Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
tough times get tougher

back in April (april 7th 2011 to be exct) my husband was dianosed with fybromaliaga (easiest way to explain it is that he is always in pain) so we knew it was just a matter of time before the Military will retire him.

That started to happen in July of 2011 he was no longer able to go play (he is a reservist that works civil service during the week) so we lost some money there. Well just after the holidays we got a letter from them telling him it was offical, they were retiring him finally.
but the VA is retiring him medically & the air force is just retiring him (he has been in the military for 26yrs). with the Military retiring him, he knew it was just a matter of time before the civil service will let him go to, but we though we had a year, a couple weeks ago we got the news. Not a year but months before he loses everything.
Most people would say look at it as a new beginning or a step forward, but when you have done something all your adult life (hes only 45 & started hiar s military life a year after high school) its hard to start over.

yes he will still get some paid, some medical, but its not what we have grown accustom to.

so we started thinning out the heard of cars & I have put college off to the side one more time to try to pick up some money to make sure the bills are paid & our daughter can keep her horse (luckly We dont have to pay for feed & board for him since he is down with family).

We will be ok though, its just a matter of time, before we are back on our feet.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
back in April (april 7th 2011 to be exct) my husband was dianosed with fybromaliaga (easiest way to explain it is that he is always in pain) so we knew it was just a matter of time before the Military will retire him.

That started to happen in July of 2011 he was no longer able to go play (he is a reservist that works civil service during the week) so we lost some money there. Well just after the holidays we got a letter from them telling him it was offical, they were retiring him finally.
but the VA is retiring him medically & the air force is just retiring him (he has been in the military for 26yrs). with the Military retiring him, he knew it was just a matter of time before the civil service will let him go to, but we though we had a year, a couple weeks ago we got the news. Not a year but months before he loses everything.

yes he will still get some paid, some medical, but its not what we have grown accustom to.

so we started thinning out the heard of cars & I have put college off to the side one more time to try to pick up some money to make sure the bills are paid & our daughter can keep her horse (luckly We dont have to pay for feed & board for him since he is down with family).

We will be ok though, its just a matter of time, before we are back on our feet.
Very Upsetting I wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Hopefully he can get a contracting bid with some contractors for the government.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Very Upsetting I wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Hopefully he can get a contracting bid with some contractors for the government.
THat is going to be very hard due to the meds he is on. He takes 4 Oxycodone a day.

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
make sure he files a claim with the VA as soon as he gets out.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFERGY 2011 RJT View Post
make sure he files a claim with the VA as soon as he gets out.
He has a claim with va thats why we knows the va is doing a medical retirement & the military is not he filed back in July of last year

Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Would he be eligible for Social Security Disability also? If he worked Civil Service ... that is a state job right ...just a thought ...
That can be a long process to get... and there maybe some off set if he is on a state disability retirement.
If one gets on SSD than after a waiting period you are also eligible for Medicare to help with medical costs.
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by got adrenalin? View Post
Would he be eligible for Social Security Disability also? If he worked Civil Service ... that is a state job right ...just a thought ...
That can be a long process to get... and there maybe some off set if he is on a state disability retirement.
If one gets on SSD than after a waiting period you are also eligible for Medicare to help with medical costs.
No civil service is Federal
He was told that he can go for SSD but will be denied the first time around.
but if he finds another job then he will lose that as well, We will be looking at everything we can do.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

In NY civil service is a state job .... get the application ASAP ... it is very long ... and when you fill out ... the most important thing to emphasize on all your answers is what he can't do now ... and not what he can do ...
Its not impossible to get it the first time you apply ...
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by got adrenalin? View Post
In NY civil service is a state job .... get the application ASAP ... it is very long ... and when you fill out ... the most important thing to emphasize on all your answers is what he can't do now ... and not what he can do ...
Its not impossible to get it the first time you apply ...
He works for the Air force as a Civian, & he can not do anything until his retirement goes all the way through on both ends.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
is he in a union at his fed job?
many unions have info on disability benefits or know of disability lawyers that can help (the non-ambulance chasing kind).
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Hey KB,
I helped 3 of my friends fill out the SSDI forms .... and all 3 got approved 1st time in only 3-6months ...
I worked many years for New York State as an RN with people who had disabilities. If I can be of assistance when you get there ... just let me know.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
is he in a union at his fed job?
many unions have info on disability benefits or know of disability lawyers that can help (the non-ambulance chasing kind).
what fed job isnt union???? they are working on it.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Well-wishes your way...hope it all works out for the best for your family.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #14
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
sorry Tammy :(

hope things get better for you and your family....praying for you