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Never seen so many people get so worked up over nothing. Those pics show a yellow camaro. That's it. Big deal.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #221
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Never seen so many people get so worked up over nothing. Those pics show a yellow camaro. That's it. Big deal.
Welcome to the internet my friend.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #222
Steve83ta

Drives: 1998 Trans Am / 2018 Camaro SS
This kind of guessing game is Fun.. Its been a while since a major powertrain change and if it is... That means the RED shunt is BACK!
Steve83ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #223
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I don't see what the hype is all about. You can't tell anything about what's under the hood from the couple of photos provided.

For all we know, they are testing the new turbo 4 cylinder for the upcoming "ST" model.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #224
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
Z28 is not on the plan for 2014.

Moreover, I cant understand why everyone is anxious for the Z28, it was nothing before and I dont see a reason for GM to make it something .