Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #99
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Not suprised. GM prefers to ignore issues than address problems, Cobalt Ignition, the 8 speed, the Chevy Shake, disintegrating dashes, etc, call the customer and idiot or liar rather than to admit a problem. Every car maker has done it, but GM KEEPS doing it. As long a people reward their behavior they will keep doing it. I think the 3rd place Silverado is the biggest showing yet of people are reacting.

I know you are wondering, why did I buy a Camaro? Because it's so good. Once it is gone, I won't have a reason or excuse to get another GM, it is THE reason I have bought another GM. I have been wondering it my next vehicle will be a Blazer or Passport. I like the Blazer exterior better, the interior better, and some of the features better. But, I think of my ownership experiences of my Honda, and my GM's, so I am leaning heavily toward the Passport if my daily got wrecked tomorrow.

My Honda needed a new battery, I am told the defective bad battery has reset the 3/36 warranty for the battery. On the other hand, anyone see that thread about the transmission issue past the 60k mark?
Old 06-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #100
SSsedanM6

Drives: SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
My friend Scott, several years retired from GM was never an executive. He just had the most passion for the Camaro than all of the executives combined..
I know him well.
I chose my words very carefully.
GM needs someone with not only his passion, but his personality, making the decisions, if Camaro, and frankly GM, can be saved.

I also know you.
Historically, you and I happen to agree on almost everything.

Already said too much.
Now, I'm going to return to the ether, with my fingers crossed.
SSsedanM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #101
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
If true this is very sad news...
Old 06-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #102
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

While yes earlier I agree this seems like the type made just for clicks there is some evidence that at least makes me go hmmm I could see that happening.

1. Al O getting plucked away from the Camaro. He's the guy that got it where it is and he's in another department.
2. The sales are bad (segment wise all bad)
3. there's really been no rumors about the 7th gen. I think everyone just assumed it would go on Alpha II like the CT4/5

But to me there is way more reasons to keep it around that have already been mentioned. Mostly the plant won't survive on just CT4/5 production. That alone to me makes the car worth carrying into a 7th gen. I would say it's more likely that we see a 7th gen than not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando16SS View Post
Everyone is forgetting about China. Cadillac sedans sell like hot cakes there which justifies the investment. Camaro does not sell in China
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That is true about china, I am not sure are Cadillac's for China built in Lansing then exported? I know some of the CT6 are built in China
Cadillacs that are sold in China are made in China and vice versa. CT6 sold in China are built in China. CT6 for North America were built at Hamtramck. Development costs would be shared to a large degree, but manufacturing costs would not. Lansing Grand River has to roll with the product made there. CT4 and CT5 are a lock. With the closing of Hamtramck, CT6 (Omega) needs to be built somewhere. LGR seems as likely as anywhere else in the GM universe. GM will most likely not import it from China. And, following the Cadillac naming scheme, there may still be CT3 and CT7 somewhere on the horizon. There could also be potential for a CUV based on Alpha. In any scenario adding other vehicles to LGR, Camaro’s value as a volume hedge is reduced.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #103
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
2023?????? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:33 PM   #104
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Oh boy, I can't wait to see where this thread goes with SSsedanM6!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #105
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
I drove a dual motor Tesla model 3 - that thing is fkn ROCKET. No wheel spin, no noise, but that propulsion is mind blowing. Yeah, EV is future.

About the only thing you will miss is exhaust note. Acceleration is bonkers. There is even track mode, so you can slide it around.

Just recall back when fuel injection came out "it's the end of tuners" nope... This is just the beginning. Less maintenance, more speed.

Sure, until you try to go anywhere. Then you have to waste time at charging stations, if there are any, which I guarantee there wouldn't be where I went last weekend.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #106
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
This is GREAT NEWS!My Super Sport Camaro just increased in value by 8.25% because of this news! Because the car will soon become a rare hard to find modern muscle car!!!!
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #107
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsedanM6 View Post
Before the 6th Gen was released, I told Al Oppenheiser, Todd Christensen, Adam Barry, etc to their faces that this would happen if they did not address the terrible visibility, cramped interior, worthless back seat/trunk, etc.
They arrogantly, and rudely, dismissed my humble advice with the smugness that usually precedes failure.

All they had to do was deliver a ATS-V Coupe with a Camaro badge and a LT1/LT4.

The Camaro Community was disgraced by their dereliction of duty, and now it appears our beloved Camaro is dead.

Yet, they are awarded with new jobs, when they should all be unemployed.

I hope the Camaro can be saved with executives like Scott Settlemire,
with a 7th Generation that addresses all the blatant and obvious failures of the 6th Gen.

And to all those that want to dismiss my post, and even personally attack me for posting i: YOU and your mentality is exactly why the Camaro is on death's door.

Nothing new for GM. They always let their sporty cars die on the vine, Camaro, Firebird, Fiero, Soltice. The Corvette almost did not have a 4th Gen for the same reason. A 6th Gen Camaro is nothing more than a 5th Gen with a better chassis. When it came out, the public could not see any difference between the two generations. For all practical purposes, the car will be 13 years old by 2023. Any car will die without updates in 13 years.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #108
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsedanM6 View Post
Before the 6th Gen was released, I told Al Oppenheiser, Todd Christensen, Adam Barry, etc to their faces that this would happen if they did not address the terrible visibility, cramped interior, worthless back seat/trunk, etc.
They arrogantly, and rudely, dismissed my humble advice with the smugness that usually precedes failure.

All they had to do was deliver a ATS-V Coupe with a Camaro badge and a LT1/LT4.

The Camaro Community was disgraced by their dereliction of duty, and now it appears our beloved Camaro is dead.

Yet, they are awarded with new jobs, when they should all be unemployed.

I hope the Camaro can be saved with executives like Scott Settlemire,
with a 7th Generation that addresses all the blatant and obvious failures of the 6th Gen.

And to all those that want to dismiss my post, and even personally attack me for posting i: YOU and your mentality is exactly why the Camaro is on death's door.

You can sell anybody anything if you are good salesman. The Camaro is just fine as it is. Chevy has had a massive failure to market and sell this vehicle. Even the Camaro configurator website was a sorry hot mess the last time I was there. They don't advertise. Its a badass car and there should be some no hold back badass advertising to perk peoples ears up. Screw the Political Correctness! Thats GMs problem, its feminine like its run by a bunch of women spraying perfume and setting up flowers to sell cars. That sucks.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #109
Commando16SS

Drives: n/a
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/...vrolet-camaro/

"delayed"
Commando16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #110
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
This is Chevy's Idea on how to sell product...no wonder Chevy sales are in the dumps much less just the Camaro. Sad.

Lame!

That sh!t is so feminine and crappy its pathetic. What a bunch of Dumbasses heading up GM. That vehicle should be advertised showing it going through its paces on a deserted rugged back road.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #111
Deputy Dog
Banned

GM...Take note! This is how you should advertise an SUV. ...what a bunch of clowns with no sales imagination whatsoever.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #112
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Ok. The poor Camaro sales of 2015 (77,502) and 2016 (72,705) raised concern. What does Mustang’s 2018 total (75,802) mean?
it means that they are losing sales too, but not as bad as Camaro.
They too risk running out of customers if they put out a product people want