Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #15
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I see the LT1 has AFM which I hated on my L99... I had to use a Range to delete it. Now I have the V8 I wanted. So how will that be handled? Can it be disabled with a setting to avoid an aftermarket fix again? This time I assume it will affect manual trans cars too.

Cam
On the c7 corvette with 7spd manual, the AFM is only active while the car is in eco mode. So if you don't want the AFM to engage, just don't put it in eco mode.... deleting it completely will require a tune as before.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #16
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Who says there isn't room for a V8 and TTV6? A 390-400 horse TTV6 is a far different beast from a 450 horse V8. Maybe even make the TTV6 the base SS engine and uprate (translated up price) the V8. This helps with CAFE requirements also as I'm sure the TTV6 has better economy. That would give some pretty good options.

We have to remember that some unorthodox configurations are coming. Maybe not in the 6th gen but on the horizon. As rules keep tying their hands, the V8 will be reserved for high end, Gus guzzler taxed, halo models. Not the primary sold trim levels.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #17
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
On the c7 corvette with 7spd manual, the AFM is only active while the car is in eco mode. So if you don't want the AFM to engage, just don't put it in eco mode.... deleting it completely will require a tune as before.
Thx be interesting if that carries over to the Camaro.... they could have done that with the Gen 5 in Sport mode (disabled) & Drive (enabled) I just wonder if they will do this in the Gen 6 but I suppose they would follow the vette.

Last edited by qcman; 02-16-2015 at 08:56 AM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #18
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Who says there isn't room for a V8 and TTV6? A 390-400 horse TTV6 is a far different beast from a 450 horse V8. Maybe even make the TTV6 the base SS engine and uprate (translated up price) the V8. This helps with CAFE requirements also as I'm sure the TTV6 has better economy. That would give some pretty good options.

We have to remember that some unorthodox configurations are coming. Maybe not in the 6th gen but on the horizon. As rules keep tying their hands, the V8 will be reserved for high end, Gus guzzler taxed, halo models. Not the primary sold trim levels.
The problem is cost. The TTV6 is more expensive to produce than the V8, so slotting it below the LT1 just doesn't make sense from GM's standpoint. Additionally, slotting a TTV6 above the V8 also doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective.

Regarding fuel economy, the TTV6 does NOT have better fuel economy than the LT1. While options are good for consumers, they are also more costly for manufacturers. That's why GM uses essentially the same engines across all of its brands.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #19
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

I've seen no official mpg for the TT-V6 but I see no reason to believe it has better fuel enconomy. It's existence is due to the fact they could not squeeze the LT1 or LT4 in the ATS I bet.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #20
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
yes. the 6th gen camaro will have driving modes such as "Sport" "Track" "Eco" etc. the competition has them so this car will too. most new cars have driving modes period.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I've seen no official mpg for the TT-V6 but I see no reason to believe it has better fuel enconomy. It's existence is due to the fact they could not squeeze the LT1 or LT4 in the ATS I bet.
My understanding is the ATS was package protected for the small block incase made the V LT1 powered. I bet the V is TTV6 because the competition is mostly boosted, smaller displacement engines.

From what I can find, the LF3 basically replicates the LS3 in power, torque and mileage but with a flatter torque curve.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #22
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
LF3 (420 HP) or LF4 (450 HP) would be a shock to ever find there way into the Camaro.

Those are engines intended to replace V8s, not supplement them. Arguably you could have put the LT1 in the CTS V-sport and had a pretty good car. Still hoping that finds it's way in an SS replacement somehow.

Why would GM ever bother to put an engine between the V6 and the V8? It would simply add confusion in the market place and add one more level of complexity in the plant for an engine that costs a butt load more to manufacture.

It could happen, and may very well someday. But for now there is no need for GM to come out with a special lower HP LF2 so folks can have a choice between the 2 for an engine that costs more.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #23
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
this could be happend if we keep using Gasoline Combustion engines, at some point we are not going to be able to use a V8 or will be really Expensive... I mean we are kind of stuck with this technology XD, think about it, if we could burn something not as harmful to earth... CAFE would not longer apply to the car + plus gm could use bigger engines, but we are kind of fu**ed with gas..., I don't want an electronic camaro but , don't know something new, countries like Colombia, are beginning to use cacao Ethanol and natural gas ( gas not gasoline) because gasoline its getting so absurdly expensive (6+ dollars per gallon) so we have E10 to E25 back there... I dont know why we are still using gas... it is something wrong about it? the LT1 could handle Ethanol?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #24
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I am surprised that on one hand everyone says GM can't/doesn't build engines that specific so there is no chance of a lower output TTV6 but then turn around and say they will only use the TTV6 in the ATS-V. They have to find another use to dollar cost average the R&d to make it lucrative. Is it used in any other vehicle?
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 PM   #25
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I think people are going to be very shocked at the options we have when ordering the new camaro, both in engine choices and trim levels ( 1LE, ZL1, SS, etc) the 1st year
I wonder if they will revisit their 3 valve head ohv setup that was developed to compete with the then in development LS7 on the LS series before losing favor to the 427 which achieved its hp goal due to a less complex arraignment.
Attached Images

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 02-14-2015 at 11:40 PM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #26
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I hope you are right about this. Mustang does without this stuff.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I am surprised that on one hand everyone says GM can't/doesn't build engines that specific so there is no chance of a lower output TTV6 but then turn around and say they will only use the TTV6 in the ATS-V. They have to find another use to dollar cost average the R&d to make it lucrative. Is it used in any other vehicle?
CTS Vsport and XTS Vsport.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #28
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I would just like a 2016 Camaro w/turbo 4 with about 310-315/hp & at least 300 tq ... and better gearing options ..... but I love options !!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote