Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #603
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Should be some good episodes coming up!!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #604
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Yep. I have forgotten what happened to Anagla(the blond)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #605
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I can't wait for the Daryl - Rick and Tyreese - Rick conversations!

I could see Daryl taking off to go and find Carol to bring her back.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #606
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Next week's episode, originally called "Rise" (I think they changed it to "Live Bait"), should give you a clue who it'll be centered around. The theme of the next couple few episodes is to frame what's happened to the Gov between the time he goes nuts on the road and shoots everyone from the last prison attack to the time we see him at the edge of the prison last night. Interestingly, if you've followed the comics, there should be some familiar names surfacing.

I believe the episode name change was because of Kirkman's "Rise/Fall" Governor off shoot novels of how he came to be in the first place and didn't want to confuse people with the name perhaps. Probably could have called next episode "re-rise" to be more accurate. Have to admit, the Governor is one bad-ass dude you just love to hate.

Should see a few new faces:

Audrey Marie Anderson (L....)

Alanna Masterson (T...)

Meyrick Murphy (M.....)

This is going to be a GREAT season ahead!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774

Last edited by el ess A; 11-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #607
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Next week's episode, originally called "Rise" (I think they changed it to "Live Bait"), should give you a clue who it'll be centered around. The theme of the next couple few episodes is to frame what's happened to the Gov between the time he goes nuts on the road and shoots everyone from the last prison attack to the time we see him at the edge of the prison last night. Interestingly, if you've followed the comics, there should be some familiar names surfacing.

I believe the episode name change was because of Kirkman's "Rise/Fall" Governor off shoot novels of how he came to be in the first place and didn't want to confuse people with the name perhaps. Probably could have called next episode "re-rise" to be more accurate. Have to admit, the Governor is one bad-ass dude you just love to hate.

Should see a few new faces:

Audrey Marie Anderson (L....)

Interesting. She was on the TV show The Unit a few years ago. That'll be another attractive face to compete against Lauren Cohan (also )

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #608
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Damn that was a good episode.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #609
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Waiting for the re-rerun at 12 and i was just curious how many of y'all like this show....whats yall's favorite character?

My favorite is Rick especially bc this season for being more of a good leader and not taking sh*t from his wife...

My brother got me hooked over the summer time. I liked it so much I watched season 1&2 you in a week. I bought season 3 and watch that in two days.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #610
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Interesting episode! Is the governor really going to change for the good?
I know last weeks show, he was looking at the prison, this week I guess was leading up to that!
Should get exciting when his new "family" get there!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #611
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
This episode had me biting my nails (figuratively). Just waiting for the moment the governor was going to snap. Next week's show looks to be very interesting. The governor likes to play angles and keeps his cards close to his chest. Can't wait to see where this all goes!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #612
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
OK, seriously?
Is it just me?
I mean this show is good from the drama standpoint, but how come they cannot EVER write a good show that also shows correct tactical deployment of firearms?
Maybe its just me, but everytime I watch this show i am rolling my eyes about every 2 minutes as mistake after mistake is made,
For example:
OK, so:
-They are roughly 18 months- 2 years into the zombie outbreak.
-All factory production has ceased to exist, so the only bullets you can get are either handloads, reloads, or what you can scrounge.
-This means bullets would be one of the most valuable commodity.
Wouldn't it be a point of logic to ONLY shoot zombies if absolutely necessary? Because it uses a bullet, and makes a lot of noise.

The first episode, when they are raiding the store, the one girl has an MP5, yet she is shooting full auto or bursts, not carefully squeazing off headshots one at a time.

also, how come during the first season at the CDC, they showed how an infected person's brain dies and only the brain stem remains active, yet ANY head wound is fatal to a zombie? If what the CDC showed is consistent, then you would need to hit the brain stem, or the spine to effect a zombie.

Anyone else out there that has a Mil/LEO background? Does this piss you off too? please chime in.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #613
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
OK, seriously?
Is it just me?
Yes. It's just you. If you get wrapped up in all the technical inaccuracies of the deal you're missing the entire point of the show. ENTERTAINMENT. There's a whole lot of inaccuracies you can pick apart, but I'm satisfied with letting the story unfold as is.

I fail to see the complaint about inaccuracies as far as weapons, as compared to the far-fetched concept of zombies in the first place. I guess the zombie part's feasible?

I've seen it in military movie after military movie as well. It doesn't piss me off. Actually, the inaccurate tactical aspect is fine because if movies spilled all the accurate stuff, that would borderline on tipping our hands to potential enemies in how the military fights.

Relax a minute and take in the holistic storyline. Be like the Governor and try to get your past behind you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #614
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Next week's tip-

Confucius say: Man who play golf with Governor end up with hole in one...or being one in hole.

So if anyone's seen the Talking Dead show right after, David Morrisey was on there (the Governor) and there was talk about how, potentially, him and Rick will "team up" since both have changed and now the Gov wants to protect Lilly and Meghan at all costs. Anyone think this is even remotely possible?

And when is Carol going to show back up? You know she can't be far off. Do you think she'll team up with the Governor's new group or do you think she's long gone?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #615
pilldoctor

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT RS
I think the governor is going to get with this new group, realize he cant keep his new "family" safe with them, then try to drop them off at the prison for safe keeping.
pilldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #616
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
OK, seriously?
Is it just me?
I mean this show is good from the drama standpoint, but how come they cannot EVER write a good show that also shows correct tactical deployment of firearms?
Maybe its just me, but everytime I watch this show i am rolling my eyes about every 2 minutes as mistake after mistake is made,
For example:
OK, so:
-They are roughly 18 months- 2 years into the zombie outbreak.
-All factory production has ceased to exist, so the only bullets you can get are either handloads, reloads, or what you can scrounge.
-This means bullets would be one of the most valuable commodity.
Wouldn't it be a point of logic to ONLY shoot zombies if absolutely necessary? Because it uses a bullet, and makes a lot of noise.

The first episode, when they are raiding the store, the one girl has an MP5, yet she is shooting full auto or bursts, not carefully squeazing off headshots one at a time.

also, how come during the first season at the CDC, they showed how an infected person's brain dies and only the brain stem remains active, yet ANY head wound is fatal to a zombie? If what the CDC showed is consistent, then you would need to hit the brain stem, or the spine to effect a zombie.

Anyone else out there that has a Mil/LEO background? Does this piss you off too? please chime in.
As far as the tactics are concerned, not everyone in the show has tactical training. They're just Joe Schmoe's who were lucky to not get bit in the initial wave of zombie attacks. So, no, it doesn't bother me that some untrained citizen is going full auto. Would I personally do things differently if I were in the same scenario? Sure. But it doesn't strike me as unrealistic in any way.

And then with the whole brain stem issue, I imagine that any trauma to the brain will do the trick. Have you ever watched a slow-motion video of a bullet hitting a watermelon? Even if you only hit the top half of the melon, the bottom half is still going to receive a pretty significant amount of trauma.

It's not like you're a sniper trying to hit the apricot with the intent of rendering the target completely immobile to prevent an involuntary trigger squeeze. You just need to shock the system enough to kill that last little bit of brain activity.

Of all the inaccuracies on the show, those two are actually not even on my list. I have a bigger issue with using a baseball bat or mag-lite as suppressor's.

I'd be a whole lot happier if they used plastic soda bottles stuffed with foam instead...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote