Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
I Ordered A 2017 ZL1 Today!

Well, I did it...............After countless days mulling this over I walked into my dealership and ordered the 2017 Camaro ZL1 in hyper blue metallic with the 10-speed automatic and navigation. And Yes, they had an allocation available.

I sat with my dealer and went thru the GM Workbench order form and made sure that everything was checked according to what I want and made sure that its an SRE order.

I realize the automatic probably won't be available till January, I'm hoping sooner but you never know. I realize that this will be a JOURNEY. And my order will go thru when it goes thru, whenever that may be. I'm not really expecting to take delivery until spring sometime. But, again who knows......I'm really stoked but my emotions are tempered because its going to be a while before I see her..........

Some questions:

1. The black front splitter, does that come standard on the car or is it an accessory that you have to order? I'm hoping it comes as a standard..

2. The hood extractor does this come painted black as a standard or does it come body color? All the pictures I've seen its painted black with a optional carbon weave..............Again, I'm hoping this comes as a standard.

Some other observations looking at the 100 page order form that I downloaded from this site, no options for the interior (I will miss my white ceramic interior from my 2016 2LT) and no options for wheels. I do like the wheels that come stock on the car....

3 reasons I did this:

1. You only live once
2. I want this car and want to experience a super charged V8 and all of the performance stuff that comes along with it...
3. You only live once

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Good for you mate. I will phone my salesman tommorow and see if mines updated.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #3
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Congrats! Going from 6 to supercharged V8. You are going to have a blast.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Congratulations OP, gonna be a BIG change from that 2LT. Its only money and you cant take it with you right?!
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
if "you only live once" why did you buy a 2lt (and mod it) over a 2ss?

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
From this to that, nice going!
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #7
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
if "you only live once" why did you buy a 2lt (and mod it) over a 2ss?
Cause exactly one year ago I joined this forum and was a NEWBIE and didn't know any better. I admit that. It was like do I really need a 2SS? and I stupiditly answered NO. Big mistake...But, hey I'm looking forward to another pain staking emotional next 4 or 5 months. Just like last year at this time. Placed my order in September and didn't get my car till dec. 10...

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #8
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
I feel for you man. Of the cars I have owned two of them were ordered. My first C6 Corvette and my Hellcat. Both cases the waiting sucked REALLY bad!! But all was forgiven the first moment I layed eyes on them and then the whole waiting experience completely forgotten by the time I got them home on the maiden voyage. Gotta say on both cases it was worth it. Its one way to get something that really sucks and is really awesome all in one experience. I'm sure it will be for you as well.
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #9
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Well, I did it...............After countless days mulling this over I walked into my dealership and ordered the 2017 Camaro ZL1 in hyper blue metallic with the 10-speed automatic and navigation. And Yes, they had an allocation available.

I sat with my dealer and went thru the GM Workbench order form and made sure that everything was checked according to what I want and made sure that its an SRE order.

I realize the automatic probably won't be available till January, I'm hoping sooner but you never know. I realize that this will be a JOURNEY. And my order will go thru when it goes thru, whenever that may be. I'm not really expecting to take delivery until spring sometime. But, again who knows......I'm really stoked but my emotions are tempered because its going to be a while before I see her..........

Some questions:

1. The black front splitter, does that come standard on the car or is it an accessory that you have to order? I'm hoping it comes as a standard..

2. The hood extractor does this come painted black as a standard or does it come body color? All the pictures I've seen its painted black with a optional carbon weave..............Again, I'm hoping this comes as a standard.

Some other observations looking at the 100 page order form that I downloaded from this site, no options for the interior (I will miss my white ceramic interior from my 2016 2LT) and no options for wheels. I do like the wheels that come stock on the car....

3 reasons I did this:

1. You only live once
2. I want this car and want to experience a super charged V8 and all of the performance stuff that comes along with it...
3. You only live once

The A10 has a constraint. Explain how your order went through. In addition the ZL1 doesn't go up on the ordering site till Sep.8th.

I'm calling this out because your post is contradictory to everything we all know.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #10
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

This is what the order workbench looks like as of today. I'm calling BS on this.

Can you post an image? Very curious how your order could possibly have been entered.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #11
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
First congrats Zach, love the ZL1, but my SS is plenty for me, I don't think I would really utilize 650 hp, just my feeling on the ZL1...second, his dealer probably was able to input the order, but remember it may not be able to be picked up, either sitting at 1100 or just sitting idle in the system. I remember last summer my dealer was able to bring everything up, but had to wait until the order banks opened to be input into Workbench officially and move to 1100.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #12
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #13
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
If you haven't driven the SS yet, I suggest you go drive one before your order gets put in, just so you can see what you are dealing with in terms of power and torque. At least this way you can see and feel what the LT1 V8 is all about. Just a suggestion coming from the V6.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #14
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
First congrats Zach, love the ZL1, but my SS is plenty for me, I don't think I would really utilize 650 hp, just my feeling on the ZL1...second, his dealer probably was able to input the order, but remember it may not be able to be picked up, either sitting at 1100 or just sitting idle in the system. I remember last summer my dealer was able to bring everything up, but had to wait until the order banks opened to be input into Workbench officially and move to 1100.
For that to be true his would be the first order in the entire country. Today is 8/24. So you're saying his dealer doesn't have to wait till Sep 8th?