Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #15
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflip View Post
Ofer sells the retro fit kit for the HUD on his site and from what I've seen it looks stock. For $375 you get everything including a new rear view mirror. Just my 2 cents, but although it would be more to Install it would add value to the car because your adding a factory option with a factory look.
http://www.gen5diy.com/DIY_kits/HUD
I agree with everything you said, however you are assuming the installation is done correctly and looks factory. For me who is going to do the install? I'm not going to do it because I don't feel comfortable that I will do a quality job and I can't find anyone to install the HUD in my car. The price on the HUD kit from Ofer must have come down a lot since the last time I checked because I thought it was double what you said it cost.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
with that kit I think there is a piece of film that you attach to the windshield to get the clearest display.. not sure I would like that part
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #17
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
With the HUD Kit that Ofer (2SSRS) has there is no film that goes on the windshield. I did the HUD install with Ofer's help and it is one of the BEST Mods that I have done on my car.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
OnStar Report and OBD readers.

Leaving anything plugged into your diagnostic port will Kill your monthy report from Onstar. It will give errors all the time. I know it does because I have a OBD2 reader and app for my Ipod and leaving the reader plugged in does that.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
Interlux

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS - SW/IOM
I'm going to say it - as it's becoming too common - but this is the third or fourth thread in the past few weeks I've seen with the title "I seen"

Please tell me this is just becoming a new way to skip a few letters while typing and not the complete failure of our sentence structuring...

"I seen it work" is just flat out wrong. Period.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264354

This is the other one. "Seen this today"

Wrong.
Interlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I did the Ofer HUD also and it was the best $370 I have spent. The install wasn't too bad but I did it over two weekends as the Camaro isn't my DD. However this HUD could be a decent option for those who either don't want to do the install or pay for it.

Fr those who are thinking about Ofer's HUD I only have a small tool collection and the only extra tool I had to buy was a T50 torx for removing the steering wheel.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlux View Post
I'm going to say it - as it's becoming too common - but this is the third or fourth thread in the past few weeks I've seen with the title "I seen"

Please tell me this is just becoming a new way to skip a few letters while typing and not the complete failure of our sentence structuring...

Wrong.
Thank you, teacher.
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:

Wrong.
OMG talk about being anal. Do people come here to learn about sentance structure? With all of the misspelling I see on here every day I would think that would keep you busy.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I did the Ofer HUD also and it was the best $370 I have spent. The install wasn't too bad but I did it over two weekends as the Camaro isn't my DD. However this HUD could be a decent option for those who either don't want to do the install or pay for it.

Fr those who are thinking about Ofer's HUD I only have a small tool collection and the only extra tool I had to buy was a T50 torx for removing the steering wheel.
If I could find someone to do the install I would go with Ofer's kit no question. There is simply no way I would trust myself to do the install. I did my dash ABL and am shocked how well that turned out. I wouldn't try to do anything more advanced than that.

Quote:
Leaving anything plugged into your diagnostic port will Kill your monthy report from Onstar. It will give errors all the time. I know it does because I have a OBD2 reader and app for my Ipod and leaving the reader plugged in does that.
This is certainly something to consider, I had no idea this would be a problem.

Russ
Old 12-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #24
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
With the HUD Kit that Ofer (2SSRS) has there is no film that goes on the windshield. I did the HUD install with Ofer's help and it is one of the BEST Mods that I have done on my car.

Walt B.
I mentioned that he didn't use the film, and if you look at the pics you won't see the film on the windshield. My guess is the film is for very sunny days, however, the guy that has this portable HUD says he can see it fine even when it's sunny.

Russ
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

Wrong.
Americans are too lazy to speak or type correctly anymore. You get called a Grammar Nazi or nerd if you attempt to correct someone's stupidity. What I can't stand is when people type "I should of" instead of "I should have" or use your when they mean you're (or vice versa).

I have OCD when it comes to proper spelling and grammar. Public forums can drive me insane sometimes.

To get back on topic though, that is a nice HUD. I wish my OEM HUD had a shift light.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Americans are too lazy to speak or type correctly anymore. You get called a Grammar Nazi or nerd if you attempt to correct someone's stupidity. What I can't stand is when people type "I should of" instead of "I should have" or use your when they mean you're (or vice versa).

I have OCD when it comes to proper spelling and grammar. Public forums can drive me insane sometimes.

To get back on topic though, that is a nice HUD. I wish my OEM HUD had a shift light.
I blame it all on texting, instant messaging and twitter.... I even hear people talk like they text.... It's like a foreign language!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #27
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I blame it all on texting, instant messaging and twitter.... I even hear people talk like they text.... It's like a foreign language!
So true! I am have to perpetually train employees that emails to customers must be professional and not written in text message format. However on this forum I don't pay that much attention or care.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #28
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
People should learn, or they could end up like this lady.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html